Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Which album should get the Dekuxe/Super Deluxe Treatment next?
Posted by: donvis ()
Date: June 12, 2015 06:51

I would love to see Black And Blue next with alternate takes and unreleased songs paired with the El Mocambo shows similar to Leeds on the Sticky Fingers Super Deluxe. I would also like to get Stripped with the studio recordings that were unreleased, paired with the Paradiso show. Any thoughts?

Re: Which album should get the Dekuxe/Super Deluxe Treatment next?
Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 12, 2015 06:56

I would like whatever will get Scarlet released to us so GHS I guess. I would love the Stripped songs and Paradiso too though.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: June 12, 2015 07:00

I have always wanted to hear the embryonic version of IORR, assuming it still exists.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 12, 2015 07:01

I think Dirty Work will be given a "deluxe" release by shrinking it down to an EP with three or four songs. Extras will include outtakes from Mick's Let's Work video shoot.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: June 12, 2015 07:14

The next one should be a combined Super Deluxe/Archive release and it should be the 45th Anniversary of the 1972 U.S. Tour.

A 12x12 box with the proposed cover art from the unreleased live album, multiple discs of the live album and other shows recorded during the tour, the proposed side of Stevie Wonder tracks, and a DVD with something more than the complete Dick Cavett show.

I am assuming the HUGE oversight of representing this tour so far is because they are planning something like this.

J

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 12, 2015 07:28

I think they are to the point of combining records for Deluxe Treatment.

Beggar's Banquet/Let it Bleed would make a nice pair, imo.

The Paradiso/Stripped combo is also an excellent idea.

Tattoo You and Emotional Rescue,
Goats Head Soup and IORR

etc.

peace

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 12, 2015 07:39

They should definitely do "Made in the Shade"

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: June 12, 2015 11:48

How about Jump Back?

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 12, 2015 11:49

I believe GHS is almost ready.

They just need to combine Brussels 73 with the existing 2009 remaster. Apparently, this will be the easiest way for cash in without extra efforts. And, probably, the easiest way to get another Top 10 re-entry.

Date: June 12, 2015 11:50

If memory serves, David Fricke mentioned SF and TY (as weirdly as it sounds) in an interview with Mick.

Well, we got SF...

Posted by: ash ()
Date: June 12, 2015 11:50

Beggars Banquet. Plenty of outtakes for that plus an opportunity to release a pristine colour Child Of The Moon video.3cds at least, one for the album, one for singles, alternate mixes and rejected tracks and one with a decent documentary about the circumstances the LP was recorded in. In many ways it's their most important album even if it's not their best.

I'd like all the Decca era albums to get deluxe/super deluxe treatment with at least a whole cd of studio alternates/acetates etc. as well as non-loudified,uncompressed, no NR, mono/stereo on one cd presentation.
English albums only. I'd also like them to be reasonably priced which is not an ABKCO strength.

I also demand a bass/drums/mellotron/John and Paul only mix of We Love You assuming the multitrack exists.

I'm enjoying Sticky Fingers superdeluxe but it's got a major shortage of alternate studio recordings. I'd rather that gigs came out complete as seperate cds.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 12, 2015 12:10

Out of our Heads offacourse...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 12, 2015 12:12

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 12, 2015 12:15

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 12, 2015 12:18

tumblingdice
I would like whatever will get Scarlet released to us so GHS I guess. I would love the Stripped songs and Paradiso too though.

This ^^^

Scarlet was mastered during the Exile "deluxe" sessions so that's ready to go. I wouldn't hold my breath for more "outtakes" since it's pretty clear Jagger doesn't want to release "unfinished" ones (no "Travellin' Man" or "Who Am I" SF for instance) and doesn't seem interested in rewriting songs/lyrics anymore (no vocals for Potted Shrimp for SF).

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 12, 2015 12:22

Come On

Out Of Our Heads? That's for ACBKO to decide...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 12, 2015 12:47

JMARKO
The next one should be a combined Super Deluxe/Archive release and it should be the 45th Anniversary of the 1972 U.S. Tour.

A 12x12 box with the proposed cover art from the unreleased live album, multiple discs of the live album and other shows recorded during the tour, the proposed side of Stevie Wonder tracks, and a DVD with something more than the complete Dick Cavett show.

J

... and a Bluray of CS Blues!
Years ago when R. Frank to get his film on DVD Jagger had his lawyers cancel the release. So Jagger wants to release it himself and a 72 box would be a nice case for this (ugly) jewel.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 12, 2015 12:51

GHS/IORR

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: June 12, 2015 13:02

donvis
I would love to see Black And Blue next with alternate takes and unreleased songs paired with the El Mocambo shows similar to Leeds on the Sticky Fingers Super Deluxe.

The Mocambo shows would probably better fit on "Love You Live" Deluxe treatment.

Date: June 12, 2015 13:31

Black And Blue with early takes on Slave, Worried About You and outtakes like Come On Sugar would be cool. Add the El Mocambo-shows, and we got a winner!

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: June 12, 2015 13:33

What a great idea!

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: June 12, 2015 14:15

I think 'Beggars Banquet' is next; it feels obvious to me. A classic album, and one from the 60s (thus far only 70s albums given the treatment; they'll definitely go back to the 60s).

I thought 'Let it Bleed' - with an MSG Pro-Shot, but, I feel 'Banquet' will be the one; quite a lot of great quality outtakes to make up a second disc. Also, they could re-release the Rock'n'Roll Circus with outtakes as the accompanying DVD.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: June 12, 2015 14:25

Although I'm not a great friend of the post 82 Stones I suggest Vodoo Lounge, too. There are a vast bunch of excellent outtakes on Voodoo Stew, Brew and Residue ...

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 12, 2015 14:47

"Love you live" for a complete El Mocambo and more songs from Paris and Toronto.

"Tattoo you" because it's one of the last (THE last?) realy great Stones albums and it already existed of outtakes from the seventies (and two new songs), so they can put all great outtakes from the seventies/beginning of the eighties on one or two bonus cd('s), it doesn't realy matter from which year or album they are.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-12 14:48 by GJV.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 12, 2015 15:05

donvis

I would also like to get Stripped with the studio recordings that were unreleased, paired with the Paradiso show.

I like the 'Stripped Deluxe' idea too: a 2-CD Album with the best recordings from the Toshiba-EMI Studio-sessions '95 and Paradiso/Olympia/Brixton '95 plus a DVD (or long-play SD-Blu-ray) as extended Stripped-TV-Special. That would nicely fit to the 20th anniversary of 'Stripped' ....

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: June 12, 2015 17:53

JMARKO

I am assuming the HUGE oversight of representing this tour so far is because they are planning something like this.

J

Maybe the DVD could be the CS blues documentary film. Would hardly concern the censors these days.

Posted by: Kevinrm15 ()
Date: June 12, 2015 18:48

I have a feeling Tattoo You will be next and be like the upcoming Led Zeppelin reissue for Coda. An extended version of the album with more outtakes and alternates over that past decade.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 12, 2015 19:13

Tattoo You

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 12, 2015 19:16

Tattoo you is the super deluxe version of sucking in the seventies. Would it be weird to have a super deluxe of a super deluxe?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 12, 2015 19:19

ash
Beggars Banquet. Plenty of outtakes for that.

Are there really enough to make a companion disk?

peace

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1920
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home