Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11
Re: Goodbye and Good Luck, Mates
Date: December 13, 2011 06:38

thewatchman
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
tatters
thewatchman

The Watchman is not a person, he is a cartoon character! Don't take him so seriously.

We've already got one of those. The position's been filled.

That's not a very nice thing to say about mickscarey!

Nahhhhh, nevermind!

Gotta give it to Mickscarey. He was right all along.

Right about......what?

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: December 13, 2011 06:44

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
thewatchman
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
tatters
thewatchman

The Watchman is not a person, he is a cartoon character! Don't take him so seriously.

We've already got one of those. The position's been filled.

That's not a very nice thing to say about mickscarey!

Nahhhhh, nevermind!

Gotta give it to Mickscarey. He was right all along.

Right about......what?

Ever heard of "Done Deal"?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 13, 2011 07:02

No Deal is Done. Nothing has happened yet.

Date: December 13, 2011 07:04

71Tele

It was really a Done Deal as far back as the end of the last tour. I know what you are saying though. They still have to stay healthy for it to happen. That is the only thing that would change things.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 13, 2011 23:38

At some point, do we actually just give up on this being a good-bye thread, and should we change the thread title?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 13, 2011 23:44

Date: December 14, 2011 03:04

At some point, do we actually just give up on this being a good-bye thread, and should we change the thread title - treaclefingers -

I call on the dictator of this site to close this STUPID thread...and treacle...I'm feeling for you....

Posted by: Turner ()
Date: December 14, 2011 03:11

thewatchman
See ya next year when we (the Stones and extended family) rock the world one more time! Special thanks to Rolling Hansie, Colonial, Gazza, and others, that have made my brief tour here an overall positive experience.

One Luv, Gold Rings On Ya.

Gold Rings indeed, I am glad next year is only a few weeks away!

Date: December 14, 2011 05:34

Turner
thewatchman
See ya next year when we (the Stones and extended family) rock the world one more time! Special thanks to Rolling Hansie, Colonial, Gazza, and others, that have made my brief tour here an overall positive experience.

It's going to be one of the most heavily discussed years in Rolling Stones history!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 14, 2011 08:29

21stcenturystones
At some point, do we actually just give up on this being a good-bye thread, and should we change the thread title - treaclefingers -

I call on the dictator of this site to close this STUPID thread...and treacle...I'm feeling for you....

thx 21st...maybe just change it to...'I WAS GONNA LEAVE BUT HAVE SINCE CHANGED MY MIND'?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 14, 2011 08:32

treaclefingers
21stcenturystones

thx 21st...maybe just change it to...'I WAS GONNA LEAVE BUT HAVE SINCE CHANGED MY MIND'?
AKA

Posted by: Turner ()
Date: December 14, 2011 15:35

treaclefingers
21stcenturystones

that title captures the spirit quite nicely

Date: December 14, 2011 15:41

thewatchman
71Tele

It was really a Done Deal as far back as the end of the last tour.

That is more correct; it was obvious then that that was the last tour. And that is a done deal.

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: December 14, 2011 17:19

((( Thread to be retitled TheWatchman's Goodbye Redux Tour ... ala Cher ))) spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 14, 2011 18:12

He is desperately in need of attention.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: December 14, 2011 21:34

thewatchman
Turner
thewatchman

It's going to be one of the most heavily discussed years in Rolling Stones history!

Next year is 1970?

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: December 14, 2011 22:48

Like, OUCH 'n' stuff.

Date: December 15, 2011 02:57

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
thewatchman
71Tele

That is more correct; it was obvious then that that was the last tour. And that is a done deal.

Hopefully it was the last mega tour. If Keith gets his way it may be bigger than ABB and U2's latest. I would like to see one last live performance with Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman. Chances are it will be somewhere in between.

Date: December 15, 2011 03:01

stonesrule
He is desperately in need of attention.

It all goes back to childhood, mate.

Date: December 15, 2011 03:06

LeonidP
thewatchman
Turner
thewatchman

Next year is 1970?

I believe next year is 2012.

