Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Setlist Requests
Date: October 24, 2014 05:14

As the Stones rehearse for their big show this Saturday, chances are that they are playing the same warhorses, JJF, Satisfaction, HTW, etc., with the occasional surprise now and then... But what if you could request a song for them to play, regardless of its status among the 'main crowd' (ex. radio), release status, or duration?

To start off, I know that (off the top of my head) I'd like to hear 'I'm Alright' (chances are obviously slim to none, however...) with extended solos, or 'Highwire'...I can see those two going off well with a majority of the crowd (especially the 'Highwire' chorus/chant: 'Get up/Stand up'), or at the very least, stir up some interest in its political aspect.

Re: Setlist Requests
Posted by: AussieMark ()
Date: October 24, 2014 05:19

Memory Motel

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 24, 2014 05:39

When Your Gone ....

it's sits on a tuff blues chassis...sturdy enough ta handle a killer harp/guitar shoot-out from those two Micks ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 24, 2014 05:50

100 years ago.............just call me l-a-z-y bones.....................

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: October 24, 2014 09:24

Coming Down Again.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: October 24, 2014 09:28

Out Of Time?

Posted by: Sam4741 ()
Date: October 24, 2014 10:03

Let Me Go. Curious as to what they could do with this one nowadays.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: October 24, 2014 15:46

No Use In Crying

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 24, 2014 21:19

i got the blues

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: October 24, 2014 21:45

Slave

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: October 24, 2014 22:25

Little Queenie
Under The Radar
Star Star
Jump On Top Of Me
Had It With You

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: October 24, 2014 23:36

Speaking of which, has the "internet vote" selection come out?

Posted by: The Mez ()
Date: October 25, 2014 00:48

Out of Time
100 years ago
Slave
Time Waits For No One
Hang Fire
Down In The Hole
Fancyman Blues
Torn and Frayed

MEZ

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: October 25, 2014 02:09

time waits for no one
jigsaw puzzle
let it loose
she was hot
infamy
love is strong
slave
little t and a
shattered
crazy mama
if you cant rock me
luxury
fingerprint file
torn and frayed
loving cup
i got the blues
citadel
2000 man
on with the show
something happend to me yesterday
cool calm collected
i am waiting
she said yeah
im alright
one more try
laugh i nearly died
highwire
plundered my soul
i dont know why
miss amanda jones
off the hook
no expectations
if you really want to be my friend
heartbreaker
silvertrain
dancing with mr d
the last time
its all over now
tell me
lady jane
as tears go by

theres a few i would like to hear live.

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: October 25, 2014 02:14

Mother's Little helper

what a drag it is getting old....

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: October 25, 2014 02:43

i'm not going to make unrealistic requests here like Cherry Oh Baby or Slave, these are songs they could easily play and people would love it....

Under My Thumb
Play with Fire
Heart of Stone
19th Nervous Breakdown
Mother's Little Helper
Shattered
The Last Time
Not Fade Away
Ruby Tuesday

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: October 25, 2014 02:52

Time is on my sidehot smiley

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: October 25, 2014 02:55

flacnvinyl
Little Queenie
Under The Radar
Star Star
Jump On Top Of Me
Had It With You

Under The Radar? Save it until Europe please? winking smiley

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: October 25, 2014 03:51

One hit (to the body)!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 25, 2014 04:00

Slave.

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: October 25, 2014 04:49

Can we rename this thread to "Weekly Contest: Who can name the most rare Stones tracks?"
buttons is the clear winner...

Date: October 25, 2014 04:49

but seriously, I go to concerts to feel and exchange energy with my favorite band. A few rarities thrown in are a nice change in energy, but if I get to see the stones one more time and could choose between a "time waits for no one, jigsaw puzzle, infamy, out of time, fancy man blues" or a "sympathy, jjf, brown sugar, honky tonk woman, satisfaction" setlist, i'd go for the latter. There is a palpable energy in the room when they launch into one of their epic hits(you all call them warhorses) that is really part of what makes the stones concert experience special.
Really, is anyone honestly bored listening to the opening telecaster salvo of Start Me Up wishing they were playing Citadel? Its easy to bitch about the setlist on paper but I challenge anyone to go see the boys live and yawn during sympathy for the devil or IORR. Their most legendary songs are legendary for a reason. Long live the warhorses! Maybe I'm not a true fan...

