Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Help. How to download Stones so I can drive.
Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: June 1, 2015 13:20

I chose the Stones shows for The Zip Code tour (ATL ORL NASH Raleigh) for geographical reasons. Normally I fly to Stones shows. This leg of the tour I am driving back and forth between Maryland, which is where my hometown and business is located and Florida, where I live most of the time. I am going to shows in between.

My problem is this. Most of the time I am near WI-FI, but the cars I am taking on these trips don't have WI-FI. What and how can I download something so I don't burn up a lot of gigs.

Please, keep it simple. I am truly computer illiterate. I only go on RS.com and IORR, then follow those links. I have never posted another word on the internet until I started posting on this forum a little while ago. I have never posted a photo or a link because I don't know how (I am not interested in doing so either).

So please just what app can I download to my phone and how do I install it, so I can listen to The Stones while driving to the shows.

I love the Stones.

I live the Stones.

Thanks,

Tim

Re: Help. How to download Stones so I can drive.
Date: June 1, 2015 13:47

Download Spotify and make a subscription. Download the albums you need for the trip on your phone when you have wi-fi access. Make it available offline

Everything is there, except for No Security and 40 Licks.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: June 1, 2015 13:55

onlystones
Normally I fly to Stones shows. This leg of the tour I am driving back and forth between Maryland, which is where my hometown and business is located and Florida, where I live most of the time. I am going to shows in between.
My problem is this. Most of the time I am near WI-FI, but the cars I am taking on these trips don't have WI-FI. What and how can I download something so I don't burn up a lot of gigs.
Thanks,
Tim

onlystones
I was lucky enough to make some money in the '90's in construction. I have a property management company, run by trusted others, in my home state of Maryland. I check on that regularly. Other than that I haven't worked since 1996-7. That is how I can just jump on my plane at any time and go wherever I want, especially for any Stones show.

Just ask one of your Private Assistants, your Butlers, your Pilots, or anybody else among your Employees. They'll be pleased to help you.

But the top advice would be: Don't even take that dent out on the road. Better take your plane, as usual. That's got WI-FI, hasn't it?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 1, 2015 13:57

Apparently he doesn't live that kind of rich person life, but rather gets up early in the morning to bake for his family. eye rolling smiley

Date: June 1, 2015 14:08

So I am not allowed to make car trips? I am not allowed to bake or cook? I don't poop either. I thought this bull-s--t was over.

I can do what I want with my time and my money. Get over it. Move on I am not changing my life or lifestyle for anyone. If you cant wrap your head around my life and the things I do, comment on something else. Let it go.

To DP thanks, I will try to do it.

Date: June 1, 2015 14:09

Plus he takes care of his elderly parents.

Plus bringing the kids to school.

Plus servicing his private airplane?

Plus repairing his dent of a car?

What a storyteller!

What actually happened to him round 1996/ 1997 when he stopped working? Or was it just for reasons of richness?

BTW, has there been any clarification from him on his Belly Up dream yet?

Date: June 1, 2015 14:11

Dandie has a huge heart.

Date: June 1, 2015 14:11

onlystones
So I am not allowed to make car trips? I am not allowed to bake or cook? I don't poop either. I thought this bull-s--t was over.

I can do what I want with my time and my money. Get over it. Move on I am not changing my life or lifestyle for anyone. If you cant wrap your head around my life and the things I do, comment on something else. Let it go.

To DP thanks, I will try to do it.

You're allowed to do anything you please. If your activity of choice is being wildly inconsistent, you will get called out for it.

Date: June 1, 2015 14:13

What clowns.

Date: June 1, 2015 14:29

DP I did Spotify on my computer. I don't think that helps me for my phone a Samsung Galaxy 4.

???

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: June 1, 2015 14:32

There's a mobile version - download it from Google Play and use the login details you registered

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 1, 2015 14:33

dead.flowers
Dandie has a huge heart.

