Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT.Scandal of Amy Winehouse concert/Go to rehab Amy again...
Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: June 19, 2011 00:44

Amy wants to tour Belgrade
Amy Winehouse arrives in Belgrade on Friday evening, while part of her crew comes as soon as today. Those who are eagerly anticipating her show at Kalemegdan, and have perhaps been sceptical about the singer’s state of body and mind ahead of the European tour, will be glad to hear the stage has almost been completely built and that Amy has already held a behind-closed-doors gig on 14 June ahead of around 100 people in a London club
Amy recently spent some time in rehab, but on Sunday evening sang for the select crowd in London, which was a prelude to her European tour where she will hold twelve concerts. Those present at the concert claimed Amy was in top shape on the stage and even told jokes in intermissions.

British magazine The Sun has released details of Amy’s rider list for the Belgrade show and cited the singer’s agent who had requested that none of the rooms on the hotel floor where Amy would be staying have alcohol in them. It was later revealed the same request had been sent to all other destinations where Amy is to hold concerts on this tour.

Amy’s show starts at around 10.45pm on 18 June, while the singer will be accompanied by nine other musicians on the stage on the Kalemegdan Fortress. Her rider is compiled on 72 pages, and as we have unofficially learned, Amy has expressed a desire to do a sightseeing tour of Belgrade.

- “We are fully aware we are not doing a Celine Dion concert, but rather Amy Winehouse’s. That is the charm of the event she brings. We are also aware she has sold 11 million records and has never cancelled a show. Her management team are leaving nothing to chance and have sent us a rider on 72 pages. One of the first requests is that there will be no taking pictures, interviews or any media or promotional activities. However, they may have a change of heart in the last minute,” Boban Milosevski, Avalon Productions general manager, has said for Blic.

The programme will start at 6pm with a set played by DJ Selecter... from Venice.
Before the day’s headliners Amy Winehouse and Moby, other show openers will be Serbian band Zemlja gruva, Elemental from Croatia and Bei The Fish, who will be supported by a guest appearance from Macedonian singer Karolina Goceva.

- “Zemlja gruva, Elemental and Bei The Fish will perform because they most resemble headliners, but it was not our own decision, but rather Moby’s and Amy’s management teams had the final say in it,” said Segor Meskovic of Avalon. Amy’s show should be over by midnight, after which the crowd will see the performance of Moby.

Amy today at Balgrades airport
23:10 h
Finally, fans at Belgrade (Kalimegdan) have seen controversial British singer and the concert. Amy is in blackgreen dress came to the stage, tripped over it and act drunk. There were indications that they will start singing "Just friends" but never starts. ashe speak with the band, but not to start singing. With her two back vowels, and nine musicians on stage. The audience was pretty disappointed, sing the song "Tears dry on their own play video", but the singer can not remember the words and could hardly stand on his feet.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-19 09:34 by JJackFl.

Re: OT.Go to rehab Amy again...
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 19, 2011 00:59

That's a pity, maybe she should give up live singing and just record a new album when she is sober, she still can sing though

Date: June 19, 2011 01:07

23:35
The singer after failed attempts to sing something, fall down, then left the scene about ten minutes, and then returned and seat next to the band. Belgrade audience was quite upset and disappointed, but we all still hope that by the end of the night to attend a better edition of the famous singer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-19 01:09 by JJackFl.

Date: June 19, 2011 01:13

00:00
Amy's still on stage and "sing" their popular hits, but judging by the reactions of the audience, all the bad sounds. Can not remember the words, trying to sing "Love is losing game", but it goes poorly. Previous track was "Back to Black", but few people managed to recognize it. At one point she threw the Microphone. The audience heard boos and cheers "Moby, Moby."

Date: June 19, 2011 01:20

Amy is (when sober) one of the most honest and soulful singers of the last 30 years. I am still blown away by her voice, songwriting and performances. Unfortunately, she will die if she doesn't get help and we will have lost another.

There have not been many artists that have come along who can hold a candle to the classic artists of the past. Amy is one who can carry the torch...if sober.

Date: June 19, 2011 01:30

Stones at Belgrade 14.07.2007. Ronnie and KR was sobber!!!
I saw Stones 10 times, and it was the best. Firstly I saw them 1976, and wasn' important if they were sobber. Billie Preston and Olie Brown was sobber then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-19 01:30 by JJackFl.

