Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick recording with Kanye West?
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 19, 2014 23:38

From the "You can make this stuff up" department:

Kim & Kanye are on vacation in Mexico again: is Yeezus working with Mick Jagger?

Story making the Facebook and Twitter rounds says Paul McCartney and Mick were recording with Kanye West, with Mick's track possibly titled “Piss On My Grave.” Gossip website that posted it even included a link to their source - Page Six.

Only thing is, Page Six says Kanye is "secretly recording with Paul McCartney". You can guess the name of the song. ;-)

Mick? Not even mentioned.

Re: Mick recording with Kanye West?
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 20, 2014 00:04

Mick and Kanye?

Well, I'm down with that. My teenage son has declared Kanye a genius, so it must be true.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: August 20, 2014 00:19

I wouldn't mind this at all. Kanye is creative and provacative. Mick could thrive in a collaboration like this.
If true.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: August 20, 2014 00:21

latebloomer
My teenage son has declared Kanye a genius, so it must be true.
I didn't believe it for years, but he IS a phenomenal artist. Complete dick as a person but someone making music these days that is definitely inventive. I'm sure people will laugh that off based off what they already know about him, but it is pretty much true. I'm a classic rock fanatic and rarely listen to any new music these days, but something about Kanye registers with me. His songs are structured much more like tracks than just simple rap verse beats throughout.

Having said all that, I'd love to see him team up with McCartney or Jagger. Jagger wasn't mentioned in the article I read yesterday, just McCartney. Regardless, I assume its probably not true, and even if it is there's no guarantee it'll come out. He recorded with Miley Cyrus about a year ago and there's been no talk of that since.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: August 20, 2014 00:31

I would mind it!

I used to think highly of Kanye and his songs until he became such an egomaniac...I shudder to think of what he will say if he records with McCartney and/ or Jagger.

Kanye is surely the least humble music personality alive.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 20, 2014 01:25

GEEZ, I HOPE NOT! I hate him!

Date: August 20, 2014 01:32

I hope he won't. And why???

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 20, 2014 01:35

It seems more likely than Mick teaming up to record with, say, Keith Richards.

<<Page Six says Kanye is "secretly recording with Paul McCartney". You can guess the name of the song. ;-)>>

No, I can't actually. Is it supposed to be some sort of in-joke?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 20, 2014 01:55

....shortly there will be an official joint announcement from Mick Jagger and Paul McCartney denying the rumours and further proclaiming that "they are bigger than Yeezus now".

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 20, 2014 02:06

....maybe a cover of thee Rufus Thomas number .... Kanye Monkey Do The Dog

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 20, 2014 02:31

Thing of it is, I'll end up wishing it had been a solo Mick track. "Sleep When We Die" by K'Naan had hints of "Big Enough" about it lyrically. I would have much preferred if Keith and Steve Jordan had saved that one up and kept it pure. I expect I'll feel the same about "Piss On My Grave."

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: August 20, 2014 03:38

Hell yes! Kanye's a genius -- albeit of the tortured variety -- it'll be cool as shit to hear what he
and Mick can stir up. Love it! Would also like to hear Kanye and Keith....tho' Mick would be able to
work with him better, to some interesting end. Can't wait. Love how brave and bold Mick is in this
way. Yes, he's a bandwagon jumper-onner, but sometimes to good result.

- swiss

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 20, 2014 04:21

latebloomer
Mick and Kanye?

Well, I'm down with that. My teenage son has declared Kanye a genius, so it must be true.

I'm with your son. I thought Yeezus was a brilliant album!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 20, 2014 04:58

Aquamarine
latebloomer
Mick and Kanye?

I'm with your son. I thought Yeezus was a brilliant album!

Kanye boy actually has very good taste in music, so I was only being a little bit flippant there. But, to be honest, I haven't listened to enough of Kim's husband's music to form an opinon. Most everything rap wise that comes floating out of his room kinda sounds the same to me.

Kanye with Mick actually makes more sense to me than Kanye with Macca. Mick has the vocal chops and styling to do something much more interesting.

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: August 20, 2014 06:10

I know nudda about this guy other than South Park crucifed him. But then they do that with so many. Not the Stones or Beatles oddly enough. Parker a fan perhaps?

Anything that gets Jagger back on a record has my vote. Same with McCartney.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 20, 2014 10:20

An egomaniacal, self-absorbed character, but one who has produced some terrific music. I'm wary as to how a collaboration with someone like Jagger will sound, but hell, why not?

Date: August 20, 2014 18:25

Big Al
An egomaniacal, self-absorbed character, but one who has produced some terrific music.

Perfect description.

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: August 20, 2014 18:45

I can't stand that @#$%&. Anyone who stands up and proclaims themself as a genius is a self indulgent asswipe . Please tell me Mick would hook up with that dingleberry .

