Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
if you could have a drink with any Stone son/daughter...
Posted by: varilla ()
Date: May 19, 2011 17:43

If you could choose any son or daughter of the Stones to have a few drinks and listen to their stories, who would you choose?
I bet Marlon would be a quick and obvious choice but can you imagine those Wood siblings, the stories they could tell since Woodie apparently always had his kids around?

Re: if you could have a drink with any Stone son/daughter...
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 19, 2011 17:45

matt clifford's aunt

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: May 19, 2011 17:46

varilla
If you could choose any son or daughter of the Stones to have a few drinks and listen to their stories, who would you choose?
I bet Marlon would be a quick and obvious choice but can you imagine those Wood siblings, the stories they could tell since Woodie apparently always had his kids around?

I'd like to get Elizabeth drunk. Or Georgia. winking smiley

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: May 19, 2011 17:47

Brian's daughter, Barbara.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 19, 2011 17:53

Just to talk? Karis, since she graduated from Yale.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-19 22:51 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 19, 2011 18:19

Patti, Keef's wife would do it for me.
jeroen
oh...............and ofcourse Anna.. (Ronnies girl).
Maybe a 3-some??
That is, me, Patti and Anna.
byeee
jeroen

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 19, 2011 18:27

I'd like a drink and chat with Angela, I think she would have a really interesting take on the whole band as well as Keith and Anita.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 19, 2011 19:15

I already did - Julian Jones about 15 years ago. We had a spliff and a beer. It was quite surreal as he looked so much like brian, whom I idolised when I was younger.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: May 19, 2011 19:38

had some drinks with Ronnie's son...at the Peabody hotel in Memphis...Barnard ,blonde all very cool , shot some pool too very fun...

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: May 19, 2011 19:42

crumbling_mice
I'd like a drink and chat with Angela, I think she would have a really interesting take on the whole band as well as Keith and Anita.

The last thing I'd want to talk to any of them about is The Rolling Stones (particularly Elizabeth & / or Georgia)...& I suspect that's the last thing they'd want to talk about to. I've met & chatted to quite a few relatives of celebrities (I've even stayed at Jerry Lee Lewis' sister's home a couple of times), & we rarely felt inclined to talk about their more famous family members.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: May 19, 2011 19:45

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-09 20:29 by vudicus.

Posted by: SpanishStone ()
Date: May 19, 2011 19:53

Just have drink?? Not interested on it winking smiley

[www.stonescovers.com]
@Stones_Covers
[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 19, 2011 19:56

Have a drink? Who gives a rat. Lamp thread.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 19, 2011 21:38

just a drink after.. and a smoke, is fine by me............
Anna all the way
byee
jeroen

Date: May 19, 2011 21:59

Could you tell us more about Julian? Interesting...

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: May 20, 2011 03:45

Hands down, Thoedora. Based on a short encounter, she is a good and polite conversationlist.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 20, 2011 04:05

Mick Taylor's budgies.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: May 20, 2011 06:56

Jade, cause I think she'd be into it.

Posted by: cjamango ()
Date: May 20, 2011 20:01

georgia or theodora

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: May 20, 2011 20:03

Who pays the drink?

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: May 20, 2011 20:15

Sly jr, Novi or Fun...all children of Sly Stone. smoking smiley

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 21, 2011 02:00

I'd love to chat with James Jagger. I think he's a cutey and would have some insights into what it's like to be the son of THE #1 Stone.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: May 21, 2011 03:16

Not a son or daughter but Shirley Watts would have some choice opinions.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: May 21, 2011 04:07

mickschix
I'd love to chat with James Jagger. I think he's a cutey and would have some insights into what it's like to be the son of THE #1 Stone.

number 1 stone? he's not keith' son!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-21 04:08 by guitarbastard.

