Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT. has anyone been to see Roger Waters?
Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: April 28, 2011 12:30

I am going to see him in May at the 02 London. I am a massive Pink Floyd fan so I'm hoping to see some of that magic, David Gilmour is playing one song at one of the gigs, just hoping I'll be lucky.

has anyone seen him on this tour, if so was it anything like a pink floyd concert.

Re: OT. has anyone been to see Roger Waters?
Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: April 28, 2011 13:56

I've seen the show in Arnhem. I won't spoil your fun by telling about it, because the best way to
enjoy it, is by getting overwhelmed by all that is going on during the show.
Don't expect to be going to a rock'n roll show. The band is playing absolutely perfect,
the sound is great and Roger's voice (and occasional bass-playing) are surprisingly good.
But music is not even the main attraction here. What the main attraction is, you'll discover
that yourself.

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: April 28, 2011 15:05

I saw his show in Hyde Park in 2006, the first half was Pink floyd stuff with one solo song and one new song. The second half was Dark Side of the Moon with Nick Mason on drums and was amazing. He finished with Brick pt 2 and C numb for an encore. The first set felt and sounded very like a floyd show but was slightly marred by the sunlight, Waters compensated by beign a great stadium frontman!! which was a suprise. The second set saw the sun set enought that the lights were more like a floyd show. He is the only artist i have ever seen use a quadrophonic sound system (except Gilmour and Pink Floyd!)

So yes very much like a Pink Floyd show but which one was Pink?

Posted by: Marie ()
Date: April 28, 2011 15:16

Waters and/or Syd Barrett?

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 28, 2011 16:17

I saw him in 2007 in an arena ....SUPERB SHOW !

sc uk

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: April 28, 2011 16:18

I went to see him in milano on april 2nd.
it is like to see an opera, great show, everything is perfect because it has to be perfect. i believe every show is exactly the same because lights, special effects are totally programmed and waters sings very well , he has a great charisma but he acts like an actor. I mean, if you go to see 10 times the "Aida" i think every time is the same. i enjoyed a lot, but for me it was a 1 time experience, i wouldn't go again

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: April 28, 2011 16:54

Just in case : looking for a ticket for Paris, so if someone has a spare, let me know
smiling smiley

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: April 28, 2011 17:35

I saw him last month in Lisbon:

SUPERB!!!!!!!!!

DonĀ“t miss

Posted by: keefyboy ()
Date: April 28, 2011 17:44

Fab

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-28 17:52 by keefyboy.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 28, 2011 19:05

After seeing two of the original Wall shows in L.A. 1980, I thought nothing would ever match the overall sensory overload of that experience,
and nothing ever did until these new shows which come very close. I saw the new Wall show several times in America last year ,
and it is indeed an experience you will never forget. The only thing missing is the rest of Pink Floyd (but you may get lucky if Gilmour is there).

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: April 28, 2011 19:13

I saw him do 'The Wall' last December in San Jose, CA. Great show and great music!

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: April 28, 2011 19:39

Yup, saw Roger back in November and it was wonderful. It was everything you'd come to expect from a PF show.

Date: April 28, 2011 20:06

Do not miss!!!!!

Tickets are a hell of a lot cheaper than a stones show and the sound and stage show are nothing short of the best.

Hear DAT Jagger?

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: April 28, 2011 21:07

mm anyone wants to trade a berlin faces ticket for a roger water one :/

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: April 28, 2011 21:37

Awsome. RW is in good shape, band is perfect but the best is don't leave me now.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 28, 2011 23:13

Who's Driving Your Plane?
Do not miss!!!!!

Tickets are a hell of a lot cheaper than a stones show and the sound and stage show are nothing short of the best.

Hear DAT Jagger?
They are? Here in the states they were double what most acts charge/Which is why I dkipped it. Plus with Roger it's more about the spectacle and less about the music. I'd rather see Gilmour in a theatre than Waters in an arena.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 28, 2011 23:24

O2 Berlin in June - looking forward to it

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: April 29, 2011 00:26

Have seen him twice on earlier tours, and I'm going to see him saturday and sunday at Telenor arena in Norway and next saturday in Copenhagen.

