Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: iPhone 5S help
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 3, 2015 16:56

Ok, this is where tech can totally frustrate me and my phone and myself are lucky when I didn't chuck it out the car window when driving 70 miles an hour screaming "FVCK YOU!!!!" at the phone.

I have downloaded Sticky Fingers live onto my MacBook pro iTunes. Will not transfer to my phone. Only 2 songs the rest are shown but not bold and I have deleted my music, and reloaded, then all songs accept 1! Then did it again and back to 2 songs out of 10 the rest listed but not bold so will not play.

Any body dealt with this? And fixes? And it is the latest OS on iPhone and iTunes.

Thanks!

Re: OT: iPhone 5S help
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 3, 2015 17:01

I have the opposite problem, whitem8. I have downloaded music on my iphone through itunes and listen to everything fine through my phone. But I can't get itunes to let me access all my music on my computer. I'm going to work on it some over the weekend.
Good luck.

Date: July 3, 2015 17:25

Thanks. SO Frustrating because if you don't live near a Genius bar there is little support. You can google, but then wade through hundreds of questions, old posts that don't work, and useless information.

ARRRRRG! I wanted to listen to Sticky Fingers LOUD on a long road trip.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 3, 2015 18:09

Sounds like with all that frustration you might be well served just to spend another $10 and download them to both devices from the iTunes store. Then possibly inform Apple they have double charged you for a duplicate download. Good Luck!

Posted by: UnpurePurist ()
Date: July 3, 2015 18:12

If you try and download it from the iTunes store on the phone itself, it should give you a little cloud symbol with a downward arrow- tap that and it should download to your phone, free of charge.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 3, 2015 18:13

Clicking "buy" again will most likely work

Apple is really good about not double charging. When I have had similar issues and taken a deep breath and pressed "buy" a second time, I usually get a message saying "you already own this, do you want to download it for free" or something to that effect. Sometimes they just need a nudge.

The important thing is that you are logged into your apple account on both devices.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 3, 2015 18:30

Open the iTunes store on the iPh*ne itself and then look for the button 'Purchases' (sign in with your Apple ID) - the past purchases should be displayed then and can be downloaded again onto the Apple device via the cloud symbol.

This should work on the iPh*ne/iPad when you have purchased the music on a Mac/PC and should also work on the Mac/PC when you have purchased the music on a iPh*ne/iPad.

Redownload a song: [support.apple.com] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-03 18:40 by Irix.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 3, 2015 18:54

Folks- if your damn cell phone is stolen. You can do nothing about it. Althought they will tell you " No worries" the fact of the matter the cell phone you dropped or lost will be r-used again by no more than common thief. Trust me- I know. They have beaten technology. The Phone companies are thieves themselves.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: July 3, 2015 19:01

whitem8
Ok, this is where tech can totally frustrate me and my phone and myself are lucky when I didn't chuck it out the car window when driving 70 miles an hour screaming "FVCK YOU!!!!" at the phone.

I have downloaded Sticky Fingers live onto my MacBook pro iTunes. Will not transfer to my phone. Only 2 songs the rest are shown but not bold and I have deleted my music, and reloaded, then all songs accept 1! Then did it again and back to 2 songs out of 10 the rest listed but not bold so will not play.

Any body dealt with this? And fixes? And it is the latest OS on iPhone and iTunes.

Thanks!

I once had the same problem.

After trying many solutions, I initialized the phone (back up first). Pain in the ass, but everything started working again.

If you don't want to do this, and the problem is limited to this release, as noted above you can download all your purchased directly on the phone via itunes-

C

Date: July 3, 2015 19:08

liddas - yopu phone was stolen period. Thieves confiscated and rerprogrammmed your phone. Someone in another part of the world is using your phone. Sad but true

Date: July 3, 2015 19:21

Chris Fountain
liddas - yopu phone was stolen period. Thieves confiscated and rerprogrammmed your phone. Someone in another part of the world is using your phone. Sad but true

????

C

Date: July 3, 2015 19:30

no arguments- what is ity thta you don't understand? My phone was stolen three weeks ago in cal. I like this state. it's on the same level as florida. The only differrence is cals are cowards just like illinois folks.

Date: July 3, 2015 19:33

liddas
Chris Fountain

????

C

Well, when and if that happens, besides having to get a new phone, I imagine the damage is pretty minimal as long as the bills are going somewhere else.

Date: July 3, 2015 19:43

Chris Fountain
no arguments- what is ity thta you don't understand? My phone was stolen three weeks ago in cal. I like this state. it's on the same level as florida. The only differrence is cals are cowards just like illinois folks.

well - no arguments - but I now understand that your phone was stolen, but mine is right next to me and was never stolen. In the past I lost one and another indeed was stolen, but I don't think I ever wrote about it here. So I really don't understand.

And in any case, even if it was stolen, where's the connection with whitem8 problem?

C

Date: July 3, 2015 20:13

Chris Fountain

Sorry your phone was stolen Chris. But there are good and bad people everywhere I don't think it's necessary or accurate to characterize them by state. Plenty of honest and courageous people in California and Illinois. Hope you meet some of them.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 3, 2015 20:24

Best thread so far today

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: July 3, 2015 20:29

whitem8

Thanks!

Maybe the Taylor versions work?grinning smiley

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Date: July 3, 2015 23:38

Found a fix. Go to the songs on iPhone when connected to your wireless network. ON the right of the title of the song there will be three small dots. Press that and a menu will come up and select the option download to phone. I went through each song title and did this. A small shaded triangle icon will appear in the upper right with a small phone icon.

Worked!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1848
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home