Posted by: JumpingJackGrass ()
Date: June 22, 2011 16:26

I'm a longtime lurker, so not sure if this will be believed or not. Fashion Week 2008 in NYC, I was staggering home around 3:30am, and decided to stop into Rose Bar, at the time a very trendy bar in Gramercy, just a block from my place. The bouncer was off duty by this time, and I strolled in no problem. I sat down by this unsuspecting couple, and started chatting them up. I asked them where they were from, and they were like, "Well, we're from Westin, CT". That rang a vague bell. Their attractive friend shortly sat down and I started chatting her up. Literature nerd that I am, I asked her what she was reading. She said, "Oh, I'm reading a biography of Gram Parsons". I said: "Cool, he spent a lot of time with the Stones." She responded:"My Dad's in The Rolling Stones." I was stunned. Drunk, knowing this amazing intelligence could cut either way, I simply said "Cool", and tried to go with it, keeping my jaw from the floor. We talked for about 30 minutes. I asked what she did, she said "A little DJ'ing, a little modeling." I was running out of smokes (they were letting people smoke after hours) and said I would run back to my place to get some more, and she protested, "No problem, I've got reds" (indicating the pack of Marlboro Reds on the table). We talked until five am, two glasses of $19 wine for me, and she paid for the whole table. The bar closed, and we spilled out onto Lexington Avenue. We were all on a beautiful buzz, and I invited them back to my place for drinks. They said they were headed home, and I said goodbye, but quickly asked if I could give her a call some time. She smiled and said "The memories, the memories!" I stumbled off home. Alexandra Richards, a class act. The memories indeed.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: June 22, 2011 16:36

JumpingJackGrass
I'm a longtime lurker, so not sure if this will be believed or not. Fashion Week 2008 in NYC, I was staggering home around 3:30am, and decided to stop into Rose Bar, at the time a very trendy bar in Gramercy, just a block from my place. The bouncer was off duty by this time, and I strolled in no problem. I sat down by this unsuspecting couple, and started chatting them up. I asked them where they were from, and they were like, "Well, we're from Westin, CT". That rang a vague bell. Their attractive friend shortly sat down and I started chatting her up. Literature nerd that I am, I asked her what she was reading. She said, "Oh, I'm reading a biography of Gram Parsons". I said: "Cool, he spent a lot of time with the Stones." She responded:"My Dad's in The Rolling Stones." I was stunned. Drunk, knowing this amazing intelligence could cut either way, I simply said "Cool", and tried to go with it, keeping my jaw from the floor. We talked for about 30 minutes. I asked what she did, she said "A little DJ'ing, a little modeling." I was running out of smokes (they were letting people smoke after hours) and said I would run back to my place to get some more, and she protested, "No problem, I've got reds" (indicating the pack of Marlboro Reds on the table). We talked until five am, two glasses of $19 wine for me, and she paid for the whole table. The bar closed, and we spilled out onto Lexington Avenue. We were all on a beautiful buzz, and I invited them back to my place for drinks. They said they were headed home, and I said goodbye, but quickly asked if I could give her a call some time. She smiled and said "The memories, the memories!" I stumbled off home. Alexandra Richards, a class act. The memories indeed.
JumpingJackGrass..yea'.. Good one mate..smoking smiley

Date: June 22, 2011 16:42

I hope you're not doubting me...but I understand if you are. It's a true story and I thought it might be of interest...not sure why I would post something like this otherwise. Internet cred?

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: June 22, 2011 16:49

JumpingJackGrass
I hope you're not doubting me...but I understand if you are. It's a true story and I thought it might be of interest...not sure why I would post something like this otherwise. Internet cred?
JumpingJackGrass..No..No.. im not doubting ya' at all mate..when I say "Good one" its as good as saying..thumbs up..cheers mate

Date: June 22, 2011 16:52

Cool, I thought the emoticon meant I was "smoking something".

Date: June 22, 2011 17:22

Yeah, great story!
Did you get some inside, rare ,Keith story that night?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1920
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home