Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Vancouver 25 years ago today!
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 2, 2014 06:39

My first Stones shows on November 1 and 2 at BC Place in Vancouver. First time the Stones were in town since they opened their 72 tour here. Lots of excitement in the city. Alot of friends and people I knew went to the show. Sat around mid field in the lower bowl, pretty good view.
Second night was actually the better of the two for me. I was row 2 on the floor, centre stage. Best seats to the best show I've been to.
Saw both Vancouver shows in 94 as well as 98 and 06 but those first two will always be the most memorable!
Hopefully they'll be here again next year!

Re: Vancouver 25 years ago today!
Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: November 2, 2014 06:52

I was at the first one, great show indeed and my second Stones show (Seattle '81 first). Caught a great Waterboys show the night before at the Commodore as well, with the band all decked out in Halloween costumes.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 2, 2014 07:07

A group of us went to the Commodore after that first show, not sure who the band was though! I didn't go to the Seattle show in 81 but alot of my friends went down. I wasn't old enough to drive then! My friend did pick me up one of the Jovan tour posters though. I think he got it at Payless drugstore and they cost $1. Got it framed!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 2, 2014 20:25

Hey, ME TOO!

I went to both shows.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 2, 2014 20:27

DGA35
A group of us went to the Commodore after that first show, not sure who the band was though! I didn't go to the Seattle show in 81 but alot of my friends went down. I wasn't old enough to drive then! My friend did pick me up one of the Jovan tour posters though. I think he got it at Payless drugstore and they cost $1. Got it framed!

Around 1982 I had a girlfriend that had a cousin that had that one framed. I thought it looked so cool.

A year later I bought the same poster in Reno. I then also had it framed 5 years later, around 1988.

I still have it hanging up in my home office!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1216
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home