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: June 19, 2011 05:52

Ouch...

Date: June 19, 2011 09:33

World star Amy Winehouse has started a European tour last night in Belgrade scandalous performance.

The audience at Kalemegdan literally booed Amy, who in one hour and 11 minutes of the concert almost did not sing.

The point, however, took the American musician Moby, who is a great performance "raised" the Belgrade audience.

Moby's song "Why Does My Heart" dedicated to the Belgrade audience, which it was greeted with ovations at Kalemegdan.

The long-awaited concert of Amy Winehouse, took place in the singer's attempt to stay on your feet and sing something, and occasionally a matter of "pulling" guys from the band who played brilliantly.

Amy Winehouse, known as skandalmajstor and prone to leave the concert because it was "on something," she repeated such a scandal in Belgrade.

At the outset, welcomed the "Athens" and later "in New York audience," although it was hard to understand what she says - all she's done - unrelated spoke and sang a few verses just a few of their hits.

Amy has definitely left around midnight scene accompanied by whistles.

Organizers of the "Avalon production", said they were surprised by the situation, and could not give statements to media representatives.

Moby, who is the audience commented that "in Belgrade left heart", and his band played the remix of "Rehab" and the audience rose to their feet at the very beginning of his performance.

Many visitors were asked if they will be refunded the money they gave the tickets, but apparently this will not happen.

In survey after the concert, which was the morning program broadcast by RTS, most respondents agreed that this was "the worst gig in their lives", while a middle-aged from Belgrade said he was "happy" because - "I saw this and though I have not paid expensive ticket. "

Re: OT.Scandal of Amy Winehouse concert/Go to rehab Amy again...
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: June 19, 2011 09:57

Such a waste of talent....I'd love to see her once, sober...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 19, 2011 09:59

I'd love to see her once, sober...

.......Do yaself a favour Harm and check inta AA's.......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: June 19, 2011 10:26

Rockman
I'd love to see her once, sober...

.......Do yaself a favour Harm and check inta AA's.......

smiling smiley you could indeed read my post like that.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 19, 2011 12:11

A wonderful talent, but such a waster.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: June 19, 2011 12:49

for those who only know her as the scandal-girl or doubt her outstanding musical talent: ;-) still it's a @#$%& shame she's wasting it....

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 19, 2011 13:14

I don't doubt Winehouse's talent, but...

This is a little unsettling: Winehouse and Doherty off their tits ad playing with baby mice.

Posted by: Thricenay ()
Date: June 19, 2011 21:32

Next two gigs are cancelled. Probably for the best.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 20, 2011 03:35

Meet the new Amy....same as the old Amy. Instead of a 72 page rider.She needs 72 step program to get sober.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: June 20, 2011 03:51

If you want to see a soulful band and singer, save your ticket money till Sharon Jones and The Dap Kings come to your town. Several of the Dap Kings played on Amy's Rehab and other songs. They are the real deal from Brooklyn. She's just a drunk.

Posted by: M4000D ()
Date: June 20, 2011 10:01

Milan
Ouch...

I forgot what I was going to say

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-20 10:05 by M4000D.

Date: June 20, 2011 10:32

That's why the lady is a tramp!

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: June 20, 2011 13:30

Times have changed, Iggy for instance had gigs like that all the time in the old days, no one gave a shit smiling smiley

Posted by: Dark Horse 77 ()
Date: June 20, 2011 13:50

True, but Iggy could still pull it together to get an album out every few years. Amy made one good and one great one, we're still waiting for another (hopefully) great one from her.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 20, 2011 14:34

What are you whining about? Here, we have an artist who has reached the same heights as Keith 1970-77, Johnny Thunders and Pete Doherty ...

Moby eye rolling smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: June 20, 2011 14:45

Come On
What are you whining about? Here, we have an artist who has reached the same heights as Keith 1970-77, Johnny Thunders and Pete Doherty ...

Moby eye rolling smiley

true, but what irritates me about amy is that she really seems to hate to do her job. she seems digusted by her audience and just shows them the middlefinger for- well about 60 minutes! thats not cool. if she hates it so much, she just shouldnt tour - simple as that! keith, ozzy, lemmy...you name it, the were all in the stratosphere sometimes, but they delivered and loved their job. they were all strung out, but didnt behave like spoiled psychopaths....

