Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Paul Simon invites fan to play...
Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: May 17, 2011 01:01

Imagine you got to do this with the Stones...different song of course...

video: [youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-17 01:03 by inopeng.

Re: OT: Paul Simon invites fan to play...
Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: May 17, 2011 01:59

What a great, fun moment! Good for her, kudos to Simon. BTW: I think his latest album is a mature and inspired work.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: May 17, 2011 02:23

pmk251
What a great, fun moment! Good for her, kudos to Simon. BTW: I think his latest album is a mature and inspired work.

I just picked this CD up this weekend and it's really good. He's got this song called "The Afterlife" pretty cool - song about what happens after you die - you got to wait in line and such -funny.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 17, 2011 02:32

Last time I saw S&G they noticed these two women in the front row talking on their cell phones and they asked them to hand them over. One of them gave her phone to Artie, but the other woman declined to hand her phone over to Paul. Artie sang the entire next song into the cell phone, to whoever was on the other end of the line. Afterwards, Paul said to the other woman "Don't you wish YOU had given me YOUR cell phone?" At this point, she actually tried to give it to him, but he refused to take it. He said, "Don't worry, we'll do it again later. We'll do it tomorrow in Cleveland". The crowd gasped a little. There was a real bitchiness in the way he said it.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-17 02:57 by tatters.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 17, 2011 04:36

Imagine you got to do this with the Stones...

....No No No....

Mr Chops on the B-stage talking and handing out autographed
photos of himself ....... Ooow NO baby...baby...baby that'd be just tooooo much.....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 17, 2011 08:41

Speaking of Paul Simon...was lucky enough to meet the legend tonight. He's one of my heroes so I'm still reeling over it!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 17, 2011 08:48

I'm behind P here...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: May 17, 2011 09:16

Not sure what that clip was all about. I mostly hear the dude in the audience screaming like he's having his backhair waxed off.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 17, 2011 14:07

This reminds me of a story a friend telling me about paul simon, apparently he was doing a smaller show in london and just before the interval he invited every body to go and order a drink at the bar and he would pay for all the drinks, in which he did.

fair play to him.

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: May 17, 2011 15:31

This reminds me of a story a friend telling me about paul simon, apparently he was doing a smaller show in london and just before the interval he invited every body to go and order a drink at the bar and he would pay for all the drinks, in which he did.

My parents were at that show! I think it was in 1981 at the Hammersmith Odeon. Venue was definatly the old odeon but I could have the year wrong. I know it was a year or two before I was born.

Does a boot of that show exist?

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 17, 2011 15:41

mr_c_ox

My parents were at that show! I think it was in 1981 at the Hammersmith Odeon. Venue was definatly the old odeon but I could have the year wrong. I know it was a year or two before I was born.

Does a boot of that show exist?

I do recall the hammersmith odeon mentioned.

Just recalling that he was in the music industry a few weeks before the concert, and still had some back stage passes left, So he and his mates go through to the back, where the security invites him through to the back and takes them for quite a long walk and then opens a door and as the security says goodnight, they find themselves back on the street.

Sorry dont know about boots of the show.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 17, 2011 17:19

trainarollin
Not sure what that clip was all about. I mostly hear the dude in the audience screaming like he's having his backhair waxed off.
Yeah I know. Screams like a banshee. Very nice gesture by Paul. But honestly I'd rather hear Paul play it....And Justin,very cool for you to get to meet Paul and get a pic.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 17, 2011 19:09

Justin
Speaking of Paul Simon...was lucky enough to meet the legend tonight. He's one of my heroes so I'm still reeling over it!

Wow! I didn't know they had cardboard cutouts of Paul Simon!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 17, 2011 21:59

haha. THanks Bluzdude and Sweetcharmedlife....it was here in Chicago...catching a couple Paul Simon shows and met him after the show out in back of the venue.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1904
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home