Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

A question to cross the border from toronto to buffalo !
Posted by: anne ()
Date: June 1, 2015 12:24

Hallo, I will go with my husband to the Buffalo show.
My husband has a Canadian passport, I have a German passport. We fly in to Toronto a week before the show and stay the week in Toronto !
When we cross the border from Toronto to Buffalo, does anybody know, which papers we need on the landway, by Greyhound bus or something to cross the Border Canada United States. Maybe its different to cross the border on landway, than arriving by plane in the United States.
Iknow its a question for the American embassy, but its everything so difficult made phonecalls and also e-mail them , that I want to ask , if somebody of you know how it is ! Thank you in advance !

Re: A question to cross the border from toronto to buffalo !
Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 12:27

Just sneak across, it's cool. Just don't let Mick catch you

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: June 1, 2015 14:00

It can be complicated. Treat each passenger separately. Your husband should have no problem. Back and forth between Canada with a Canadien passport is relatively easy. You could be simple too. If you live in Canada, and your German passport is up to date (visa's too), and you live Canada, with your husband for at least six months a year), he can sign a declaration stating so. Then a back and forth trip will be allowed from any port of entry regardless of manner of travel. There can be time limit constraints from either Canada or The US on these commuter visas, but a couple of days should be no problem.

However, if anything is wrong, this thread could go on for pages talking about problems of international travel and passport and visa restrictions and their solution.

The Stones have had these problems repeatedly throughout their careers, mainly do to drug problems and convictions.

Sorry, that is as simple as I can put it.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 1, 2015 14:36

I think you're good with just a German passport, don't think there is a visa necessary but you can probably google check that pretty quickly.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 14:50

Crossed easily from US to Canada and then from Canada to the US about 5 weeks later with an Italian passport, but it was 1998.

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: June 1, 2015 15:04

9/11. Every thing is different now.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 1, 2015 15:10

onlystones
9/11. Every thing is different now.

yeah, not really all that different:
[germany.usembassy.gov]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1489
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home