Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones Bootlegs: Where To Start?
Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 24, 2011 16:10

I only have one Stones bootleg*. Where to start? I like all 3 eras of the Stones. I'd rather dive into Jones and Taylor-era, to start off with.

Anyone know of places to find Stones boots in Pittsburgh, Pa?

*The only bootleg, of the Stones, I have is a double cd of a 60's Hawaii whow. The announcer states that this is the last gig on this tour.

Re: Rolling Stones Bootlegs: Where To Start?
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 24, 2011 16:16

Everything is here:
[www.iorr.org]

Try the search button and you will find about everything you could wish for.

Posted by: neylon79 ()
Date: May 24, 2011 19:19

For taylor era- start with Brussels- 10/17/73. Get the definitive disc here, IORR user UrbanSteel has many posted from this era (and every era)-
UrbanSteel POsts
Those are all in flac, which is full CD lossless quality. Check it out on wikipedia for the details, but it basically stores a cd in half the space with no loss in quality like an MP3. If you don't care about those types of details, scroll down on his page and you'll see a link for his posts in MP3 format also.
As for other shows- fort worth 1972 and Philly 1972 are good. Scroll down on the urban steel page and you'll see those in his soundboard posts. As far as I'm concerned anything in 1973 is brilliant if you like that era. 2-24-73, 2-27-73, 9-8-73, 9-9-73, 10-13 and 14-73, 9-1-73. The only issue is the quality of some audience recordings- they are hit or miss.

From there, search posts by marko and keessie, they have tons of great stuff on here also.

And finally, if you do want to check out some highlights from the ron wood era, the most popular places to start are Handsome Girls, the 4 disc set from the 78 tour, and 12-18-81 Hampton. They are both available on urbansteel's page, both soundboard and excellent.

Enjoy, you will not be dissapointed when you put on brussels, I guarantee it.
Matt

Posted by: Jalby ()
Date: May 24, 2011 19:24

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 24, 2011 20:45

My first boot was the album version of Bright Lights, Big City. Stewed & Keefed, man.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 24, 2011 20:49

For studio bootlegs, I highly recommend Voodoo Stew and Voodoo Brew.

Posted by: hwkn ()
Date: May 24, 2011 20:56

And don't forget Voodoo Residue.

Date: May 24, 2011 21:04

Koen

Are you crazy?

That´s one of the strangest stones sessions ever, Keef sounding drunk, i can´t stand listening to those three sets, they are awful.

Date: May 24, 2011 21:06

MingSubu
I only have one Stones bootleg*. Where to start? I like all 3 eras of the Stones. I'd rather dive into Jones and Taylor-era, to start off with.

Anyone know of places to find Stones boots in Pittsburgh, Pa?

*The only bootleg, of the Stones, I have is a double cd of a 60's Hawaii whow. The announcer states that this is the last gig on this tour.

My posts are here:

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 24, 2011 21:08

hwkn
And don't forget Voodoo Residue.

Voodoo Residue? Are you kidding? If somebody wants to buy the silver, email me. Only listened to this nonsense once.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 24, 2011 21:16

Imho the Voodoo Residue is the best of the the three (because it's only 2 discs long?).
I always had the impression that Voodoo Brew and Stew were bloated affairs, over-expanded by Vigotone to charge a premium.

Date: May 24, 2011 21:30

JumpinJeppeFlash
Koen

Are you crazy?

That´s one of the strangest stones sessions ever, Keef sounding drunk, i can´t stand listening to those three sets, they are awful.

So you don't like it, and I am crazy? I can deal with that thumbs up

To me they are a great glimpse into the recording process of the Stones. And to hear Keith just with an acoustic guitar playing his favorite songs is worth while the whole box to me.

Date: May 24, 2011 21:41

Koen
JumpinJeppeFlash
Koen

Are you crazy?

So you don't like it, and I am crazy? I can deal with that thumbs up

To me they are a great glimpse into the recording process of the Stones. And to hear Keith just with an acoustic guitar playing his favorite songs is worth while the whole box to me.

Then you haven´t heard much of stones studio sessions, these are among the worst recordings, there are so many nice sessions from the 60s/70s, but this is crap.

Posted by: neylon79 ()
Date: May 24, 2011 21:42

If you're into studio stuff, I made compilations of all outtakes I could find, grouped by the album they were recorded with- Here they are

Matt

Date: May 25, 2011 04:52

JumpinJeppeFlash
koen

Then you haven´t heard much of stones studio sessions, these are among the worst recordings, there are so many nice sessions from the 60s/70s, but this is crap.

*You* find it crap, that's something completely different. So, tell me, what sessions do you recommend for me to hear?

Posted by: ab ()
Date: May 25, 2011 07:14

JumpinJeppeFlash
Koen

Are you crazy?

Voodoo Doodoo indeed!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 25, 2011 08:30

Where to start?

I have give it up a long time ago since it mostly 2003 >>>>> stuff to buy on the market....nothing left from the good old days...

2 1 2 0

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1933
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home