Date: December 15, 2011 03:18

thewatchman
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
thewatchman
71Tele

Hopefully it was the last mega tour. If Keith gets his way it may be bigger than ABB and U2's latest. I would like to see one last live performance with Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman. Chances are it will be somewhere in between.

The difference between the Stones making a tour bigger than U2's and the tour U2 did is simple: The Stones had their chance with the Bang tour and didn't max that out because they couldn't - not enough people went to the shows to truly sell every ticket for every show. U2 did. It's something the Stones won't do, top U2. U2 finally topped the Stones. And all that is is attendance and money. Perhaps they'll have a bigger tour hype wise but not attendance and money.

My hunch is they won't do a big tour - ever - again. Charlie, as I recall, was clear that the Bang tour was the last big tour. And Keith was clear about what U2 did being what they did and so what, good for them. So is your "concern" that the Stones won't "go out on top", whatever that means, or that they won't make enough money and or sell more tickets than U2? That seems to be your biggest concern, the hubris of it all.

They've done all that enough already. Best thing for the Stones to do is probably what some have been hinting at here - select cities. If they can get enough demand to do it.

Date: December 15, 2011 03:29

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
thewatchman
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
thewatchman
71Tele

The difference between the Stones making a tour bigger than U2's and the tour U2 did is simple: The Stones had their chance with the Bang tour and didn't max that out because they couldn't - not enough people went to the shows to truly sell every ticket for every show. U2 did. It's something the Stones won't do, top U2. U2 finally topped the Stones. And all that is is attendance and money. Perhaps they'll have a bigger tour hype wise but not attendance and money.

My hunch is they won't do a big tour - ever - again. Charlie, as I recall, was clear that the Bang tour was the last big tour. And Keith was clear about what U2 did being what they did and so what, good for them. So is your "concern" that the Stones won't "go out on top", whatever that means, or that they won't make enough money and or sell more tickets than U2? That seems to be your biggest concern, the hubris of it all.

They've done all that enough already. Best thing for the Stones to do is probably what some have been hinting at here - select cities. If they can get enough demand to do it.

Seems to be my biggest concern? Hubris? Did you read what I said? Like I said I would be satisfied with just one last live performance with Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman.

Date: December 15, 2011 03:48

thewatchman
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
thewatchman
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
thewatchman
71Tele

Seems to be my biggest concern? Hubris? Did you read what I said? Like I said I would be satisfied with just one last live performance with Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman.

Also, it's time for the Stones to stop the "pissing contest" with U2 and just concede that U2 is the greatest rock 'n roll band in the world at present. The Stones mythical battle is with the Beatles for the greatest of all time. When Muhammad Ali retired Larry Holmes was the champion. Few boxing historians would argue that Larry Holmes was the greatest fighter of all time, however, the majority would argue that Ali was the greatest. Same thing. The fact that the Stones were still number #1 until U2 broke their record this year is an amazing feat after nearly 50 years in the business. Even if it is only a money thing.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 15, 2011 04:55

OMG

Posted by: drummer_dude ()
Date: December 15, 2011 06:51

Take care Watchman. Happy Holidays to you and a Good New Year to you to

Date: December 15, 2011 07:00

Ok watchman. Whatever. Do you work at Waffle House?

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: December 15, 2011 14:17

MKjan
you have great taste in music.

We all do!

Date: December 31, 2011 07:04

thewatchman

Time to go to work.smoking smiley Happy New Year, mates.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: December 31, 2011 07:20

...so long 2011. Let's move on to 2012 and a better year for all hopefully. Happiness and health.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 19, 2012 03:13

Re: Fan Threatens Boycott Of Rolling Stones If Demands Not Met!
Date: January 18, 2012 22:01

GumbootCloggeroo
thewatchman
The good news for them (and for me) is that my work is just about done here. I think I may just go hang with the casual Stones fans.
does this mean we have another pretentious "goodbye" thread to look forward to?

No. I really take no pleasure in irritating you. I am not a vindictive person. I will go quietly into the night this time around.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-19 03:17 by tatters.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1601
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home