Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Best memories of this really great Rolling Stones Tour of North America ?
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 19, 2015 00:39

So many great things, as well as the fantastic gigs in each city.

They were ALL so good, and over here in Europe it was great to follow the gigs on periscope live or read reviews and see videos the next day.

Best thing for me , after reviews, comments, videos etc. on IORR, was reading Bjornulfs' blog, whenever he could fit it in to his busy schedule, of places I had never been to .

How he managed to fit it all in , I just don't know.

Big thanks to BV and everyone else that made this Tour a pleasure to watch and listen to, wherever we were in this Rock 'n Roll world of ours. smileys with beer

Re: Best memories of this really great Rolling Stones Tour of North America ?
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 19, 2015 01:21

Seeing them in Wisconsin and Buddy Guy doing Champaign and Reefer with them. Mick was so in control. Belting out the classic line, "give me champaign when I'm thirsty! Give me REEFER when I wanna get hi! Awesome.

Detroit. Keith and Ronnie going to the mic and singing the backing vocals for Just My Imagination! AMAZING! They looked so in sync and happy with each other. Midnight Rambler in Detroit was manic. Just crazy Ronnie leads throughout the song, and especially during the ending build up. Amazing.

Really great to see Ronnie and Keith so focused and playing serious rock n' roll.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-19 05:24 by whitem8.

Date: July 19, 2015 01:40

smileys with beer

Date: July 19, 2015 01:49

'HANG ON SLOOPY' It is not often that the Rolling Stones surprise me at show with a completely unexpected song. COLUMBUS, OHIO

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 19, 2015 01:54

Good thread idea crawdaddy!

For me nothing could beat watching Moonlight Mile in San Diego. That whole show was great, I knew they were back and in top form!

Other great memories were the first and last periscope shows, the first (Columbus) because it was so cool to be seeing it from the comfort of home and the last (Quebec) because it was such a damn good show, the audience was so great and I was cherishing it knowing it was the last one.

The build up to the Fonda show was pretty special complete with the outrageous onlystones saga, even he couldn't really tarnish the excitement of that one, had quite a few of us going there. I was actually rooting for him till his after show stories alerted my BS meter. The fact that Cristiano got in was what really made my day, and probably his year!

Realizing sometime around Minneapolis that Ronnie didn't just have a couple good shows and was really on his game was delightful, I'm a pretty hardcore Taylorite and I had to finally give it up to the guy for what he was bringing to the table. I think he was the biggest surprise and delight for me this tour. Other people must have noticed too because the Ronnie bashers were mysteriously silent, or almost so. Ronnie gets the MVP award for the Zip Code Tour, imo.

Date: July 19, 2015 02:08

I just love to get fans on IORR to give their thoughts soon after the Tour is fresh in our minds.
I have been following it all in Europe and it's been a gas, gas ,gas from start to finish. thumbs up

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 19, 2015 05:12

My Dad took me to my first show in Cleveland, 89'- Fathers day weekend 2015, I took my son to his first show in Pittsburgh........ Beyond words.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 19, 2015 06:10

whitem8
Seeing them in Wisconsin and Buddy Guy doing Champaign and Reefer with them. Mick was so in control. Belting out the classic line, "give me champaign when I'm thirsty! Give me REEFER when I wanna get hi! Awesome.

Detroit. Keith and Ronnie going to the mic and singing the backing vocals for Just My Imagination! AMAZING! They looked so in sync and happy with each other. Midnight Rambler in Detroit was manic. Just crazy Ronnie leads throughout the song, and especially during the ending build up. Amazing.

Really great to see Ronnie and Keith so focused and playing serious rock n' roll.

didn't see the show in person but i agree that "champagne and reefer" seemed to be a highlight.

Posted by: AJDuffer ()
Date: July 19, 2015 06:22

Number 3 for me was Hear me Knocking in Milwaukee; 2nd was Street Fighting Man in Kansas City; and my top highlight was Mick grabbing my cell phone for a selfie during Miss You in Indianapolis. Also many great memories meeting so many awesome Stones fans from all around the world.

Posted by: Blue Boy ()
Date: July 19, 2015 08:30

Moonlight Mile. Arlington. My 12 year old son.

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: July 19, 2015 09:34

A red hot smoking BITCH and a beautifully tranquil and sublime MOONLIGHT MILE.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 19, 2015 09:57

Kansas City in Kansas City. My daughter and good friend with me in Indy.
Charlie with Tim's band. An excellant version of Moonlight Mile. The Stones
looking good, sounding good and having fun. The fans on their feet and grooving to this great band.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 19, 2015 10:25

Kansas City indeed!
And Just My Imagination with Keith & Ronnie singing backup as they should
And the mid-Rambler guitars issuing an invitation to come on into their kitchen, which the Mick then vocalized
Mick's very witty routine of taking selfies with people's phones
And the guitars! the guitars! the guitars!

I love the Rolling Stones

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: July 19, 2015 10:37

My favorite moment was Keith walking back to the stage from out on the catwalk at the end of his two song segment in Pittsburgh, 55,000 people behind him going nuts, and him saying "you know, it never gets old. Rock and Roll."

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: July 19, 2015 15:23

+1 on the Ronnie comments, he was fantastic and his work on rambler absolutely smoked.

The smiles coming from the stage. They were having just as good of a time as we were.

Going alone on a pilgrimage to Pittsburgh and being 3 rows from Keith.

My dad is a Beatles guy and though he drums some Stones songs with his band, was never a big fan and only expected a decent night of entertainment. He texted me right after Buffalo, saying, 'that was the best f&$&$@& thing I ever saw'.

