Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: STEVEN TYLER (Aerosmith) - NBC Dateline interview with Matt Lauer (Sunday, May 1st)
Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: May 2, 2011 02:48

It's on Channel 4 - NBC East Coast Right Now. Really very good. Will put the clips up tomorrow. (a lot of Mick Jagger content in part one)

UPDATE - Here's the clips from Yesterday

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-03 06:09 by CrissCrossMind.

Re: OT: STEVEN TYLER (Aerosmith) doing major NBC Dateline interview with Matt Lauer NOW (West Coast in 3 hours)
Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: May 2, 2011 04:04

Who cares?
Why is every one of your posts so frantic sounding with CAPS?

And don't give me the old "well just don't read the post if you're not interested" BS.
How about not posting that crap?

And i believe the next time you tell us you live in the US but travel to France it will be the thousandth time you've told us.

Relax dude.

Re: OT: STEVEN TYLER (Aerosmith) doing major NBC Dateline interview with Matt Lauer NOW (West Coast in 3 hours)
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 2, 2011 04:16

He has a weird obsession about bringing "breaking news" to the board, coming here with "stop the presses" headlines...hoping it would spark some big huge thread.

And don't even think about ignoring his threads because he'll bump the thread up, pleading to the board to please post replies. After all, he did use the caps lock button...

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 2, 2011 04:39

I don't see how Steven Tyler could possible have anything major to say. Unless he finally admits to being a first class wack job.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: May 2, 2011 04:43

And even if he did have something major to say, which he doesn't, i don't need to RUN TO MY TV SET NOW TO HEAR IT.
It'll be available to see on youtube or wherever from the moment he says it until kingdom come.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: May 2, 2011 04:43

Welll...not for anyting...but I watched the interview...it was good. Couldn't help wondering throughout that if only our boys could have as much energy, enthusiasm and forward-looking plans as Tyler does. He's 63 himself and came across as great guy...surprisingly self-deprecating and refreshing. Not dreary at all. "We're fighting now but this band (Aerosmith) is going to make the best album we ever made", he said.

There was one Stones related comment...his stage-style was patterned after Janis Joplin, not Jagger. You can think what you like about Aerosmith but at least they're still 'alive'. They're only 3-4 years younger then the Stones but they had several hit albums and songs in the 90's and into the 2000's...and are still quite cool...no moss on these guys. They, apparently, are looking forward to a future as well.This 'American Idol thing?...shrewd and smart re-invebntion of his persona...and nobody really disses him for it. Puts him and his band out front again. Another funny line...'Hey, I get to sit and be in heat beside J-Lo, why not?" It would be great if Mick could let down his guard like Tyler did in this interview and actually say something honest...

Cheers

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 2, 2011 04:44

He said Aerosmith's next album would be the best one they've ever made. I've always liked his irrational exuberance. It's one of his better qualities.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-02 05:02 by tatters.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 2, 2011 04:49

they were great until they became journey, just terrible power ballads lately

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 2, 2011 05:02

He admitted he was difficult and egotistical, a victim of the Lead Singer Disease...:-)

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: May 2, 2011 05:10

decent interview, jumped the shark.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: May 2, 2011 05:16

tatters
He said Aerosmith's next album would be the best one they've ever made. I've always liked his irrational exuberance. It's one of his better qualities.

Irrational or not...at least there is exuberance...

Yeah...that line about the band having an LSD problem was hilarious....'What? An LSD problem?'...'Yeah, Lead Singer Disease...I know everything!"

Think I'll buy that book...

Cheers

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 2, 2011 05:30

I'm sure no one will buy into the 'our best album yet' bullshit. When someone says such a thing it

1. never comes true

2. has no relevance to anything because it really means their (whoever they are) best album has already happened

3. is just a way of getting attention

4. just means everyone wants to "best" Let It Bleed/Sticky Fingers/Exile On Main Street and so on, various other great albums by various bands but never will or can.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 2, 2011 16:36

palerider22
Welll...not for anyting...but I watched the interview...it was good. Couldn't help wondering throughout that if only our boys could have as much energy, enthusiasm and forward-looking plans as Tyler does. He's 63 himself and came across as great guy...surprisingly self-deprecating and refreshing. Not dreary at all. "We're fighting now but this band (Aerosmith) is going to make the best album we ever made", he said.