Date: October 25, 2014 04:50

All that being said...I would die a very happy person if I got to hear them do Winter live just once

Date: October 25, 2014 06:58

erbissell
Can we rename this thread to "Weekly Contest: Who can name the most rare Stones tracks?"
buttons is the clear winner...

Haha, erbissell! Maybe we can make another thread for that topic separately!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: October 25, 2014 07:42

erbissell
but seriously, I go to concerts to feel and exchange energy with my favorite band. A few rarities thrown in are a nice change in energy, but if I get to see the stones one more time and could choose between a "time waits for no one, jigsaw puzzle, infamy, out of time, fancy man blues" or a "sympathy, jjf, brown sugar, honky tonk woman, satisfaction" setlist, i'd go for the latter. There is a palpable energy in the room when they launch into one of their epic hits(you all call them warhorses) that is really part of what makes the stones concert experience special.
Really, is anyone honestly bored listening to the opening telecaster salvo of Start Me Up wishing they were playing Citadel? Its easy to bitch about the setlist on paper but I challenge anyone to go see the boys live and yawn during sympathy for the devil or IORR. Their most legendary songs are legendary for a reason. Long live the warhorses! Maybe I'm not a true fan...

You are right about the epic nature of their biggest hits. And yes, I would rather hear Citadel than Start Me Up! During the 2nd Chicago show I was ready to call it a night once Satisfaction came on. Just repetitive and band on autopilot, but the rest of the show was stellar! I'd much rather they end every show with Street Fighting Man. SFM has a far better riff jam at the end.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 25, 2014 08:42

Yes so many great tunes missing from their previous live sets.

1. Top of the list is "mothers little helper" why this is never played is bizarre.

2. "coming down again" since Mick Taylor is back in the band. Let's face it, the Keith selections need some excitement. Not sure if this would keep the attention
Of the Masses but I know the real fans would postpone the beer/potty break to
"Miss you".

3. Don't get me started on "time waits for no one". With Mick Taylor back
On board this would be worth the plane ticket to any location on the planet.

4. "Winter" with the two Micks plus band.

Many others but the above are the hot buttons.

Date: October 25, 2014 08:49

flacnvinyl
erbissell

You are right about the epic nature of their biggest hits. And yes, I would rather hear Citadel than Start Me Up! During the 2nd Chicago show I was ready to call it a night once Satisfaction came on. Just repetitive and band on autopilot, but the rest of the show was stellar! I'd much rather they end every show with Street Fighting Man. SFM has a far better riff jam at the end.

If it were up to me to make the setlist, I'd make the first half 'rarities' (within reason), second half with warhorses and some obscure tracks here and there, with Keef's set (three songs instead of two!) splitting them in half.

Date: October 25, 2014 09:08

Satisfaction = autopilot ?? What do you call the god awful pre-programmed Sympathy for the Devil ?? Miss You ?? You Got Me Rocking ??

Whoo Whoo / Hoo Hoo / Hey Hey ..... makes me want to vomit. Honestly. Maybe I could handle one of those per concert but,they have taken it too far.

I would take songs such as "Down in the Hole" , "Play With Fire" , "It Won't Take Long" etc. instead without any doubt but,it will probably never happen again unless there is some kind of subsequent theater tour down the road.

How can you have a 14 on Fire tour without "Play With Fire" ??

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 25, 2014 09:23

Winter...with Mick Taylor on guitar.

Date: October 25, 2014 12:04

I would have prefered Factory Girl as a staple in the setlist, Some alternating with some of the rockers (IORR/IYCRM/Bitch/MM/R) and the longer songs (MR/GH/CYHMK/S/OOC). + a few "fresh" songs in the warhorses-section (RTJ/SFM/WTWCD/HYSYMBSITS).

Apart from that, I'm good thumbs up

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1357
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home