Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OH YEAH !! ENTIRE Altamont show here 6/12/69 !! Fierce - JAGGER'S on Fire !!
Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: April 10, 2011 09:12

Wow, what a find (I know, some own it/have it, a lot don't) The ENTIRE 1 hour 22 minute ALTAMONT CONCERT on YouTube. The band has NEVER played better, what a show !!! THEY ARE SMOKING !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-10 09:23 by CrissCrossMind.

Re: OH YEAH !! ENTIRE Altamont show here 6/12/69 !! Fierce - JAGGER'S on Fire !!
Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: April 10, 2011 10:03

This was posted here long time ago by UrbanSteel and bigtyke66:

[www.iorr.org]

GigaSize links are still okay!

Re: OH YEAH !! ENTIRE Altamont show here 6/12/69 !! Fierce - JAGGER'S on Fire !!
Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: April 10, 2011 10:44

Just checked it Rank.... that download wasn't in TELL ME, I never go to the download section so this is for the "tell me" only people ")

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-10 10:51 by CrissCrossMind.

Posted by: Bruce ()
Date: April 10, 2011 10:49

Thank you for posting it (again), CrissCrossMind - I didn't see the post by UrbanSteel and bigtyke66 back then smiling smiley

Cheers

Bruce

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 10, 2011 13:15

Thank you for posting this. I'm amazed at at how slow JJ Flash is...I don't remember it being this slow on other dvd's recordings,,it's got to be the slowest version ever!

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: April 10, 2011 13:27

crumbling_mice
Thank you for posting this. I'm amazed at at how slow JJ Flash is...I don't remember it being this slow on other dvd's recordings,,it's got to be the slowest version ever!

Far, FAR too slow! confused smiley

I still find this live era over-rated (despite Jagger sounding good), & much prefer the (presumably) speed-fueled 1966-1967 performances.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: April 10, 2011 14:40

Rank Stranger

[www.iorr.org]

I have several copies of the Altamont concert on various CDs & LPs and the copy posted/made by UrbanSteel & bigtyke66 is easily my favorite.

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: April 10, 2011 17:48

Thanks CrissCrossMind for posting!

I was at Altamont and I can verify (as I and others did on some previous posts): JJF was indeed this slow and Keith was indeed this loud, at least in the beginning of the show. You could only hear Keith and Mick at first.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 10, 2011 17:59

If this recording was put into a rocket ship, and launched into deep space, and was found and listened to by someone millions of years from now in another galaxy, they would know everything they need to know about rock and roll.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: April 10, 2011 18:36

crumbling_mice

it's quite strange indeed
Maybe there is a flaw in the recording ?

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: April 10, 2011 18:42

tatters
If this recording was put into a rocket ship, and launched into deep space, and was found and listened to by someone millions of years from now in another galaxy, they would know everything they need to know about rock and roll.
chuck berry's johnny b.goode is already in space. [en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: April 10, 2011 18:50

Simply brilliant! Thanks!

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: April 10, 2011 18:57

ineedadrink
tatters
chuck berry's johnny b.goode is already in space. [en.wikipedia.org]

Old joke: The first communication is received from intelligent life in space. The message? "Send more Chuck Berry!"

I think JJF is sexy played slower. The band's restraint in '69 was very effective. I remember those opening chords from the Forum show. They were designed to grab you rather than bowl you over.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 10, 2011 18:57

Sit down! SIT DOWN!

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: April 10, 2011 19:17

I sure wish we had the entire gig in SB quality cause its a good show even with all the bs going on! But you know, I havent heard one single 69 audience recording where JJF didnt D-R-A-G and if you'll listen to the recent "bonus" Ya Yas 'I'm Free" it sounds twice as fast as any audience recording. The SBs of JJF from 69 sound faster too so what's the deal? That's always puzzled me...

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 11, 2011 21:41

For those that have this already, where is the show typically split to put it on 2 CDs, as obviously, the whole thing won't fit on 1 CD at 1 hour and 22 minutes?

thanks!!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 11, 2011 22:35

VoodooLounge13
For those that have this already, where is the show typically split to put it on 2 CDs, as obviously, the whole thing won't fit on 1 CD at 1 hour and 22 minutes?

thanks!!

last song on disc 1: Brown Sugar

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: April 11, 2011 22:41

MILKYWAY
Rank Stranger

[www.iorr.org]

I have several copies of the Altamont concert on various CDs & LPs and the copy posted/made by UrbanSteel & bigtyke66 is easily my favorite.

hi ! did you have the lp,altamont broadcast source,?

if so ? post the rip here(i need the source for merge stereo)

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 11, 2011 22:44

jpasc95
crumbling_mice

it's quite strange indeed
Maybe there is a flaw in the recording ?

Of course there is a flow .JJF can' be that slow .
It's called A "KILLER IN THE PARK"6/12/69, 2cdr, SBD grinning smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: April 11, 2011 22:53

tatters

That says it all, good one Tatters.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 12, 2011 17:01

Erik_Snow
VoodooLounge13

thanks!!

last song on disc 1: Brown Sugar

Thanks Erik!!

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: April 13, 2011 02:32

VoodooLounge13
obviously, the whole thing won't fit on 1 CD at 1 hour and 22 minutes?
Actually you can, with a bit of overburning...

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: April 13, 2011 08:52

FreeBird
VoodooLounge13
obviously, the whole thing won't fit on 1 CD at 1 hour and 22 minutes?
Actually you can, with a bit of overburning...
yes it will on CD-R 90

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: April 14, 2011 22:15

The taper did a fantastic job. Can you imagine in those conditions up in front of the stage? The Stones also played remarkably well all things considered. Thanks CCM for putting this up for people to enjoy. Pretty cool you can see the taper in the movie.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: April 14, 2011 22:16

big thyke is working on a upgrade ,i am waiting ,,for it,,

Posted by: bigtyke66 ()
Date: April 15, 2011 00:08

Rank Stranger

[www.iorr.org]

You can also still find it here:
Hunger City

Posted by: bigtyke66 ()
Date: April 15, 2011 00:11

vancouver
big thyke is working on a upgrade ,i am waiting ,,for it,,

It's only a small change to "The Sun Is Shining". I keep meaning to do this, but life keeps getting in the way.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 15, 2011 01:27

filstan
The taper did a fantastic job. Can you imagine in those conditions up in front of the stage? The Stones also played remarkably well all things considered. Thanks CCM for putting this up for people to enjoy. Pretty cool you can see the taper in the movie.

Even the audience chatter, something most people DON'T like to hear on a bootleg, is, in this case, fascinating. "I gotta get out of here", someone says. "Someone's gonna get killed". And his friend answers, "There's no place to go".

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: April 15, 2011 01:48

How bout Jagger after Satisfaction: "There have been a few hangups but generally...you've been beauutifulll."

Yes, several beatings and a murder..just a few hangups, but other than that..good times!

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: April 15, 2011 03:06

lettingitbleed
How bout Jagger after Satisfaction: "There have been a few hangups but generally...you've been beauutifulll."

Yes, several beatings and a murder..just a few hangups, but other than that..good times!

Again, Jagger's cluelessness mischaracterizes much of what happened in front of him. Keith had it right. Jagger didn't. After the violent spasms before and during UMT the concert did calm down, but the movie was not interested in that. I am not sure what the term "end of sixties" means or is meant to mean, but the term grates me. I did not see any hippies fighting in that movie. High, sure. Too high, sure. But they were getting beat on by thugs in a poorly planned, self serving event and a self aggrandizing movie.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1729
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home