There was one Stones related comment...his stage-style was patterned after Janis Joplin, not Jagger. You can think what you like about Aerosmith but at least they're still 'alive'. They're only 3-4 years younger then the Stones but they had several hit albums and songs in the 90's and into the 2000's...and are still quite cool...no moss on these guys. They, apparently, are looking forward to a future as well.This 'American Idol thing?...shrewd and smart re-invebntion of his persona...and nobody really disses him for it. Puts him and his band out front again. Another funny line...'Hey, I get to sit and be in heat beside J-Lo, why not?" It would be great if Mick could let down his guard like Tyler did in this interview and actually say something honest...

Cheers

very good interview for Tyler and he did put a nice spin on his being a nice guy...but he isn't Jagger....and that's the truth

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 2, 2011 18:13

I've always loved Tyler and I'm not afraid to say it! He has always been very liberal in his praise of Jagger and the Stones, aLways admitting that he's a big Stones fan.( as a matter of fact, I saw Tyler at the Stones concert at MSG on Jan 15, 1998!) It was refreshing to see that he can laugh at himself and that he is so aware of his flaws!! He is a man on a mission, he wants to put out more great music, with or without Aerosmith, although he didn't really phrase it that way. He does have a solo tune coming out this week, good for him! If Joe FU**ING Perry wants to avoid him and not welcome him back to the band, he'll go on alone, or with a new band! Go Steven!

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: May 2, 2011 22:26

Steven Tyler Tells Tales of Sex, Drugs and Mick Jagger in Memoir -- Exclusive Excerpt
You don't need to go to the f---ing Temple of Doom to find my banter on the Stones or the Yardbirds -- what I thought about back then in my sixteen-year-old make-believe mind. It would have been the desire to write a song or be in an English band when the first Brit Invasion came over and -- more than anything -- fame! Immortality! I wanted to inject myself into the grooves of the record. I wanted dreamy nubile girls to listen to my voice and cry. A thousand years after my death I fantasized that there'd be people in the outer galaxies listening to 'Dream On' and saying in hushed tones, "It's him, the strange Immortal One!"

And then, briefly, I was touched by the caressing hand of fate when, sometime in 1964, I became Mick Jagger's brother, Chris. Mick Jagger was the baddest guy on the block, and of course I empathetically picked up on all his s---. Mick and Keith and all that -- it hit me like a locomotive. 'It's All Over Now' was like a f---ing blues freight train coming straight at me.

In the summer of '64, I went to a lake in upstate New York, Bash Bish Falls or something like that, up near Utica, with a bunch of kids from Yonkers. Long hair, sixteen, no band, but somebody said, "Wow, you look like Mick Jagger!" And that was it ... off and running! "You know what, I'm Chris, Mick Jagger's brovver. I am him!" And I went with it like mad. Shot off from there to this Limey planet and immediately lapsed into a Cockney accent. I was talking like "Bloody bleedin' 'poncey @#$%&, spot of Marmite, darlin'? Care for a leaper, mate? Ghastly weather we're 'avin, innit?" It's called, you know, lost days of youth. When you're a kid you can jump into other people's personalities like a transmute. I can still relate to that.

In those days of the British Invasion you had to be a Brit to make it. First of all, you had to have a bloody English accent. That was number one. And that I could do. I still have those Strangers clippings at home: "Steven Tyler, his lower lip hanging like Jagger's, brought the front row to its feet." They wrote that in the paper. Bought my Mick impersonation lock, stock, and barrel. I couldn't believe it. But of course, I -- more than anyone else on the planet -- believed it. I was him. I was barely sixteen but in my mind already one of "England's Greatest Hit Makers." Even if the Strangers sounded more like a bad imitation of Freddie and the Dreamers than the Stones. Yonkers Greatest Hit Makers maybe.

In the early seventies I was embarrassed to say I was into Mick, because the press was already harping on the Mick Jagger and Steven Tyler thing and I wanted to get as far away as possible from those comparisons. I was hoping they would find something in my music that would have some merit other than making Aerosmith into some sort of tribute band with me as a mock Mick Jagger.

