Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
How The Rolling Stones Can Go Out In A Blaze Of Glory!
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: May 27, 2011 04:14

#1. Hit the studio running with Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor and focus in on creating one last great album with 12 brand new "killer" songs.

#2. Dump the stadium shows (theaters and arenas only) except for one last free concert in Buenos Aires that will be broadcast live in theaters around the world.

#3. Feature at least six of the brand new songs at each show of a 50-60 concert tour spread out over about six to eight months beginning in the summer of 2012.

#4. Focus on rarities and new songs with less emphasis on warhorses. Each show of the tour should include Out Of Control, Saint Of Me, The Last Time, Street Fighting Man, Midnight Rambler, You Can't Always Get What You Want, and Plundered My Soul.

Example Setlist.

#1. The Last Time
#2. It's All Over Now
#3. New Song
#4. Saint Of Me
#5. Out Of Control
#6. New Song
#7. That's How Strong My Love Is
#8. Gimme Shelter
#9. New Song
#10. Like A Thief In The Night
#11. Happy
#12. New Song
#13. Midnight Rambler
#14. Street Fighting Man
#15. New Song
#16. Plundered My Soul
#17. Rip This Joint
#18. New Song
#19. You Can't Always Get What You Want
#20. Satisfaction
#21. Jumpin Jack Flash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-27 18:25 by stonescrow.

Re: How The Rolling Stones Can Go Out In A Blaze Of Glory!
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 27, 2011 04:33

Set fire to the stage...........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 27, 2011 04:42

Imagine Keith doing the Gene Simmons thing....

Date: May 27, 2011 04:53

Rockman

Amazing Keith hasn't done it yet!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 27, 2011 04:58

stonescrow
Rockman

No shit!

How many fires does he talk about in Life ?

Date: May 27, 2011 05:05

Edith Grove
stonescrow
Rockman

No shit!

How many fires does he talk about in Life ?

I don't know but I was (not Don) surprised the book didn't burst into flames as I was reading it!

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: May 27, 2011 05:12

Brilliant set list [requisite IORR gripe follows] except for Lady Jane; I hate that song. I like the "new song" slots, but it would be a miracle at this point if they could pull off an album strong enough to have 6 new songs in the setlist. Apparently people were pissed anyway when they played half of Some Girls in '78 (I'd kill for that), so might as well.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: May 27, 2011 06:12

They can all clone themselves and then we can start all over with Rolling Stones II in 2031!

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: May 27, 2011 06:28

One last tour, a free show in Buenos Aires, and launch them into space.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: May 27, 2011 08:11

I suspect that they already tried to at 02 four years ago!

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: May 27, 2011 10:08

stonescrow
#1. Hit the studio running with Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor...

#2. Dump the stadium shows (theaters and arenas only)...

#3. Feature at least six of the brand new songs at each show....

#4. Focus on rarities and new songs with less emphasis on warhorses...

Sounds great - for hard core fans. I suspect that a new album wouldn't do especially well, if they just did small venues prices would be shocking and most punters want the hits.

I'd welcome Bill and Mick T back but as much as there is a feeling here that his return would boost sales of tickets I'm bot convinced it would. I believe if you wandered around a Stones gig saying 'of course it was better with Mick Taylor' half the people wouldn't know who you were talking about.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 27, 2011 11:38

Definitely not the Lynyrd Skynryd way please (thoughts of Flight 505)!

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 27, 2011 13:17

Don't like your set list stonescrow...I'm not a warhorses man, but I'd always include Gimme Shelter and SFTD on any classic set list.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 27, 2011 15:04

Sipuncula
Brilliant set list [requisite IORR gripe follows] except for Lady Jane; I hate that song. I like the "new song" slots, but it would be a miracle at this point if they could pull off an album strong enough to have 6 new songs in the setlist. Apparently people were pissed anyway when they played half of Some Girls in '78 (I'd kill for that), so might as well.

they raised the roof in NYC at the Palladium with their set list in 78....

Posted by: ssprings ()
Date: May 27, 2011 15:11

The final encore is Mick, Keith and Charlie doing "As Tears Go By"; Fade to dark and that's the end.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: May 27, 2011 16:03

The Rolling Stones have one of the deepest catalogues in rock history. A future tour, if there is one, should have every song slot reserved for one of those gems. I don't need to see the "Rain Fall Down" of 2012.

