Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
stoned drunk or straight?
Posted by: mandu ()
Date: June 23, 2015 11:54

do smoke weed before or at a stones concert?

do you prefer to drink beer or wine or something stronger before or at a stones concert?

or do you prefer to not get high or drunk or do anything before or at a stones concert?

I use to smoke weed and do alot of E but I dont do anything now my last 2 stones concerts were done straight 2003 and 2014 and they were the 1st concerts that I did not get high.

and they ROCKED

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Re: stoned drunk or straight?
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 23, 2015 12:03

Tmi

Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: June 23, 2015 12:05

Drink, Fight and @#$%&

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 23, 2015 12:11

now this is a good thread. i like to get a bit stoned just before i get there about 3 hours before show time then a bit drunk but not too drunk because of needing the toilet during the show so back off for a while until im empty, then bang, a few double vodka and tonics just before keef belts out JJF hot smiley

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 23, 2015 12:34

A few hits just before is heavenly

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: June 23, 2015 12:38

I'm O.K. as long as I'm awake--
and have all of my normal prescriptions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-23 12:41 by tauk.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 23, 2015 12:40

A few bottles of wine does for me.drinking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 23, 2015 12:45

Glass of milk and tighten my belt .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: June 23, 2015 14:10

No officer

Posted by: Lipsgogreen ()
Date: June 23, 2015 15:08

Who the f are you asking? Sex and Drugs and The Rolling Stones 24/7 365

This is my kind of thread. I ONLY listen to the STONES.
I live with a head full of snow on the way to Sister Morphine and beyond. I
only think about it when I'm Coming Down Again. I wake and bake and go from there. It takes commitment to party this hard all the time.

I'm Shattered.

Thanks.

Tim

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 23, 2015 15:24

Spark one up as the house lights go down.
Additional spliff during Midnight Rambler, or as required.
Beer run during Doom N Gloom and Miss You.

Posted by: Lipsgogreen ()
Date: June 23, 2015 15:29

andrewt

You are on the right track. You got a system.

I always have a system and back up plan. The back up plan is important.

you in white and me in green. (listening to BL Brixton 95).

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 23, 2015 15:32

a celebratory irish whisky and Guinness after the show.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: June 23, 2015 15:40

back in tne mid nineties when I was not yet 20, amphetamine and weed were the main party-enhancers.

I took both for the Stones at Wembley, me and my girl, and I remember having a great time, both for the opening Crowes and the Stones. The speed (whcih I guess I hid in my shoes, or more likely in my girl's bra) pumping through my veins and the soft summer breeze blowing through the jasmine of my mind.

If/when the Stones roll into Mexico this year it'll be just a few beers for me as I'll probably be taking my two small sons (fav songs: Doom and Gloom and Start Me Up)

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 23, 2015 15:42

Here in Washington State where such intoxicants are completely legal, I like to start off with a pre-concert joint/bowl or two of some strong Indica.
I usually follow that up with about 50mg of some type of (m)edible... cookie or gummy bears etc.. Usually about an hour before the band takes the stage.

Finally, a vape pen filled with honey oil keeps the night buzzing right along and is so easy to grab a quick hit off of without leaving your seating or standing area.

Of course, I bring none of this with me when I hit a road show (which they all have been cool smiley)

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: June 23, 2015 16:10

Usually a few beers. First show in Milw. ('75) featured a friend of mine throwing up all over himself after drinking schnapps and beer - nicely cleared out our area, but I wouldn't recommend this strategy. About the only show where we were in our cups was Ames,Iowa and we both enjoyed that foolishness. It's generally more fun to watch the drunks, case in point, as we were heading toward the exit during the closing Brown Sugar in Chicago, we saw an obviously gassed gent trying to sing the yeah,yeah,yeah, whooo and taking out an entire row of empty chairs on the way down. As he was getting up we toasted him and knew he would ache the next day.

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: June 23, 2015 16:29

andrewt

Perfect!

Date: June 23, 2015 17:03

I quit smoking weed about a year ago because sadly I'm not like my friends who somehow stay productive while they do it. So I just drink occasionally before concerts in general and I have gotten intoxicated before columbus and pittsburgh and it was still really fun because I remember most of it. It would be a waste if you blacked out... That would be sad. My boyfriend hurt his wrist in columbus jumping over a rail and that's the worst thing alcohol did to us beside hangovers lol.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: June 23, 2015 17:23

Straight.
Back in the 90s when I did a bit of everything I saw a lot of shows that I don't remember as well as I wish I did; I cleaned up at the end of the 90s and have been pretty much straight for every show since;
That said, Oakland 02 I did a few tokes as my buddy had some first class weed that night...

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: June 23, 2015 17:32

I like a good strong orange juice. The strong stuff, leave the pulp in. Maybe a cold root beer if I'm feeling particularly wild spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-23 17:35 by stones2000.

Posted by: David Neal ()
Date: June 23, 2015 18:06

nice light booze buzz before the show....nothing during the show......nice light booze buzz after the show.....what a beautiful BUZZ.......

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: June 23, 2015 18:26

Completely straight. I don't drink at all and only smoke weed on my annual trip to Colorado. During the show I don't talk, I don't sing along, I don't flail my arms, I don't wave signs, etc., and just barely bounce up and down. I just focus my eyes intently on the band and focus my ears totally on the sound. You would not like going to a show with me, but I never miss a thing the Stones are doing or playing and I always remember little details that many others never noticed in the first place. For instance, NOBODY seems to have noticed that for Pittsburgh Keith changed the Happy lyric to "when I can F*CK all night long". That's a pretty big change that I don't think he ever did before. And the look on his face when he sang it was priceless.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-23 19:18 by josepi.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 23, 2015 19:00

Stones concerts are better sober.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-24 04:37 by MingSubu.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 23, 2015 19:10

I generally find that I smoke less weed than in a given similar time span where I am just at home, since seeing the Stones is more exciting that what I would be doing otherwise.

My first show -- 7/26/72 at the garden, was on LSD. That was a trip.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: June 23, 2015 20:54

LSD and a few beers

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: June 23, 2015 21:08

Back in the day it would of been 3 or 4 Es or a line or 3 of speed and a pop bottle filled with vodka and pepsi or Jack D and pepsi and a good few pints before and after and then a huge bucket bomb when i get home with a glass of wine or 2 and some beers.
These days when i listen to the stones at home its wine beer and bucket bombs only as i packed in all class As in 2009.

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: June 23, 2015 21:11

I like to have sex about an hour before the show.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 23, 2015 22:20

In the PIT with a bull terrior?

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 23, 2015 23:21

geordiestone
Back in the day it would of been 3 or 4 Es or a line or 3 of speed and a pop bottle filled with vodka and pepsi or Jack D and pepsi and a good few pints before and after and then a huge bucket bomb when i get home with a glass of wine or 2 and some beers.
These days when i listen to the stones at home its wine beer and bucket bombs only as i packed in all class As in 2009.

What's a bucket bomb?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 23, 2015 23:26

josepi
Completely straight. I don't drink at all and only smoke weed on my annual trip to Colorado. During the show I don't talk, I don't sing along, I don't flail my arms, I don't wave signs, etc., and just barely bounce up and down. I just focus my eyes intently on the band and focus my ears totally on the sound. You would not like going to a show with me, but I never miss a thing the Stones are doing or playing and I always remember little details that many others never noticed in the first place. For instance, NOBODY seems to have noticed that for Pittsburgh Keith changed the Happy lyric to "when I can F*CK all night long". That's a pretty big change that I don't think he ever did before. And the look on his face when he sang it was priceless.

I understand completly

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1724
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home