But yes, he was my f---ing hero. There was actually a six-or-seven-year period where I was afraid to tell the press that. I was, like, "No he isn't!" And then, of course, I came out of the closet and went, "F---in' A, he is!" To this day, to this minute, to this second, Mick Jagger is still my hero. I remember being at a club at One Central Square in the West Village in early '66, turning around and seeing Mick Jagger and Brian Jones sitting behind me. Not a word came out of my mouth.

I didn't become Steven Tyler all at once. I made him up, bit by bit. He kind of grew out of playing all the clubs in New York and doing acid and hanging out in Greenwich Village and tripping and going to be-ins in Central Park. All that stuff is where I come from. But more than anything I was shaped by the kind of music that I listened to in '64, '65, '66. The Yardbirds, the Stones, the Animals, the Pretty Things and their wild drummer Viv Prince -- he was Keith Moon before Keith Moon became the maniacal drummer of the Who. Moon used to go down to the Marquee Club to watch him and pick up a few mad moves. And of course the Beatles, whom I saw at Shea Stadium. They were the musical G-spot ...

[www.spinner.com]

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 3, 2011 00:28

I can't wait to get his book, and this exerpt whets my appetite even more!! I read his first bio, so I hope this one does not repeat much of that book, WALK THIS WAY. Has anyone else read the first bio and if so, what did you think?

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: May 3, 2011 05:04

Tyler is one hell of a nice guy. Very smart and quite witty. Love to hear him shoot the breeze. Still has the MOJO.

Date: May 3, 2011 06:34

nellcote'71
Who cares?
Why is every one of your posts so frantic sounding with CAPS?

And don't give me the old "well just don't read the post if you're not interested" BS.
How about not posting that crap?

Dude, that happens to be my style - I AM FRANTIC !! (it's a FRANTIC f*cking world) But you know what, even though you were so very rude about the way you put it I'll try to cut back on the caps. You're right , sometimes it does look rather silly and frantic...

nellcote'71
And i believe the next time you tell us you live in the US but travel to France it will be the thousandth time you've told us. Relax dude.

No - WRONG BEEP, My Dear Mr. Cote d'Azur '71, I live in the US but have a small apt. in PARIS where I spend some time. See, once you get it 100% correct I'll shut up about it. What's the big deal anyway? I'm a European/American, what do you expect? Ain't no big thang - it's the right situation for me, other's have 3 kids and giant houses and SUV's - not me, I have no Kids or SUV's, House is Average size - differeent strokes for different folks. Yes, I do need to relax. No hard feelings Nellcote and Justin.....

Re: OT: STEVEN TYLER (Aerosmith) - NBC Dateline interview with Matt Lauer (Sunday, May 1st)
Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: May 3, 2011 09:03

The Stones and Aerosmith should tour together next year.

Re: OT: STEVEN TYLER (Aerosmith) - NBC Dateline interview with Matt Lauer (Sunday, May 1st)
Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: May 3, 2011 10:04

stones and aerosmith. i could see it in a stadium setting. be very cool.aerosmith would be proud to open i would think.

Posted by: MagicYear73 ()
Date: May 3, 2011 10:12

That will be very painful for the Stones. Richards/Wood is no match for Perry/Whitford and watching (and hearing) Tyler is a lot more pleasant than the same with Jagger. I am a hardcore Stonesfan for two decades now, and I'll always be, but I know livewise the Stones are over. Except for Charlie, they cannot play anymore. Other groups, like Aerosmith or Status Quo or even ZZ-Top, can still rock. At least they control their instruments, whereas Mick's voice is nothing like it used to be or the ancient art of weaving...well it's not 1978 anymore.
I've been listening to a lot of recent bootlegs (Licks and Bangtours) lately and the playing, although a shadow of the danger-rocknroll is still there, is really below par. I threw most of the cd's away when I heard them once, because sometimes it was too painful to hear. Don't get me wrong, I really want the Stones to be no.1 but they just don't deliver anymore, something that most of the other "oldies" still do. Too Bad.
But most of the people don't really listen to the music anyway, so for them there's no problem.

Date: May 3, 2011 23:02

I don't know, I don't think the Stones are over, they're just different now - Kinda like 1989 was the beginning of another type of "different"....

Man, where's Justin and Nellcote'71, I put alot of work into my message to them...

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: May 4, 2011 01:04

Justin
He has a weird obsession about bringing "breaking news" to the board, coming here with "stop the presses" headlines...hoping it would spark some big huge thread.

