Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Best Stones surgery playlist ideas
Date: June 24, 2015 19:25

I am getting my wisdom teeth out in a week and I want to have my headphones in the whole time so that I can relax while they're putting me out and still have music on when I wake up. I have a few ideas of songs I want to add but I'm sure there's a much greater wealth of knowledge on here... shoot! What would you want to fall asleep to and wake up to when being put into a drug-induced coma to have your teeth pulled confused smileysmileys with beer

Re: Best Stones surgery playlist ideas
Posted by: ash ()
Date: June 24, 2015 19:35

cocaine on a dentists chair bootleg.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 24, 2015 19:37

brokecollegestudent
I am getting my wisdom teeth out in a week and I want to have my headphones in the whole time so that I can relax while they're putting me out and still have music on when I wake up. I have a few ideas of songs I want to add but I'm sure there's a much greater wealth of knowledge on here... shoot! What would you want to fall asleep to and wake up to when being put into a drug-induced coma to have your teeth pulled confused smileysmileys with beer

It won't matter broke, you won't remember a thing after you come out of it. Lady Jane is a good one to drift off too and Red Rooster to wake up to.

As an aside, be sure to follow the post op instructions, no excessive talking and nothing but soft foods. I ended up with dry sockets after I got my wisdom teeth pulled and I rank it up there on the pain scale with childbirth. Not trying to scare you, I'm sure you'll be fine, just take it easy, until the stiches are healed. Hope you have someone to pamper you afterwards.

Date: June 24, 2015 19:39

ash
cocaine on a dentists chair bootleg.[/quote

Hahaha

Date: June 24, 2015 19:41

latebloomer
brokecollegestudent

It won't matter broke, you won't remember a thing after you come out of it. Lady Jane is a good one to drift off too and Red Rooster to wake up to.

As an aside, be sure to follow the post op instructions, no excessive talking and nothing but soft foods. I ended up with dry sockets after I got my wisdom teeth pulled and I rank it up there on the pain scale with childbirth. Not trying to scare you, I'm sure you'll be fine, just take it easy, until the stiches are healed. Hope you have someone to pamper you afterwards.

I'll add Lady Jane! And I love Red Rooster too. Thanks smiling smiley and yeah I will have someone there thankfully!

Posted by: Lipsgogreen ()
Date: June 24, 2015 19:52

This is right up my alley.

Fall out to Sister Morphine and wake up to I Go Wild.

Propofal? is great. You go right out and wake up immediately with little or no hangover.

Listen to LB, follow up properly. I had dry socket too. It was awful.

The doctor said you'll be ok. If you only stay away from Femme Fatales and dirty bithces.

Thanks.

Tim

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 24, 2015 21:59

Would Dancing with Mr. D be appropriate? smiling smiley

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 24, 2015 22:15

Fall out: 2000 Man

Fall in: 2000 Light Years From Home

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 24, 2015 22:19

What about Ronnie Woods - Knock Your Teeth Out ???????????

ROCKMAN

Date: June 24, 2015 23:42

HearMeKnockin
Would Dancing with Mr. D be appropriate? smiling smiley

Haha it most definitely would, thank you smiling smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 24, 2015 23:51

I had to endure about an hour of dental drilling work on the morning of the last Earls Court show in May 76. So my dentist, knowing how scared I was, allowed me to bring in my cassette player and headphones and I chose, ironically, Let It Bleed. It was a perfect choice and I sailed through the drilling high on novocaine.

I then got to Earls Court without a ticket and me and a mate knew one of the security team - Sturico was the company - who snuck us into a side door at about 4pm and we got to the top level of Earls Court listening to the Stones rehearse for about 45 minutes.

We then wangled our way into the auditorium and watched one of the best Stones shows I've ever seen.

So, yeah, why not try Let It Bleed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-24 23:55 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 24, 2015 23:55

She's a Rainbow for sure.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 24, 2015 23:57

I'd recommend not to much "fast stuff" for the recovery... You're not going to want to move too quickly at that point. I actually got lucky... The day I had my wisdom teeth removed was the day of The Stones 1989 Pay-Per-View which my mom & dad paid for so I could watch while I rested! I laid on the couch and watched the Stone perform live while mom would rotate ice packs all throughout the concert (see below)...

On that note: Follow the doctor's recommendations regarding both ice and pain meds. I've watched my kids both succeed and fail on both counts. When they say to "stay ahead of the pain" they mean it. Don't wait for one pill to wear off and think you can take the next pill when the pain comes back, my daughter regrets trying that to this day. Also, ice on - ice off for whatever time frame they recommend - 30 minutes on, 30 minutes off or something like that for I forget how many hours to help with the pain and swelling. My daughter did that and, like me, didn't swell or bruise hardly at all. My son, not so much, he looked like a black & blue chipmunk for days!

In all seriousness: I hope all goes well for you and you have no complications and an easy recovery!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 24, 2015 23:58

Dear Doctor first. then Continental Drift while you're still halfway there.
Off the Hook when yer done.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: June 24, 2015 23:58

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-25 02:36 by swiss.

