Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
What´s the thing with argentinians and the stones?
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: July 7, 2015 15:10

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 20:15 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Re: What´s the thing with argentinians and the stones?
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 7, 2015 15:15

This is how wars start ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: July 7, 2015 15:18

Agreed. You got to a rock show to listen to the music and to have fun. Not only to have fun like the argentinians.

I'm also Swedish but we're boring and uninterested. I had two Swedes sitting behind me talking about hot dogs throughout a beautiful version of ''Angie'' last year at tele2 angry smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-07 15:23 by RaiseTheKnife.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 7, 2015 15:25

RaiseTheKnife
I had two Swedes sitting behind me talking about hot dogs throughout a beautiful version of ''Angie'' last year at tele2 angry smiley

...great taste in food ànd music, I'd say!! smoking smiley

(Sorry to everyone who's offended & called "Angie"... I just couldn't resist.)

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: July 7, 2015 15:28

I like it the Argentinian way!

C

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: July 7, 2015 15:32

ITS called rock n roll and passion

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 7, 2015 15:43

living in Mexico but coming from England, I know what I prefer! Come to Mexico Stones, we know how to have a good noisy time!

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: July 7, 2015 15:49

They are enjoying themselves. It's rock and roll not church.

Date: July 7, 2015 16:21

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 20:16 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Date: July 7, 2015 16:23

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 20:17 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Posted by: alexisjagger ()
Date: July 7, 2015 16:36

Argentina has a lot of Stones fans. And many groups there have been inspired by the stones music.

I´m Mexican, not Argentinian. Here in my country the stones are not so popular. sad smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 7, 2015 16:41

Have you seen a recording from one of the early 60's Rolling Stones shows?

Bjornulf

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: July 7, 2015 16:45

JumpinJeppeFlash
IrisC
They are enjoying themselves. It's rock and roll not church.

That´s not the point. No one has to or should be quiet at a rock n roll show, but screaming and jumping up and down can be offensive to many people, especially when the people screaming know few or any lyrics at all. They just scream in spanish and making noise.

I can see your point, but blame the PA not the Argentinians - these things happen when the volume in the venue is too low!

C

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 7, 2015 16:48

JumpinJeppeFlash
Personally i think argentinian fans are totally overrated. I have never understood the thing with screaming and jumping up and down for 2h during a rockshow? I saw many of these fans by myself in Orlando where they were screaming and jumping from time to time during the show. This kind of behaviour is offensive to many people and i saw a couple of people having there seats right next to these argentinians who clearly were disturbed by this behaviour. And why are they throwing argentinian flags up on the stage in a country outside of southamerica? I find this very strange, what if i would throw swedish flags on the stage when attending a show in the US?

That's very interesting that you look upon it from that side of the fence.
From the point of view of the band, 'the Stones', they appear to absolutely love Argentinian fans and audiences, well all South American audiences.
I have heard Keith say that he has a special love and regard for the enthusiasm they show towards him.
I kind of understand what you mean though. The last time i saw the stones in 2007 i paid 600 pounds for 2 tickets and some drunk people stood up in front of everyone sitting down, swearing and shouting so loud we could hardly hear or see anything lol.
But if you cant beat them join them i say. get up off your bum and dance and jump and enjoy ..

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 7, 2015 16:51

JumpinJeppeFlash
Rik

Passion? About what, screaming and making noise? I for sure know about passion and rock n roll, i use to sing for 2h when attending a show, but i don´t jump up and down, screaming in my own language and throwing flags on stage. It has nothing to do with passion, it´s just annoying behaviour.

get yourself a blu ray player and enjoy from your couch.

....and, Keith's set doesn't have to be a bathroom break when you have a pause button.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-07 16:53 by treaclefingers.

Date: July 7, 2015 17:07

treaclefingers
JumpinJeppeFlash
Rik

Passion? About what, screaming and making noise? I for sure know about passion and rock n roll, i use to sing for 2h when attending a show, but i don´t jump up and down, screaming in my own language and throwing flags on stage. It has nothing to do with passion, it´s just annoying behaviour.

....and, Keith's set doesn't have to be a bathroom break when you have a pause button.