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 20, 2011 14:49

...could be that spoiled psychopaths....

is the 2011-thing...smoking smiley

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: June 20, 2011 16:54

The beginning of the show is incredibly pathetic :

Such a waste !

Posted by: Handova ()
Date: June 20, 2011 18:55

It's all marketing, dudes!

Date: June 20, 2011 20:06

I started this post. But my aim is not to blame Amy. Only to inform IORR.
At the end I want to finish with this text from Serbian writer named Biljana Srbljanovic. She is nice. But it's not so important. She is very smart. Translation is mines, and poor, but those who want to understand, will understand.
Knife in the heart

So what you wanted? "Good evening Beograde, let’s go, hands up!" Is it a "performance" for ya?
First, Amy Winehouse is not a singer. Svetlana(1) is a singer, and when she went to jail, the audience was one hundred percent "respected". Amy, on the contrary, the goddess, a creature from outer space, which staggers under the weight of life, and Belgrade, unfortunately, did not understand that he attended a moving moment in history. Amy is the premier artist in a long series of selfdestructive genius, was not born and does not exist to VIP lounge showed yesterday what he taught English in class. She is turned on, all by itself, and tends to disappear before our eyes, it evaporates, melts, turns into an atomic number of 79th. Beeing in her appearance is as if the present moment in which Van Gogh cut the ear itself, and you’re bed, because these lymph sprayed the iris. Spoils you just fine decoration and the color. Or if you wanted to return money, because you broke the Captain Kelly concert in New Haven.Tonight Belgrade saw history, youtube with "Just Friends" should be submitted in the archives of MSU, to be kept as a valuable document. All this remindsme of "The Last Sitting" from Bert Stern, the last session photographing Marilyn Monroe, just weeks before her physical death. Photos ordered Vogue, and released them the day after her death, and to see them all: and why she lived and why she died, all of her horror and beauty, and quite fresh scar from gall bladder surgery and terrible sorro wthat radiant being. Marilyn, during the shooting, got drunk a few times so that the hours she slept through most moving moments. After the nail polish scratch the negatives that she is not liked, and these pictures are the best. Amy hated last night is like inPhotoshop to clear the cut on Marilyn stomach.
What kind of blase mainstream has turned this town? What kind of obnoxious of all the media lynching of a genius on hers knees, what catholicity in spiting, and they are all there, as in the Konuzin party. What is easier than that? Nothing. What is harder? A life!
Good evening Athens. Good evening New York(2). "Well, I'm the Crawlin 'King Snake /And I rule my den," who that does not understand, does not understand anything. In fact, however, understand something: "Good evening, Offenbach."
PS: I’m not rock critic, nor is this view of the concert. I invest in Amy, by buying tickets, that is for what she wants. Last time I was waiting in Paris, when the band announced that the scene will occur. This time I bought a regular ticket, but now I'm not coming. I knew what the alchemy that will evaporates. Who is going to dance, he missed the event. Amy is a comet. You could stick a pencil in your heart, spill it over the scene, would it satisfy you? It's only rock and roll, but I like it.
(1) Arkans vidow
(2) Amy said in Belgrade, she was lost...

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: June 20, 2011 20:18

This clip always cracked me up, with her taking a snort onstage. Very discreet, Amy.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 20, 2011 20:26

I loved Amy's "Back to Black" album the first time I heard it. She is a great recording artist. On stage , by the videos I have seen on youtube, she doesn't seem that great. Being a great live performer night after night ain't easy to do; I don't think Amy is in that league yet. May be she should make records only and avoid touring until she is able to handle the pressure to be in front of a live audience. It takes guts, courage and to have something to communicate to stand up on a stage when people have paid $$ to see you. Good luck Amy.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 20, 2011 20:29

This is just a long, drawn out train wreck. It's very much like watching a woman in a bar who has had way too much to drink, but she still thinks she's sexy when she shakes her ass in her slinky dress, not realizing it's just pathetic and sad. Why spend the money and make all the arrangements for a tour when it is this likely the star will instantaneously crash and burn? What a mess. This woman needs to go away for a very long time. Whatever "rehab" she has been doing obviously isn't taking. And her band has to put up with this humiliation. Just wretched.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1588
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home