Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Latest Song Retrospectives From Start Me Up
Date: April 9, 2015 02:26

Hey guys, thought I'd share my latest Stones song write ups from my blog, Start Me Up.

- I Wanna Be Your Man: The Stones' Beatles Moment

The Beatles vs the Stones. I’m not quite old enough to remember when this was the only musical question in town but force me to pick between them and I have to go with the Stones. There’s no denying though that the Fab Four set the bar early on and one of the great joys of digging through the back catalog of both bands is seeing how they spurred each other on through the Sixties to ever greater heights.....

- Time Is On My Side: Classic Stones Cover

One of the many things I love about the Stones is the sheer number of totally distinct phases you get to savor across their career. I guess that’s one of the side-effects of sticking it out well into your seventies. Adds a certain range to the back catalog!......

- Gimme Shelter: Killer Stones Opening Track

What does it take to make a really classic album? That’s a question I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about. There’s a million factors involved of course and sometimes it’s hard to pick apart the magic without losing it entirely. Art is art after all......

- We Love You: The Stones Bite Back

We had a listen to the Stones’ Beatles moment recently, a classic from back in 1963. Well today, I want to flip the tables and look at when the Beatles returned the favour. We Love You was recorded in London in 1967 at the height of the Summer of Love with Lennon and McCartney taking a break from changing music for ever with Sgt. Peppers to provide some backing vocals and well-timed handclaps.....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1987
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home