Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sticky Fingers cafe
Posted by: MuddyJaggrich ()
Date: May 23, 2015 11:04

Hi folks. Last week I've been to London and was a bit surprised what happened with Bill Wymans Sticky Fingers cafe. Nearly all the formerly band memorabilia has gone. I asked the bartender about an he said that Bill wanted back again all the stuff. They begged him just to leave a few things there. So only the Les Paul goldtop, two of Bills basses and a 3D-Cover of "Their Satanic Majesties Request" are still there what can discribed as original band memorabilia. What I could see were a few Ron Wood lithographs on the walls with the Stones the Beatles and Clapton on it. No more record awards or tour posters or tour programms at all. We had dinner there and it was very fine. So it's still worth to go there.

I`ve been there several times during the last twenty years and formerly to me it was the worlds greatest stones museum.
We had lots of fun there and met many stones fans from all over the world.

Has it something to do with the Jagger-planned new stones museum in London or are there maybe other reasons that Bill dissolved the presentation?

Cheers.

Re: Sticky Fingers cafe
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 23, 2015 12:30

Sounds not good that nearly all of the formerly band memorabilia has gone - at least there's still a Video from 2013:

Link to a recent [www.rollingstone.com] article about Bill Wyman: [www.iorr.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-23 21:25 by Irix.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 1, 2015 23:38

That stinks. I'd always wanted to go to London and overpay for a cheeseburger just to see the stuff on the wall. Something is up.

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: July 1, 2015 23:43

24FPS
That stinks. I'd always wanted to go to London and overpay for a cheeseburger just to see the stuff on the wall. Something is up.

not the stuff, apparently

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 2, 2015 00:04

24FPS

LOL. I've been and you described the experience perfectly.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 2, 2015 00:07

Does seem strange. Maybe he is selling the restaurant? They sure have great barbecue!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 2, 2015 00:10

24FPS

I'd always wanted to go to London and overpay for a cheeseburger just to see the stuff on the wall.

Maybe the stuff is soon on the walls of the Saatchi Gallery - [www.rollingstones.com] .

Around the corner in 49 Kings Road - the 'Chelsea drug store' - there's now a McDonalds, where you can grab a Cheeseburger .... grinning smiley

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: July 2, 2015 00:50

Irix
24FPS

I'd always wanted to go to London and overpay for a cheeseburger just to see the stuff on the wall.

Maybe the stuff is soon on the walls of the Saatchi Gallery - [www.rollingstones.com] .

Around the corner in 49 Kings Road - the 'Chelsea drug store' - there's now a McDonalds, where you can grab a Cheeseburger .... grinning smiley

one that is not overpriced, i might add.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: July 20, 2015 18:26

Was just there last week. I kept my expectations low. Muddy Jaggrich is right..not much memorabilia. I didn't know that it previously had more. My BBQ chicken was good. Stuff may have been removed for use in Exhibitionism or ??

Anyway..my 6 yr old daughter snapped these pics of me in front of Chelsea Drugstore (McDonalds) and inside Sticky Fingers.

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-20 18:28 by sweet neo con.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2097
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home