Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263Next
Current Page: 61 of 63
Re: SuperHeavy
Posted by: Denny ()
Date: November 19, 2013 17:18

"Beautiful People", linked above, is at least more interesting than "Goddess In The Doorway", or "Alfie", eh? At least there is some variety, unremarkable as it may be...

Date: November 19, 2013 23:53

Why?

I liked some of the stuff from Alfie.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 20, 2013 00:04

DandelionPowderman
Why?

I liked some of the stuff from Alfie.

old habits die hard, eh Dandy?

Date: November 20, 2013 00:05

No way around them...

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: November 23, 2013 10:39

treaclefingers

I was 100000th

I was away from the board for a while so I missed this thrilling moment. congratulations,treacle, you're like no one has earned this high honor

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 23, 2013 11:26

proudmary
I was away from the board for a while

Welcome back

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: November 23, 2013 20:25

proudmary
treaclefingers

I was 100000th

I was away from the board for a while so I missed this thrilling moment. congratulations,treacle, you're like no one has earned this high honor

Thank you Proud Mary and Welcome back!

I'd like to thank my wife and my family, without whose support this wouldn't be possible.

I'd also like to thank Joss Stone, Damian Marley, Mick Jagger, Dave Stewart, and A.R. Rahman without which this honour wouldn't be possible.

I'd also certainly like to thank Proud Mary for starting this thread out of frustration for all the other threads that were popping up around this subject and making it hard to follow. And all the supporters of Superheavy around the world...all 246 of you that purchased the album.

Finally...I must thank the Superheavy bashers. Yes, the bashers, for without them, we wouldn't have had all the back and forth acerbic discussion that allowed for the numbers to get to 99,999, allowing my to pounce on the 100,000 post.

Thank you all.

Date: November 23, 2013 21:37

Well said treaclefingers, and yeah, I still like the album. Actually, gonna play it right now

Edit: Playing it right now

-------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-23 21:40 by Rolling Hansie.

Date: November 23, 2013 21:58

Rolling Hansie
Well said treaclefingers,

Yes I know...thank you.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 27, 2013 00:01

Chalk another f**p up on Dave Stewart : [observer.com]

"Almost Famos: A Good Start-Up Gone Bad"

Mr. Sidon was strumming a guitar when he met Mr. Stewart in 2011 in Los Angeles at the School of Rock, where their sons were performing. A casual chat sparked the idea for a technology development company named Famos that would connect artists and fans in a more meaningful, mutually benefiting way. Mr. Stewart, no stranger to fame, fans and music, liked the idea so much that he brought in Mr. Jagger (Mr. Stewart and Mr. Jagger had been recording music together for months in a band called Super Heavy). “He brought in Mick, and we unofficially joined forces,” Mr. Sidon said (...)

(...)People took notice. Interested investors included television networks, musicians and celebrities, claimed Mr. Sidon. It was going to be huge in every way. The plan was to launch—no, to carpet bomb, as he puts it—the world. They ran a beta test with Ms. Spears and were happy with the results. It was ready to go live. The idea was to time it with the Rolling Stones 50th anniversary tour. They would make a huge splash. Famos signed a contract with the Rolling Stones, but the Stones pushed back tour dates. Time started to slip away. “It was difficult to sit around for 18 months,” Mr. Sidon lamented. “You can’t do that with a start-up. It killed us. But it’s not their fault, and it’s not our fault. The reality is big boys play with big boys, and Famos was not yet a big boy.”

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-27 00:02 by gotdablouse.

Date: November 27, 2013 01:48

gotdablouse
Chalk another f**p up

????????????????????????

-------------------

Date: May 8, 2014 00:04

Great album, still listen to it. I remember that this thread never was sticky btw. Interesting to see in retrospect how much shit was poured on Mick for his music
and at the same time how much personal insults I received for... what? I really don't know

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 8, 2014 07:11

It's only in the last year or two, with tours going on, that bv has got into the habit of making lots of sticky threads at the top of the board - certainly the Superheavy thread was never sticky, but nor was anything else much in those days, including the equally enormous thread about the reaction to "Life" (in which quite a lot of shit came Keith's way, too). I don't really see why non-tour threads need to be sticky - popular threads self-select themselves onto Page 1 anyway - unless it's to stop multiple threads on the same subject.

anyway, nice to see our old friend the Superheavy thread again - I'm not a big fan of Mick's solo work, but I did like that one.

