Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: So who's goin to The Faces at cornbury?
Posted by: Brue ()
Date: July 4, 2011 01:10

Do it Ronnie. Get off. smoking smiley I wouldn't quit the Stones either. Although I would take the New Faces tour to the U.S. I mean, you're gonna fly right over us on yer way to Japan. But that's just me WHEN DOES THE U.S. TOUR START BAYBEE

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 4, 2011 07:23

I'm ashamed to say that I own absolutely NADA by The Faces. Isn't there a good Best Of... to start with or something? Ho many albums did they even do? What about releases (Of any kind, esp. live) of the newest incarnation? Enlighten me please.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 4, 2011 08:07

very fine to hear it was another great rock & roll show - thanks for the reviews!

and Kent, for a "best of Faces starter disk" try [www.amazon.co.uk]
later you'll want Five Guys Walk Into a Bar, which you can read about on Mac's fine site: [www.macspages.com]

and to the person who asked why they were sometimes called "Rod Stewart & Faces":
Rod had just signed a solo contract when he joined Faces, which made things a bit weird in a few ways.
one is: major portions of the band played on lots of Rod's early "solo" stuff,
so are those RS tracks or Faces tracks, or both? i'd never (ever!) call them "RS and Faces", but some people did.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: July 4, 2011 09:32

Faces - compilation from Cornbury Festival

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: July 4, 2011 10:45

The sound of the clip isn't all you could wish for, but it gives us a good impression of what
The Faces in this constellation are all about. Micks voice is still a bit thin, compared to
the young Rod's, but I suspect it is closer to young Rod's voice than Rod's own voice these days.
Thanks for posting. Ronnie and Mac are doing a great job here.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 4, 2011 11:52

Saturday 2nd July 2011 ... & Sir Ron of rock n' roll and the boys are on blistering form. Said it already after the two UK shows last year, and will say it AGAIN ... SEE THIS BAND if/when you can.

Some pics from the day, St Jude, Ray Davies, & the Faces:

Cheers to all

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 4, 2011 11:58

Thanks for these great pictures and videos. Wish I could have been there

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 4, 2011 12:23

Great Pix. Thanks
Hope i can make some next friday at Weert, Holland.
byeee
jeroen

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 4, 2011 12:35

Been waiting for these peachy photos, paulywaul - but i know, i know - it's taken you till now to recover from that fantastic evening with the Faces! Not to mention the lovely Ray Davies and the wonderful Saint Jude. Anyone who doesn't take any chance they have to see these boys is doing themselves a major disfavour. And Tin Soldier and All or Nothing were the absolute icing on an already extra delicious cake. Very nice to see that Jesse's now taking front stage as well. Those going to Bospop are in for a treat - enjoy!

Date: July 4, 2011 12:50

Beast
Been waiting for these peachy photos, paulywaul - but i know, i know - it's taken you till now to recover from that fantastic evening with the Faces! Not to mention the lovely Ray Davies and the wonderful Saint Jude. Anyone who doesn't take any chance they have to see these boys is doing themselves a major disfavour. And Tin Soldier and All or Nothing were the absolute icing on an already extra delicious cake. Very nice to see that Jesse's now taking front stage as well. Those going to Bospop are in for a treat - enjoy!

Fankyew fankyew fankyew kindly my dear. Yes indeed, thanks to Mr "Canon G12", and of course to our "deft little manoeuvre" to get front of stage !!! I do agree, those two tribute songs to The Small Faces & Steve Mariott & Ronnie Lane were just the absolute highlight of their set.

As Beast says, and as I too have already said, SEE THIS BAND WHILST YOU CAN !!!

Date: July 4, 2011 13:47

Lien
Faces - compilation from Cornbury Festival

This sounds fantastic! Lucky you, who were there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-05 11:19 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: July 4, 2011 14:30

JKFlash
A good starter is The Best Of Faces: Good Boys ... When They're Asleep ... [Original recording remastered]
[www.amazon.co.uk]
Song samples included within the page.

But the ultimate release for any Faces fan has to be Five Guys Walk Into A Bar... (4CD) [Box set, Original recording remastered]
[www.amazon.co.uk]

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: July 4, 2011 18:08

Is this show taped on CD ?