Per-Arne

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 29, 2011 01:01

sweetcharmedlife
Who's Driving Your Plane?
Do not miss!!!!!

Hear DAT Jagger?
They are? Here in the states they were double what most acts charge/Which is why I dkipped it. Plus with Roger it's more about the spectacle and less about the music. I'd rather see Gilmour in a theatre than Waters in an arena.

Tickets in the States ranged from $55 - $275 vs. the last Stones tour where tickets were $450+ for the highest priced seats.
You missed out on a great show...the spectacle of the Wall is something to behold, his band are all A+ musicians,
and the sound system itself is state of the art quadrophonic perfection. Gilmour might have been missed a little,
but not much. I saw him at the Gibson ampitheater on his last tour, and while it was great,
Rogers Wall tour is WAY better imo. There's talk of the Wall returning to the US to finish off the tour.
Catch it if you can, you won't be disappointed.

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: April 29, 2011 01:44

pgarof
I am going to see him in May at the 02 London. I am a massive Pink Floyd fan so I'm hoping to see some of that magic, David Gilmour is playing one song at one of the gigs, just hoping I'll be lucky.

has anyone seen him on this tour, if so was it anything like a pink floyd concert.

Hey pgarof I'll be at the O2 on May14th (hoping to see Gilmour too spinning smiley sticking its tongue out ) ! Which show are you going?
By the way I need one more ticket for 14th if anyone can help!

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: April 29, 2011 02:05

mind blowing concert experience. perfect everything!!

Date: April 29, 2011 08:52

dimrstone
pgarof

Hey pgarof I'll be at the O2 on May14th (hoping to see Gilmour too spinning smiley sticking its tongue out ) ! Which show are you going?
By the way I need one more ticket for 14th if anyone can help!

I'm there on the 15th Sunnday, nevermind -- ENJOY

Posted by: ab ()
Date: April 29, 2011 09:09

When you see the current Waters tour, you'll get exactly what was advertised: The Wall, in its entirety. Nothing more, nothing less. His band plays the album note-for-note perfect, just like on the live album version. The only surprise might be in some of the visuals.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 29, 2011 14:48

ab
When you see the current Waters tour, you'll get exactly what was advertised: The Wall, in its entirety. Nothing more, nothing less. His band plays the album note-for-note perfect, just like on the live album version. The only surprise might be in some of the visuals.

What? No "Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict"?

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: April 29, 2011 21:19

I`ve always thought people bothering to see Roger Waters solo has to be massive Pink Floyd fans. But alas, I`m not quite right, counting all the casual
pop/rock fans flocking around him like moths around the fire.

Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: April 29, 2011 21:27

Saw The Wall yesterday (28th April) and that was brilliant. Great show. I've always liked Roger but of course it would have been great to see Pink Floyd to perform this. My son (14) also liked the show very much (he also saw The Stones here in Finland back in 2003 when he was 6 years old).

Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: April 29, 2011 21:32

ab

What? No "Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict"?

:-) That's perhaps one of the best song titles ever...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-29 21:33 by Single Malt.

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: April 29, 2011 21:37

Great visual effects. Like Marco said: Not the regular Rock show. The music is great and also the different feelings and emotions that the LP offered, come across to me as quite genuine. You should definitively go see for yourself.

Date: April 30, 2011 06:41

Can't wait to see him, seems to me he can get away with re-creating a Pink Floyd show but if Jagger did the same thing it just wouldn't work. Different type of show and music

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: April 30, 2011 23:18

noughties wrote:

"I`ve always thought people bothering to see Roger Waters solo has to be massive Pink Floyd fans. But alas, I`m not quite right, counting all the casual
pop/rock fans flocking around him like moths around the fire."

- It`s because of The Wall, of course! Why didn`t you tell me! How obvious!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1601
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home