Posted by: FeelinRealWell ()
Date: July 19, 2015 15:37

Hearing Moonlight Mile and then the superb explosion of Rambler from our great seats in Pittsburgh.
Watching Just my Imagination from Detroit on the periscope.

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: July 19, 2015 15:58

Wish I had better seats in Pittsburgh. The sound was too muddy in the back of the stadium. Oh well live and learn. Stones are still the best!

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 19, 2015 17:23

I keep thinking one day I'm going to see them and say it wasn't as good as the last tour, and I thought this might be it having Taylor on the last tour.

I'm very happy to say after seeing them in KC that was not the case!

Ronnie's solo in the 2nd half of Rambler might have been the best I've seen him do. Mick down on his knees on the catwalk in the middle of the song. Keith on SFM. Got to hear a rarely played song I've never seen them do before ("Kansas City"). All phenomenal.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: July 19, 2015 18:06

I'll never forget hearing those opening Jumping Jack Flash chords in San Diego, and seeing Keith come running out.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 19, 2015 18:23

Blue Boy

Thats awesome

Mine reads
Moonlight Mile. Arlington. My 10 Year old daughter.

But a more than honorable mention to a white hot Rocks Off the same night

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: July 19, 2015 18:33

For me, Nashville - a sublime version of "Far Away Eyes". Brad Paisley joining them to trade licks with Ronnie on "Dead Flowers". Also, my ex-girlfriend was my date as I promised her when we first met that no matter what, if the Stones came to town I would take her. I keep my promises, and watching her bust out with joy at the end of "Gimme Shelter" had me grinning from ear to ear.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 19, 2015 19:03

The whole Buffalo show and nobody drunk next to me during 3 shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-19 19:04 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: mgguy ()
Date: July 19, 2015 20:50

Indy was my only show and damn glad I went!

Stood at the fence in the gold at the back of the VIP, 'bout 20 feet from the end of the catwalk. My little section was party central and the sound was beautifully clear.

lots of great moments-I'll never forget Micks little ad lib, "come on in to my kitchen"...... and thinking how cool and smooth this band really is.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: July 19, 2015 22:14

They blew my mind twice...

1) Hang on Sloopy. Heard it at soundcheck but thought they were just joking around. The Stones and Ohio State football are my two favorite forms of entertainment. It was pure magic when the crowd did the O-H-I-O chant. Looked like Mick was not expecting it. Wonderful.

2) Happy - Pittsburgh. For some reason, I was mesmerized with Keith's vocal phrasing during BTMMR and was watching him closely on the big screen. During Happy, my eyes were glued to his face and he totally blew my mind when he changed the lyric from "when I can fly way back home" to "when I can f**k all night long". The sly look on his face when he sang it is unforgettable.

Great tour and an always great Rambler.

My all-time top 10 Stones most unforgettable concert moments...

10 Cleveland, 1978: Keith flips the bird to an angry crowd.
9. Tower, 2002: Heart of Stone
8. Toronto, 1989: the pyro-technique to start the show. (wasn't ready for it)
7. Chicago, 1978: Mick's dialated pupils during Miss You.
6. Pittsburgh, 2015: Keith changes the Happy lyric.
5. Philadelphia-1, 1981: Stones take a mulligan on Let it Bleed.
4. Pittsburgh, 1999: Whip on the B stage.
3. Columbus, 2015: Hang on Sloopy
2. Chicago, 1978: Stones come back out on stage to do an encore.
1. Akron, 1972: Mick climbs the PA scaffolding and smokes a joint.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-19 22:37 by josepi.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 20, 2015 02:29

The cop not finding my stash, after getting pulled over on the interstate. We were heading to Detroit and got pulled over for speeding near Sandusky, Ohio.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: July 20, 2015 03:19

I was able to attend nine of the Zip Code shows. I think they steadily improved since they started this journey towards the end of 2012, which is an overall great memory. Trying to pin a best, best ain't easy.

The 1st show of a tour is always a thrill.
CYHMK.
I really like the choirs on YCAGWYW.
The RS Indy car.
Having seats close to the stage at several shows.
A few close calls, but no bad weather.
Getting to go to nine shows (would have been 10, but stayed home from PIT at the wife's request).
Getting to go back to my old stomping ground of DFW.
Only having to pay airfare for 2-1/2 cities...
and the list could go on.

San Diego, Columbus, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, Kansas City, Raleigh, Indy, & Buffalo.

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: July 20, 2015 03:38

I like how they played all those different songs from Sticky Fingers at every show. Oh, wait....

Seriously though, it was a good tour that could have been more...

Posted by: Delta ()
Date: July 20, 2015 08:00

Hanging out at the Fonda before the news came down that the tickets were going to be sold over the internet.While we were standing in front of the Fonda the Zip Code banner was unfurled from the W hotel.Everyone cheered. Missed the Fonda show but saw the San Diego and Detroit shows which were great. San Diego was special and Detroit was super special, Just My Imagination. The boys were on for the whole tour.

Posted by: Blue Boy ()
Date: July 20, 2015 08:02

Munichhilton
Blue Boy

Thats awesome

Mine reads
Moonlight Mile. Arlington. My 10 Year old daughter.

But a more than honorable mention to a white hot Rocks Off the same night

Rocks Off was great! The whole show was out of this world! I hope your daughter caught the rock bug like my son did. He loves the Stones now!

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: July 20, 2015 08:32

Keith picking a 12 string at Fonda...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1921
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home