Gr Ray

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 4, 2011 19:23

Great photos paulywaul.Ronnie and the lads are realy on top form and the cornbury FOS position you all had looks great.Ray Davis and Saint Jude as well on the same night.Ronnies red jacket with yellow cuffs looks very familiar.Must be one of his favourites. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: July 4, 2011 19:34

Hello,

Yeah, what Crawdaddy just said...you cannot go wrong with Ray Davies. Great photos there P.W.: you all had a ball down the front!
Still haven't seen the headliners play...yet...

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 4, 2011 21:09

SimonN
Hello,

Yeah, what Crawdaddy just said...you cannot go wrong with Ray Davies. Great photos there P.W.: you all had a ball down the front!

Cheers,

Simon.

I'm about two rows back, in that little scrum to the left of the bloke with the Ronnie Be Good sign - I can see the people I was standing next to, but as usual I am invisible behind a Tall Gent. I'll have to ask paulywaul for some How To Get To The Front lessons.

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: July 4, 2011 22:30

Thanks for the great picutures paulywaul.

Looking forward to seeing them in Weert this week.

Date: July 5, 2011 10:54

Green Lady
SimonN
Hello,

Cheers,

Simon.

I'm about two rows back, in that little scrum to the left of the bloke with the Ronnie Be Good sign - I can see the people I was standing next to, but as usual I am invisible behind a Tall Gent. I'll have to ask paulywaul for some How To Get To The Front lessons.

<<< I'll have to ask paulywaul for some How To Get To The Front lessons >>>

Ah, well now that's a trade secret ... winking smiley winking smiley !!

Only kiddin'. As soon as Imelda May finished her set, we knew the crowd round the stage would thin out as people starting thinking about the toilets or the bar or ice creams, so we were literally waiting in a spot as close to where we wanted to get to. Sure enough, as soon as Imelda finished her set, and there was at least an hour to go till Ray Davies came on, a family with kids who were on the rail dead centre moved off it ... and bingo, we were there !! And once there, we never moved. Not that difficult really. Moral of story ... don't leave it till the last minute !!

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: July 5, 2011 11:43

Great pics paulywaul - thank you.

Posted by: Tallpaul ()
Date: July 5, 2011 18:30

Green Lady
SimonN
Hello,

Cheers,

Simon.

I havent be here in ages but my wife rings me from work saying I can see you at Cornbury - sends me a link to Paul's picture and lo and behold its me obsuring youre view - sorry Greenlady but I didnt even let my son past - you can just see his glasses to my right.
A great night I even danced with that bloke holding the sign who I think is amember here - sorry can't remember your name

Posted by: curtisdavis ()
Date: July 5, 2011 21:37

I LUUVVV IT...so happy for Ronnie and he sounds great.

Coming Down Again

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: July 8, 2011 19:11

Hey man, not a ad gig, not as good as last year though in my book.

still, I had a good time, think I might of scared some of the locals though!

Ha, ah well. Keep on rockin'

\m/

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: July 8, 2011 20:20

Thanks for putting the pictures up...I love the one of the crowd, their expressions say it all!

Date: July 8, 2011 21:28

Monkeytonkman
Hey man, not a ad gig, not as good as last year though in my book.

still, I had a good time, think I might of scared some of the locals though!

Ha, ah well. Keep on rockin'

\m/

Yeah, we looked for ya but didn't see ya. Ah well, next time eh ? Agree, a good gig, but last year at Goodwood topped it I think.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: July 10, 2011 06:14

I saw the back of your head!haha,

Had me a real good time!!

\m/

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: July 13, 2011 10:23

with sssoul
i'd never (ever!) call them "RS and Faces", but some people did.

Neither do I, but my computer thinks otherwise. I put in my trusted Coast to Coast CD today,
and my media player automatically said "Rod Stewart & The Faces".

A really enjoyable album by the way, this "Coast to coast: Overture and beginners". Ronnie
even puts in a bit of "Memo from Turner" into his Borstal Boys/Amazing Grace improvisation.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 16, 2011 14:30

Cornbury videos continue to show up on YouTube:

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: July 24, 2011 00:26

Keessie
Is this show taped on CD ?

Gr Ray

I bough the Cornbury CD ,it's a bit varied,not listened properly to it yet,but did play the Faces contrabution Stay With Me,sounds pretty good,Ronnie in fine fettle,crowd on form.
If they taped this ,then there must be more around somewhere,might come out as a Live Faces officially maybe,should certainly surface eventually as a boot I imagine,hope so ,don't mind either way.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2067
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home