And don't even think about ignoring his threads because he'll bump the thread up, pleading to the board to please post replies. After all, he did use the caps lock button...

Hey Justin...this is my favorite post of the week.

and in another post CCM had the nerve to call someone else "rude"? NELLCOTE'71's post was tame
compared to most of CCM's.

IORR............but I like it!

Date: May 4, 2011 01:23

I like Steven Tyler....Matt Lauer's interviews with rock stars make me cringe.
Hey Matt, it's not about you...put your autograph book away.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-04 01:25 by sweet neo con.

Date: May 4, 2011 01:31

Here we go again... Dude your obsessive, never-ending complaining about me is older than that worn out Simpson's cartoon take off you still put up since FOREVER.... It's a thin line between love and hate and I just don't feel the hate so it must be love..... That's cool, you can be one of my disciples... My teachings will set ya free...

Date: May 4, 2011 01:47

CrissCrossMind
Here we go again... Dude your obsessive, never-ending complaining about me is older than that worn out Simpson's cartoon take off you still put up since FOREVER.... It's a thin line between love and hate and I just don't feel the hate so it must be love..... That's cool, you can be one of my disciples... My teachings will set ya free...

don't flatter yourself...thought you'd be happy that i bumped your thread so that you didn't have to.

"obsessive & never-ending"....exaggerate much?

"love & hate"? nah..nothing like that......just amusing in the same way that Charlie Sheen's rants were
amusing for 2 minutes.

the only obsession seems to be yours...with my Simpsons signature. enjoy...cuz here
it is again.

Date: May 4, 2011 03:07

Here's a test for the always brilliant SNC.

MY "SIMPSON'S SIGNATURE"(?) IS OLDER, MORE WORN OUT, AND TIRED THAN:

A. Eric Clapton's song "LAYLA" on classic rock radio

B. The Eagle's song "HOTEL CALIFORNIA" on classic rock radio

C. Zeppelin's song "STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN" on classic rock radio

D. SO worn out it can't be compared to ANYTHING

E. Simple Minded Sales people at WALMART saying,"HAVE A NICE DAY"

Take a wild quess my SNC.... hahahahahahahaha...... must be weird following my tail around all the time....

Date: May 4, 2011 05:15

SNC, you gone for good? Oh, forgot, I think you once said the wife has you doing house work and washing all the dishes/glasses, and shampooing the dogs at night. OK, catch you later amigo :^)

Posted by: cc ()
Date: May 4, 2011 06:04

palerider22
You can think what you like about Aerosmith but at least they're still 'alive'. They're only 3-4 years younger then the Stones but they had several hit albums and songs in the 90's and into the 2000's...and are still quite cool...no moss on these guys. They, apparently, are looking forward to a future as well.This 'American Idol thing?...shrewd and smart re-invebntion of his persona...and nobody really disses him for it. Puts him and his band out front again.

yes, I'll think what I like--and disagree with everything you wrote...

Date: May 4, 2011 10:31

MagicYear73
That will be very painful for the Stones. Richards/Wood is no match for Perry/Whitford and watching (and hearing) Tyler is a lot more pleasant than the same with Jagger. I am a hardcore Stonesfan for two decades now, and I'll always be, but I know livewise the Stones are over. Except for Charlie, they cannot play anymore. Other groups, like Aerosmith or Status Quo or even ZZ-Top, can still rock. At least they control their instruments, whereas Mick's voice is nothing like it used to be or the ancient art of weaving...well it's not 1978 anymore.
I've been listening to a lot of recent bootlegs (Licks and Bangtours) lately and the playing, although a shadow of the danger-rocknroll is still there, is really below par. I threw most of the cd's away when I heard them once, because sometimes it was too painful to hear. Don't get me wrong, I really want the Stones to be no.1 but they just don't deliver anymore, something that most of the other "oldies" still do. Too Bad.
But most of the people don't really listen to the music anyway, so for them there's no problem.

Do you really believe that, and did you catch the Stones in 2007? I've been to several Aerosmith-shows, and they were all good, but nowhere near Stones-quality.

A Stones-show has never been about how good the guitar players are. Quite the opposite, when the groove is down and the songs swing, the Stones are unbeatable, no matter how their guitar solos sound, imo.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2029
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home