Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Supertramp..anyone seen them in Europe
Posted by: tipps ()
Date: May 3, 2011 07:59

Has anyone seen Supertramp last year in Europe? If so how was the show?
I"m going soon to see them.

Re: OT: Supertramp..anyone seen them in Europe
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 3, 2011 09:16

I saw them in Stockholm in the middle of the seventies...are they still touring?

2 1 2 0

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 3, 2011 14:20

One of the two principle members is touring as "Supertramp". Better than nothing, I suppose.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: May 3, 2011 17:08

They played 2 sold out gigs in Lisboa and Porto in September 2010.

FANTASTIC!

Don´t miss.

All the original line up excepted Roger Hodgson.

Don´t worry, go!!!!!

Date: May 3, 2011 17:11

marquess
They played 2 sold out gigs in Lisboa and Porto in September 2010.

FANTASTIC!

Don´t miss.

All the original line up excepted Roger Hodgson.

Don´t worry, go!!!!![/quot

I dont worry I will go.

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: May 3, 2011 17:25

it's definitely worth going to, even without Hodgson. One of the two "fake Rogers" they have replacing him is quite good, the other with the very high falsetto is kind of lame from a stage presence point of view. The instrumentals with full band were very well done, along with the lighting and overall presentation.

Date: May 3, 2011 17:59

UGot2Rollme
it's definitely worth going to, even without Hodgson. One of the two "fake Rogers" they have replacing him is quite good, the other with the very high falsetto is kind of lame from a stage presence point of view. The instrumentals with full band were very well done, along with the lighting and overall presentation.[/quotI'

I'm getting my tickets today! So how was the tshirts sold at the shows in Europe were they nice?

OT: Supertramp taking the long way home
Date: May 3, 2011 18:01

Supertramp have announced 12 Canadian dates all in a row. Anyone in Canada going? Have they toured the US this year yet, I heard maybe Jan/Feb?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 3, 2011 20:55

Supertramp without Roger Hodgson is like The Beatles without Paul McCartney. And I see they perform legendary Hodgson-songs like The Logical Song. It would be like John Lennon in The Beatles doing Hey Jude or Let It Be without Paul.

I have been lucky to see Supertramp live in the original lineup with Rick Davies and Roger Hodgson, and I have seen Roger Hodgson live on his own, always great, but I feel mixed emotions about Supertramp without him.

But, if they came to Norway, who knows, may be I will be there...

Bjornulf

Date: May 3, 2011 21:05

bv
Supertramp without Roger Hodgson is like The Beatles without Paul McCartney. And I see they perform legendary Hodgson-songs like The Logical Song. It would be like John Lennon in The Beatles doing Hey Jude or Let It Be without Paul.

I have been lucky to see Supertramp live in the original lineup with Rick Davies and Roger Hodgson, and I have seen Roger Hodgson live on his own, always great, but I feel mixed emotions about Supertramp without him.

But, if they came to Norway, who knows, may be I will be there...

Yes, BV I know what you mean but they're show here is almost sold out I think. I only want to go as I am a big fan of theirs and also the fact I missed them in 83. Better late than never.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1697
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home