Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Question for kleermaker..
Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: April 24, 2015 19:16

I haven't posted here in years. This is the first time I've even logged in in probably 4 or 5 years so I apologise if this is poor manners.

I have a question for kleermaker concerning one of his youtube videos. The one titled "best songs from the '73 tour setlist with footage". What is the source for that version of YCAGWYW? Is it soundboard or audience. Sounds to me like an excellent audience recording. I've got some pretty good audience recordings from that tour but that particular version is better than anything I remember having. I haven't kept up with bootlegs much in the last few years. Is that one a new source or a recently surfaced recording?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-24 19:22 by Tumblin_Dice_07.

Re: Question for kleermaker..
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 24, 2015 22:52

That source is an audience boot, though this song sounds indeed incredibly good.

It's from: Belladonna On A Toussaint Night, Morph (Sister Morphine) 31 (London Empire Pool, Sept. 8 first show (remastered by Cool Cool Hand)).

Re: Some Girls Sound Qaulity..
Posted by: jaggered1 ()
Date: April 25, 2015 01:34

The latest ressue of Some Girls is almost unlistenedable. Mixed so high. The bonus disc is great. Is it me or do others agree??

Date: April 27, 2015 02:11

Thanks for the response. I have a good audience recording from that show but it doesn't sound as good as it does in your video.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 27, 2015 04:05

Kleer is an outstanding Stones historian. Please post a link to this one.

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: April 27, 2015 04:33

My question is. Is there a better quality version of Tumbling Dice that I have from Down In The Graveyard? And where was this version in 73 where Jagger stops the song a few times to call down the police from harassing the kids in the audience? Sgt Sgt Sgt you just come up here Hey you Hey You!! We don't need you baby.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 27, 2015 11:36

kleermaker
(remastered by Cool Cool Hand)).

...accept no substitutes!

Question for kleermaker..
Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: April 27, 2015 12:11

jaggered1
The latest ressue of Some Girls is almost unlistenedable. Mixed so high. The bonus disc is great. Is it me or do others agree??

I'm afraid Kleermaker is not going to answer this one.grinning smiley

Date: April 27, 2015 12:18

LuxuryStones
jaggered1

I'm afraid Kleermaker is not going to answer this one.grinning smiley

LOL! How on earth did that question wind up in here? >grinning smiley<

But as an excellent "Stones Historian" I'm sure kleerie can elaborate on this one as well...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-27 12:19 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: April 27, 2015 13:13

A generous official box-set from the Europe '73-tour is something one could hope for. According to all the good audience-boots, there must be plenty of goodies in the archives. The Copenhagen-concerts fx.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: April 27, 2015 13:29

GetYerAngie
A generous official box-set from the Europe '73-tour is something one could hope for. According to all the good audience-boots, there must be plenty of goodies in the archives. The Copenhagen-concerts fx.

Good idea but unfortunately not a question.

Date: April 27, 2015 16:45

Tumblin_Dice_07
Thanks for the response. I have a good audience recording from that show but it doesn't sound as good as it does in your video.

I'm uploading it to YT right now. Will takes a couple of hours.

But don't believe those posters who say I'm an excellent Stones historian! That's only irony but I like it. I only know some things from the Taylor period and even less from the Brian period. Let alone the Ronnie period, if that period does exist. Plenty of others who know it all.

Date: April 27, 2015 17:03

kleermaker
Tumblin_Dice_07

I'm uploading it to YT right now. Will takes a couple of hours.

But don't believe those posters who say I'm an excellent Stones historian! That's only irony but I like it. I only know some things from the Taylor period and even less from the Brian period. Let alone the Ronnie period, if that period does exist. Plenty of others who know it all.

I'm sure you're very knowledgeable about the Stones, as are many others on this board. I may have had a copy of "Belladonna.." at one time or another. I used to download ALOT of bootlegs but don't really keep up with what's available anymore. I love those really good nights on the '73 tour though.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: April 27, 2015 17:57

751st
My question is. Is there a better quality version of Tumbling Dice that I have from Down In The Graveyard? And where was this version in 73 where Jagger stops the song a few times to call down the police from harassing the kids in the audience? Sgt Sgt Sgt you just come up here Hey you Hey You!! We don't need you baby.

The "No security" version is from London Sept. 9th 73. A good laugh!
It was on the Comeback to England boot and on the extended Down in the Graveyard CD boot.
N.Kent said after the show the security guys threw bottles on the Stones.Lol

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 27, 2015 18:27

Very good knowledgeable about Stones music, tuning, arrangements, production......etc. only spoils it all...

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: April 27, 2015 22:45

That is my favorite live version of YCAGWYW notable for the absence of a sax solo. It is all Taylor taking you on a gentle musical journey to the obvious approval of Jagger. I am grateful to SD for this fine recording. For some reason the sound on that song is particularly rich and clear. This recording is a treasure.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 27, 2015 22:49

NICOS
Very good knowledgeable about Stones music, tuning, arrangements, production......etc. only spoils it all...

kinda like if you see how sausage is made..?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 27, 2015 22:54

duke richardson
NICOS

lol. From experience I can say that learning Stones tunes note for note somewhat takes the magic away too. One of reasons it was so nice with Mick Taylor playing, it was a lot more work to do so.

peace

Date: April 27, 2015 23:09

pmk251
That is my favorite live version of YCAGWYW notable for the absence of a sax solo. It is all Taylor taking you on a gentle musical journey to the obvious approval of Jagger. I am grateful to SD for this fine recording. For some reason the sound on that song is particularly rich and clear. This recording is a treasure.

Yes indeed! And here it is:

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 27, 2015 23:09

do you mean you had to learn to play Taylor ish..?

I reckon that might take some time..

but playing like Keith is easy isn't it..?
winking smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 27, 2015 23:19

duke richardson
NICOS

Yea that's what I meant grinning smiley

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: April 28, 2015 00:07

One of my favourite Stones boots too, and (in my opinion) the greatest rendition of YCAGWYW ever - some sublime weaving on display, and Taylor at his very best.

Historian or not, Kleerie is a fantastic archivist and curator. His YouTube channel is an invaluable resource for anyone who likes the Taylor-era Stones, or just anyone that's into the history of the band generally - I still come across new things there I've not heard before. He's a good dude and one of IORR's best posters.

Date: April 28, 2015 02:02

Stoneburst
One of my favourite Stones boots too, and (in my opinion) the greatest rendition of YCAGWYW ever - some sublime weaving on display, and Taylor at his very best.

Historian or not, Kleerie is a fantastic archivist and curator. His YouTube channel is an invaluable resource for anyone who likes the Taylor-era Stones, or just anyone that's into the history of the band generally - I still come across new things there I've not heard before. He's a good dude and one of IORR's best posters.

Much too much honour Stoneburst! But I agree on the YCAGWYW-version and on the value of 'my' YT-channel, which I could create thanks to so many others! So the honour goes to them in the very first place!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 28, 2015 02:06

kleermaker
Stoneburst

Much too much honour Stoneburst! But I agree on the YCAGWYW-version and on the value of 'my' YT-channel, which I could create thanks to so many others! So the honour goes to them in the very first place!

don't be so modest...there is some kleer appreciation for you here!

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 28, 2015 02:21

smileys with beer Kleermaker !

Date: April 28, 2015 17:36

First video upload didn't function properly, but this one must do the trick:

Enjoy one of the best bootlegs from the 1973, too much in the shadow of the famous Brussels boot. Excellent performance and excellent sound quality.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2045
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home