Bathroom break for Keith, REALLY. have you seen him play the Nearness Of You, You Got The Silver , BTMMR. No one going to the bathroom on the shows i went to.
They may of in 2007 though, and i would not blame them, plus his attempts to play Cant Be Seen last time round were hideous. Don't get me wrong, i love Keith, but thank god he dropped Cant Be Seen. just was not working for some reason..

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 7, 2015 17:10

keefriffhards
treaclefingers
JumpinJeppeFlash
Rik

Bathroom break for Keith, REALLY. have you seen him play the Nearness Of You, You Got The Silver , BTMMR. No one going to the bathroom on the shows i went to.
They may of in 2007 though, and i would not blame them, plus his attempts to play Cant Be Seen last time round were hideous. Don't get me wrong, i love Keith, but thank god he dropped Cant Be Seen. just was not working for some reason..

I'm here for you man...get it all out.

Date: July 7, 2015 17:11

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 20:17 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 7, 2015 17:13

treaclefingers
JumpinJeppeFlash
Rik

thumbs up

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 7, 2015 17:13

I would much rather see fans screaming and jumping up and down during a Stones show than texting on their phones. I don't mind people having a good time around me, though I do sympathize that sometimes it can be distracting. But that's the difference between going to a concert and listening to one in your own home. You can't control the environment, so best to just go with the flow and take in the entire experience. It's all in your attitude, so I say, get in there and hoot and holler with the Argentinians, Jumping Jeppe. I'm sure they'd welcome you. smiling smiley

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: July 7, 2015 17:17

JumpinJeppeFlash
Having a hard time understand why everyone seem to think these argentinians are so fantastic, what´s the thing with that???

Couldn't agree more.

Date: July 7, 2015 17:18

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 20:18 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: July 7, 2015 17:24

Maybe some fans are too old to rock'n'roll here?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-07 17:26 by 1962.

Date: July 7, 2015 17:26

treaclefingers
keefriffhards
treaclefingers
JumpinJeppeFlash
Rik

I'm here for you man...get it all out.

Oh ok will do old boy lol.

when i saw the Stones at the 02 arena on the Licks tour, out of the blue Keith did the nearness of you, and everybody sitting surged forward to the balcony's, it had the biggest applause of the night.
when i saw Keith with the winos at the town and country club ticket touts were selling 30 pound tickets for 400. some bathroom break that was. one incredible best ever bathroom break for 90 minutes.

ok dude i got it all out now, feel much better thanks hehe

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: July 7, 2015 17:30

Post removed

Peace,
Mr DJA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-07 18:40 by mr_dja.

Date: July 7, 2015 17:30

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 20:17 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Date: July 7, 2015 17:36

My bathroom break has always been Miss You. down side is even when i have been to the bathroom and got a pint the thing is still playing when i get back.. there is just no avoiding it !!! goes on forever and ever and ever

Date: July 7, 2015 17:36

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 20:16 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Re: Fans of All Nations Love the Rolling Stones
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 7, 2015 17:47

There was a group of large apparently Scandinavian fans at Hyde Park I who were attempting to hurl a flag at Keith -
they nearly succeeded once, but the Mick came along, grabbed the flag and hurled it right back at them.

Just for the record :E

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 7, 2015 17:57

At Indy I noticed that more than thousand fans left after Brown Sugar, with two songs still left to be performed. It was just a steady flow of people leaving. When Mick is coming down the runway people turn their back to Mick to do a selfie. Some talk to me while the Stones perform (I do ignore). Some scream the lyrics into my ear (I ignore). Some are drunk (I ignore). Some sit down. And so on and on and on.

It is a live show. Life is to short to worry about details. If some people near you bother you, just ignore and enjoy the show. A Rolling Stones show is no jazz concert in a sllent club where you are not allowed to talk. I have been to every show, I have had all sorts of people into my face, in front of me, next to me, if I should start to worry about people around me I would not be able to enjoy the shows. By the way, most of the people at every show are American, naturally, no need to marginalize on people from specific countries.

Just some facts... The fans from Argentina are 20-30 years younger than the fans from North America. They bring their football traditions from River Plate Stadium or any other local stadium in Argentina to Orlando and other places. They are never alone, they travel as friends. They enjoy every secoind of the show with a great smile on their faces and they are a true joy to see. Just like a baby that is making noisze, you might worry, or you might look at is a the joy of life.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2233
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home