I thought you were going somewhere else with that.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: June 1, 2015 14:41

Nikkei and dead.flowers, do you guys find it necessary to continue this bullying of onlystones on yet another thread? Sure, he wasn't truthful about Belly Up, but this is ridiculous and uncalled for. So please stop this harassment and let's talk about the Rolling Stones instead. That's the reason most of us are here for anyway and not to make other people feel insecure and uncomfortable. I bet you get the point, thank you!

Date: June 1, 2015 14:44

onlystones
DP I did Spotify on my computer. I don't think that helps me for my phone a Samsung Galaxy 4.

???

Just find the Spotify mobile app on Google Play and download it to your phone. It will then sync with your computer, and you can download whatever music you want to your Galaxy. I have Samsung Galaxy 3, and that works fine, so it's all good smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-01 14:45 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: June 1, 2015 14:46

For others. Wrap your head around this. From 91-96 I ran my and my fathers construction/development company. During that time we built over 3000 houses and two million square feet of office and commercial space. We kept all of the commercial space and 10% of the residential units. All of which we still have. In 1996, after living ungodly large I ended up with a divorce and a $600 a day heroin and cocaine habit.

We stopped all of the construction and just manage the properties now and have since 96-97.

Life is pretty good now. I don't allow stress. I cant say that I am clean (and don't intend to be), but I cleaned up a lot and don't do heroin or opiates any more.

Its not that complicated. Just my life.

All the while I have loved and lived for the Stones.

Date: June 1, 2015 14:47

I didn't harass him at any point. And judging from what he posted since the Belly Up, he is here to talk pretty much anything but Stones. Getting hooker smell out of his carpet for instance. Then it's on to taking care of his family. All of this on threads like "What are you listening to right now" and "Columbus Show Live Updates". Even the most gentle, benign posters said they had enough of it.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: June 1, 2015 14:50

onlystones
For others. Wrap your head around this. From 91-96 I ran my and my fathers construction/development company. During that time we built over 3000 houses and two million square feet of office and commercial space. We kept all of the commercial space and 10% of the residential units. All of which we still have. In 1996, after living ungodly large I ended up with a divorce and a $600 a day heroin and cocaine habit.

We stopped all of the construction and just manage the properties now and have since 96-97.

Life is pretty good now. I don't allow stress. I cant say that I am clean (and don't intend to be), but I cleaned up a lot and don't do heroin or opiates any more.

Its not that complicated. Just my life.

All the while I have loved and lived for the Stones.

Strong post

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: June 1, 2015 14:54

Leave the freaking guy alone......onlystones it's easier to just rip the stuff from your own cds and put on a flac player or ipod/mp3 player....then you don't gotta worry about burning gigs and stuff....just rip the stuff you want and go....and have a great time.....Columbus was a hoot enjoy your shows and keep on rolling

Date: June 1, 2015 15:13

Would he only stick to the subject matter: The Rolling Stones.

But unless it is wild stories, he communicates as exciting off topics as this:

onlystones
... I am ... putting together my mothers breakfast.
She has three chocolate chip cookies with a half of banana everyday.

However, being the situation like this, I am not amused seeing somebody continually lying his head off here with telling us all kind of wild fairy stories about his bribing himself into the Belly Up gig, his private aircraft and so forth, thus misleading the readers of this board.

I believe this forum is no kindergarten to fool around like that. At least for my part I am personally disturbed by such behaviour. And, I prefer to deal with resonable people.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-01 15:32 by dead.flowers.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 19:19

Well, I just download my Stones CDs to iTunes through my computer's disc drive, and then I can transfer them through iTunes to my Google Music account. Then they show up on the Music app on my phone. To drive, you could always just make a playlist and set your phone down while it plays. Or you could pair your phone to your car via Bluetooth, if your car had it. But I'm not sure if you use iTunes or Google or any of that. Anyway, this might help

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-01 19:20 by stones2000.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 1, 2015 20:38

onlystones since you seem to be a man of means and totally computer illiterate, I would think just buying the CD's you want and loading them into your cars CD player might be the easiest and most stress free way to pull this off. Stop off at a record store on the way and buy some boots you haven't heard even, I imagine there are a few of those between FL and MD.