Date: May 27, 2011 18:46

Sipuncula

Thanks, mate. I replaced Lady Jane with Gimme Shelter. I still think they have a few great songs left in them. They just need to focus on putting drama back into their music. Songs like Out Of Control, Saint Of Me, Midnight Rambler, Gimme Shelter, Street Fighting Man, You Can't Always Get What You Want, Sympathy For The Devil, etc. are examples of dramatic songs they should be thinking about when they hit the studio next year.

Date: May 27, 2011 19:07

crumbling_mice
Don't like your set list stonescrow...I'm not a warhorses man, but I'd always include Gimme Shelter and SFTD on any classic set list.

I can live with hearing Gimme Shelter one more time but if I hear Brown Sugar, Honkey Tonk, or SFTD one more time in concert I am going to throw up! Enough is Enough! Time to move on and create some new classics!

Date: May 27, 2011 19:27

Shawn20
The Rolling Stones have one of the deepest catalogues in rock history. A future tour, if there is one, should have every song slot reserved for one of those gems. I don't need to see the "Rain Fall Down" of 2012.

Repeating themselves in my opinion would not be going out in a blaze of glory. The time has come for them to dig down deep and come up with one last classic album that is packed with one killer song after another.

Date: May 27, 2011 19:38

ab
I suspect that they already tried to at 02 four years ago!

If that was it then how did they do?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 27, 2011 19:40

How about covering "Blaze of Glory" by jon bon jovi, and releasing that as a 50th anniversary single, complete with 12 remixes of the song, the highlight being a version that is a 'Deep Dish' remix.

What the hell is a Deep Dish remix anyway?

Date: May 27, 2011 19:44

Braincapers
stonescrow
#1. Hit the studio running with Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor...

#2. Dump the stadium shows (theaters and arenas only)...

#3. Feature at least six of the brand new songs at each show....

#4. Focus on rarities and new songs with less emphasis on warhorses...

Sounds great - for hard core fans. I suspect that a new album wouldn't do especially well, if they just did small venues prices would be shocking and most punters want the hits.

I'd welcome Bill and Mick T back but as much as there is a feeling here that his return would boost sales of tickets I'm bot convinced it would. I believe if you wandered around a Stones gig saying 'of course it was better with Mick Taylor' half the people wouldn't know who you were talking about.

True, having Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman back wouldn't do much (if anything) to boost ticket sales but it sure might help in the music department and it would certainly be well received by us hardcores. I just think it would be so cool to see them all together again for one last time.

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: May 27, 2011 20:03

crumbling_mice

Both classics, clearly, but when is the last time they were played and sung well?

Date: May 27, 2011 20:58

texas fan
crumbling_mice

Both classics, clearly, but when is the last time they were played and sung well?

I don't think the problem is how they are played but more how often they are played, tour, after tour, after tour........

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: May 27, 2011 21:10

The Stones hate this "this is our last tour - third to last show - second to last show - last show - last song of our last show - last encore of our last show" - feeling.

That's why they left the future open after 02. But from what I've heard there are guys in the band who are glad that it (= touring) is over and want to leave it that way.

Date: May 27, 2011 21:18

alimente
The Stones hate this "this is our last tour - third to last show - second to last show - last show - last song of our last show - last encore of our last show" - feeling.

That's why they left the future open after 02. But from what I've heard there are guys in the band who are glad that it (= touring) is over and want to leave it that way.

Where (and from whom) did you hear that there are guys in the band that are glad it's over and want to leave it that way? Care to share where you obtained this information?

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: May 27, 2011 21:20

stonescrow
Shawn20

Repeating themselves in my opinion would not be going out in a blaze of glory. The time has come for them to dig down deep and come up with one last classic album that is packed with one killer song after another.

The Stones have so much material they would not have to repeat anything. Playing new material, just because it is new doesn't make any sense this late in their career. However, if the new material warrants being played - go for it.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 27, 2011 21:27

I'd kill for just the band, a pianist and a sax player.

At this point, I'd take anything(Vegas-style). I just want to see them one more time.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: May 27, 2011 21:37

Why not except # 2. Only Stadiums. To begin with The Last Time is a question of choice, obviously not mine. I would end with : PIT,SFYD SMU, JJF and Satisfaction, the 5 songs that made them were they are.

Date: May 27, 2011 21:41

Shawn20
stonescrow
Shawn20

The Stones have so much material they would not have to repeat anything. Playing new material, just because it is new doesn't make any sense this late in their career. However, if the new material warrants being played - go for it.

I think a mixture of new songs, rarities, and a few warhorses is the way to go. I say this with the belief that they are gonna blow us over with the next album, don't know why I feel that way, just do.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1718
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home