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 24, 2015 23:59

treaclefingers

Maybe someday I'll listen to all of TSMR during a dental surgery to see if I can get the experience of acid trip minus the LSD...

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 25, 2015 00:00

For drilling I find concert albums ideal - no pauses between numbers.
No Security seems to have a a lot of the right frequencies to really drown out the drill.
But for a narcotic daze my first thought was Satanic Majesties, so it's sweet to see so many people recommending tracks from it.
Let It Bleed is always good too, of course! So is Flowers. Or Now! Or Bridges. Or ...

You get where I'm going with this, I reckon :E

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 25, 2015 00:20

Always good to choose the right music for medical trauma. I played Shake Your Hips a lot after my hip replacements last year. It was actually pretty good physio, got me moving my arse.

Date: June 25, 2015 00:35

HearMeKnockin
treaclefingers

Maybe someday I'll listen to all of TSMR during a dental surgery to see if I can get the experience of acid trip minus the LSD...

my first thought was TSMR, and I am most definitely including a lot from that.

Date: June 25, 2015 00:38

with sssoul
No Security seems to have a a lot of the right frequencies to really drown out the drill.
But for a narcotic daze my first thought was Satanic Majesties, so it's sweet to see so many people recommending tracks from it.
Let It Bleed is always good too, of course! So is Flowers. Or Now! Or Bridges. Or ...

My first thought was Satanic Majesties too! We must be on the same wavelength smiling smiley

I definitely see where you're going with this and I like it haha I think I'm going to add all of those plus everything from suggested from this list because I will most likely keep my headphones in long after I'm home, I am not going to be smiles and sunshine afterward lol so it is probably best I keep my mouth shut and just listen to music

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: June 25, 2015 00:42

I think listening to Sister Morphine when going under a general anaesthetic would be a) a bit too obvious and b) extremely freaky, so maybe not that one. I would nonetheless suggest going for something mellow and soporific, perhaps Moonlight Mile or Faraway Eyes.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 25, 2015 01:42

I have to admit that I always like that moment right beforehand, when you know in a second your going to be out and into oblivion. In another life I think I would have been made a good junkie. Dead flowers, maybe? grinning smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 25, 2015 02:16

with sssoul

Drilling? Never listened to TSMR during sex...I'll give it a try and report back

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 25, 2015 02:54

20 odd years ago I had a morphine pre-op when I had cancer, I spent the two hours on my bed waitng to go to the theatre listening to Neil Young's & Crazy Horse's live album Weld - alright, not the Stones but perfect for the occasion.............of course the morphine did a number but NY topped it off..........no worries

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-25 03:06 by EddieByword.

Date: June 25, 2015 04:33

latebloomer
I have to admit that I always like that moment right beforehand, when you know in a second your going to be out and into oblivion. In another life I think I would have been made a good junkie. Dead flowers, maybe? grinning smiley

I have never had any type of surgery or anesthesia before so I have yet to experience that but it should be pretty interesting when I do very soon! Definitely Dead Flowers that is one of my favorite songs to sing along to when I'm driving smiling smiley though this time I'll be in the passenger seat while my boyfriend or one of my friends tries not to laugh at my doped-up chipmunk cheekness haha

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-25 04:33 by brokecollegestudent.

Date: June 25, 2015 04:37

treaclefingers
with sssoul

Drilling? Never listened to TSMR during sex...I'll give it a try and report back

AS much as I love TSMR I do think it would be a better listen while having my teeth drilled than when doing what you just referred to hahaha

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 25, 2015 04:47

brokecollegestudent
latebloomer

I have never had any type of surgery or anesthesia before so I have yet to experience that but it should be pretty interesting when I do very soon! Definitely Dead Flowers that is one of my favorite songs to sing along to when I'm driving smiling smiley though this time I'll be in the passenger seat while my boyfriend or one of my friends tries not to laugh at my doped-up chipmunk cheekness haha

General anethetic is completely surreal....it's literally like blinking and losing xxxxx amount of hours ....and obviously your mouth will feel different but with pain relief, no problem.......

Date: June 25, 2015 04:59

EddieByword
brokecollegestudent
latebloomer

General anethetic is completely surreal....it's literally like blinking and losing xxxxx amount of hours ....and obviously your mouth will feel different but with pain relief, no problem.......

Its like a "black box" (just heard it referred to as that physics theory on an NPR show called "Radio Lab"), and with that, I should add Paint it Black..

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 25, 2015 05:01

Any song you love the intro to will work for the fall out because you ain't gonna remember more that the first 10 seconds anyway.

I'd let the dentist pick the playlist, something than gives him a steady hand and fierce concentration, some Vivaldi perhaps...

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: June 25, 2015 05:39

latebloomer

I love that momement, I am always surprised when people tell me I am crazy when I tell them I love being put out. I have had a ton of surgeries ( nothing serious ) and whenever I find out I have to have one I always say Pros and Cons. People think I am nuts for that.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1638
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home