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: August 20, 2014 18:51

I heard this on the radio the other day, but no mention of Mick. As others have reported, the rumor is of Paul McCartney working with Kanye.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 20, 2014 18:54

no

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 21, 2014 02:50

if he does this you will see the limits of my defending him-mick, stop trying to be "relevant" and play from the heart.you wonder why keith gets pissed off at you...good lord.

you've seen this bullshit music come and go enough by now,just try playing something real.

when people think of jimmy page i doubt that "kashmir" with p-diddy comes up very often.as soon as you try to be "hip" you're no longer hip.

i feel sorry for mccartneys fans.it all just looks so desperate.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 21, 2014 04:42

I hope this is a bad dream. I'm trying to wake up

Date: August 21, 2014 07:55

lem motlow
if he does this you will see the limits of my defending him-mick, stop trying to be "relevant" and play from the heart.you wonder why keith gets pissed off at you...good lord.

you've seen this bullshit music come and go enough by now,just try playing something real.

when people think of jimmy page i doubt that "kashmir" with p-diddy comes up very often.as soon as you try to be "hip" you're no longer hip.

i feel sorry for mccartneys fans.it all just looks so desperate.

Could be....or could end up being interesting/fun!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 21, 2014 08:10

Where is this genius Kanye West is supposed to exhibit? His greatest song is a novelty tune, with the best part being Jamie Foxx doing his Ray Charles imitation. Other than that I only hear Kanye rapping about material goods and how great he is, like every other rapper. I can usually see the greatness in someone in just about every genre of art & sports and I admit I don't get Kanye, if there is something to get.

Date: August 21, 2014 08:37

It's all a matter of taste, obviously. For me, Yeezus was the most exciting album of last year, taking risks on every track. I finally had to stop listening to Black Skinhead because I didn't want to get tired of it. smiling smiley

Date: August 21, 2014 09:22

24FPS
Where is this genius Kanye West is supposed to exhibit? His greatest song is a novelty tune, with the best part being Jamie Foxx doing his Ray Charles imitation. Other than that I only hear Kanye rapping about material goods and how great he is, like every other rapper. I can usually see the greatness in someone in just about every genre of art & sports and I admit I don't get Kanye, if there is something to get.

hmm....not trying to change your mind, but he's really not all about material goods or
braggadacio...here's an example:

Aquamarine
It's all a matter of taste, obviously. For me, Yeezus was the most exciting album of last year, taking risks on every track. I finally had to stop listening to Black Skinhead because I didn't want to get tired of it. smiling smiley

thumbs up
It used to feel like I was one of the only hip hop fans on iorr - glad to be in good company, Aquamarine!
(even if Yeesus were the only album you're fond of)

- swiss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-21 09:26 by swiss.

Date: August 21, 2014 09:24

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-21 09:25 by swiss.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 21, 2014 09:41

swiss

thumbs up
It used to feel like I was one of the only hip hop fans on iorr - glad to be in good company, Aquamarine!
(even if Yeesus were the only album you're fond of)

- swiss

As someone whose musical-taste is forever evolving, I must say that hip-hop is a gene I have certainly warmed to. My collection is relatively small, mind: I'm more of a girly 90's R&B fan: gimmie a dose of TLC, SWV or Aliyah any day grinning smiley

Date: August 21, 2014 10:00

Big Al
As someone whose musical-taste is forever evolving, I must say that hip-hop is a gene I have certainly warmed to. My collection is relatively small, mind: I'm more of a girly 90's R&B fan: gimmie a dose of TLC, SWV or Aliyah any day grinning smiley

Wow...not what one expects to hear from someone with the moniker "Big Al" grinning smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 21, 2014 10:03

24FPS

Other than that I only hear Kanye rapping about material goods and how great he is, like every other rapper.

Well, I wonder if it is any cooler that some rich white rock stars pretend to be some sort of 'bluesmen'...

One of the saddest thing that has happened to rock and roll culture, me thinks, has been its self-acclaimed separation of the latest trends, and actually from the whole latter-day development, of American black music, starting somewhere during the 70's. This distinction seems to be strong these days, no matter how much the whole rock and roll genre owns to American black music tradition. But it is no Robert Johnson, Bo Diddley, Sam Cooke or James Brown no more....

Yeah, let us burn some disco albums like we used to...smoking smiley

I guess Jagger never did that...

After-thought: I was wandering and hanging around outside the gates of a hiphop festival in the heart of my town the other day, starring Snoopy Dog (or Lion or whatever he is), and was very impressed of how much young - I mean, actually young - people there where, both in and outside the gates... dancing, fooling around, looking so happy and energetic... made me feel good, even though I need to admit that me, an old fart, don't really 'get' the musical side of the thing. But the whole thing was just like in the good old days of my youth in rock festivals...

- Doxa

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2006
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home