Date: May 8, 2014 15:37

proudmary
Great album, still listen to it. I remember that this thread never was sticky btw. Interesting to see in retrospect how much shit was poured on Mick for his music
and at the same time how much personal insults I received for... what? I really don't know

Superheavy is bigger than the both of us, or something winking smiley

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: May 8, 2014 15:40

I still like hey captain

Date: October 17, 2015 22:06

DandelionPowderman
proudmary

Superheavy is bigger than the both of us, or something winking smiley

yep

Date: October 17, 2015 22:13

to a clown who calls himself Turner68

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 17, 2015 22:18

I saw Super Heavy in my local library and finally listened to it. It was okay, but then I got to the 'Warring People' track, and heard something outstanding. Mick's lyrics and passion, along with Joss Stone, Damian Marley and A.R. Rahman's production, really exploded on this cut. It made me with the Stones themselves were still capable of something this adventurous.

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: October 17, 2015 23:14

When will they release their second album?

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 18, 2015 00:02

24FPS
I saw Super Heavy in my local library and finally listened to it. It was okay, but then I got to the 'Warring People' track, and heard something outstanding. Mick's lyrics and passion, along with Joss Stone, Damian Marley and A.R. Rahman's production, really exploded on this cut. It made me with the Stones themselves were still capable of something this adventurous.

"Warring People" borrows a bit musically from "Kow Tow" on PRIMITIVE COOL. Specifically the "And now I look around in rage there's nothing left there's nothing saved / Some memories, a photograph - the future looms so damn the past."

For me, there's about 7 or 8 songs I would really enjoy if I didn't have to hear Damian Marley on them. I don't mind Joss Stone, although it often seems like she's acting as Mick's interpreter.

Date: October 18, 2015 02:01

Hey Hey, welcome back proudmary

-------------------

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 18, 2015 08:00

Rocky Dijon
24FPS

"Warring People" borrows a bit musically from "Kow Tow" on PRIMITIVE COOL. Specifically the "And now I look around in rage there's nothing left there's nothing saved / Some memories, a photograph - the future looms so damn the past."

For me, there's about 7 or 8 songs I would really enjoy if I didn't have to hear Damian Marley on them. I don't mind Joss Stone, although it often seems like she's acting as Mick's interpreter.

So I guess I didn't see you in the crowd last week at the Damian Marley concert at the Greek in L.A. I think his music is very interesting. He's not just reggae or rap. But to each his own.

Date: October 18, 2015 17:33

I still think this was a great album...too bad no promotion and poor sales mean this will likely remain a one album wonder.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: October 19, 2015 00:57

Was playing this tonight at a dinner party.
Just to see whether somebody would notice. They did.
"Hey what's that cool music you got playing?"

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: October 19, 2015 23:04

Thanks for bringing this topic alive again! I forgort about Superheavy and just listened to it for the first time in years. I remember all the controversy and I can see why so many Stones fans didn't like it but I think there are some good songs and some interesting songs and a few duds but not bad.

Date: October 25, 2015 15:21

coffeepotman
Thanks for bringing this topic alive again! I forgort about Superheavy and just listened to it for the first time in years. I remember all the controversy and I can see why so many Stones fans didn't like it but I think there are some good songs and some interesting songs and a few duds but not bad.

yeah, it's yet another album with too many songs. there is a large amount of excellent material but a few mediocre ones did sneak there way on.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: October 25, 2015 15:53

treaclefingers
yeah, it's yet another album with too many songs. there is a large amount of excellent material but a few mediocre ones did sneak there way on.

There are about 12-14 songs too many, imo.
But I have to admit that this is not my kind of music, so of course I couldn´t hear any "excellent matrial". I listened to it only once and never will listen to it again.
A huge disappointment.

Not much Mick on this album, at least I expected more. Anyway his voice sounds terrible, so it doesn´t matter. His worst singing in his entire career can be found on this one, I guess. Why the hell must he sound so awful whiny?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 25, 2015 16:21

mrfancyman
When will they release their second album?

>grinning smiley<

Hopefully...Never
jeroen

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: October 25, 2015 17:09

I think SuperHeavy was - and is - a very good record and I still listen to it. It doesn't succeed in every track, but I like the spirit on it. Much more exciting than Crosseyed Heart.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 25, 2015 17:30

GetYerAngie
I think SuperHeavy was - and is - a very good record and I still listen to it. It doesn't succeed in every track, but I like the spirit on it. Much more exciting than Crosseyed Heart.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
jeroen

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263Next
Current Page: 61 of 63

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2141
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home