Not only will you likely have higher fidelity music to enjoy but you won't have to deal with the transfer issues again when you change phones or other devices. Sometimes "old school" is the best option.

peace

Date: June 1, 2015 20:47

IN all seriousness. I am driving cars with no CD players in them. One even has an old 8-trak.

NO Bullsh-t, I really don't know how to do it. I asked yesterday to play nice. If certain people want to keep going lets do it. If not lets listen to some @#$%& Stones. They are on tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: June 1, 2015 20:49

And no you cannot see pictures of them.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 1, 2015 21:00

Do what I did - buy a ghetto blaster, put it a the seat

Date: June 1, 2015 21:05

I've got one around here somewhere I guess I gotta get a lot of D-Cells. Thanks for all your help.

The Ghetto blaster it is. I'll break out some cassettes. It will be fun.

Problem solved.

I don't need no stinking technology.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 1, 2015 21:08

onlystones
IN all seriousness. I am driving cars with no CD players in them. One even has an old 8-trak.

NO Bullsh-t, I really don't know how to do it. I asked yesterday to play nice. If certain people want to keep going lets do it. If not lets listen to some @#$%& Stones. They are on tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness I am trying to play nice here. A couple more suggestions...

Or hire a pro and have the car stereo upgraded.

peace

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: June 1, 2015 21:12

onlystones

Funny and ironic that you say no b.s. when that's all you've been posting. As for asking people to play nice, that's only after you got called out and exposed for the lies you posted. I'm sure the majority of people on here would and do play nice but a skunk is a skunk. A better gesture would have been to apologize for your ridiculous claims. Anyway, as I stated earlier in another
thread, there are people here who probably enjoy your nonsense but don't complain when you get held accountable.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-01 21:15 by RSbestbandever.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 1, 2015 21:24

onlystones:

If you have a gmail address you probably have a google account which will allow you to access google's music service without much trouble. Probably you can set up an account without a gmail address as well.

If I remember correctly (I set up my google music account a couple of years ago), when you set up your account, it has you download their "Music Manager" program/app. You can set that program to upload any or all of the music files on your computer to your google music cloud storage space by telling it what folders to look at.

Once you've uploaded your songs to the web (cloud), my advice would be to set up a special playlist with all the songs you're going to want to hear. In google music there are three vertical dots to the right of song and album titles, clicking these dots opens a menu where one of the options is "Add to playlist" and you can add songs one at a time or by the album. (Note: I find most of this easier to do at the pc site than on my phone.)

Once you've added the Google "Play Music" app to your phone, you should be able to access the playlist that you put all your Stones tracks in. After opening the playlist, at the top of the list of all the songs you should see an icon that looks like a down arrow with a line under it (on my phone it's between the title of the playlist and the three vertical dots I mentioned earlier) Pressing that icon, will download all of those files to your phone for you.

Note: to be sure you're not using data as you're driving around, from the main menu (mine shows my email address and options like "Listen Now", My Library, Playlists, etc.) You should see a link that says "Downloaded Only". Touch that link to make it active and you'll only hear (and see in the menus) the music that you've downloaded.

Happy travels! Here's hoping that I get some early birthday checks and can see some of you all in either Nashville or Atlanta (not likely). Thankfully my wife just started her new job today but I'm unsure if there will be funds available to get me to the show in either Nash or Atl.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: johnh ()
Date: June 1, 2015 21:52

If you have 8 track there are loads of them forsale on the USA Ebay.. if not you then somebody close to you will have an ebay logon... get next day delivery... and thee you go smiling smiley Ebay Stones 8track

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 1, 2015 22:00

onlystones
I've got one around here somewhere I guess I gotta get a lot of D-Cells. Thanks for all your help.

The Ghetto blaster it is. I'll break out some cassettes. It will be fun.

Problem solved.

I don't need no stinking technology.

If you go to an electronics shop you might be able to get a power cable to plug into your car's cigarette lighter socket..........save on batteries

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1353
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home