Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Rare Stones Documentary ..... watch it now!!
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: June 4, 2011 20:36

Many thanks...great stuff. I'm sure the full film will emerge in time.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 8, 2011 14:59

Thanks for the video!! Never seen it like this, fxckin great version. Was Keith cool or was he cool.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 8, 2011 16:24

Thanks for the video.

Posted by: adrian1958 ()
Date: June 8, 2011 18:19

Stones on the Road captures the band perfectly. If you dig the band then this is a must see. Its only 30 mins but it makes you feel what life on the road in 76 must have been like and it was an end of a era for them. Stones tours would never be the same again. The live & backstage footage is incredible. I was at Leicester and Thames TV filmed both nights. There must be some great footage stashed away in the vaults.The Leicester gigs were the best I have seen the Stones and I saw them back in 73 at the Birmingham Odeon ( 2nd show )

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: June 8, 2011 19:04

"Was Keith cool or was he cool."

"was" ?????????

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: June 8, 2011 22:30

Doxa
Million thanks, absolutely awesome stuff.

To me the whole 1976 has some kind of end of an era feeling. The end of "Jumping Flash"-era - an era of developing and seeing how far one can go with the dark blues rock format (or you could say: sex and drugs and rock and roll) The Stones perfected from 1968 to 1976.. In 1976 they were so deep in drugs and the rock and roll life style and so full of arrogance and hedonism and super stardom but also at the time sounding like totally losing the musical spark and point of the whole thing. I especially feel that the 'boss' is really feeling 'old' and irrelevant and wondering how he will continue from there on without totally taking the nostalgic trip, and making a kind of caricature, even fun of his own very image (like he seemed to do in 1975/76 tours.).

Two years later they were a different band with a new sound and tone altogether. A beginning of a new era (that would last the following four-five years, and to me personally mark the last truely great era of theirs).

- Doxa

Excellent post.
This is why the 76 tour is the least interesting of the 70s Stones. They were getting older, becoming complacent. The Stones were the first band to last that long, and they seemed to be feeling that sense of 'now what?'
They were going through the motions.....and it showed.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1959
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home