Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Nice moment with Devon Allman
Posted by: Des ()
Date: July 29, 2014 21:49

Took in my first, and hopefully not the last time I get to see the Royal Southern Brotherhood....what a solid band! Everything about southern rock we love with their own jazz, blues, R&B stylings, respectfull of the old school yet updated.

After the show Devon is standing sidestage and I approch. He spots me coming and to my surprise locks eyes and makes a movement forward, sticks out his hand for a shake, I like this guy! As he introduces himself I have to take the oportunity to respectfully quallify something to him without drewling all over myself so I picked my words carfully to get the sentiment right. I leaned in and said I hoped he understood that what I was about to say was not fluff, and that I had stated to folks for decades that his 'family band' produced, song per song, note for note, the most musicaly powerfull rock ever. To my surprise his hand grip tightens and he pulls me closer and he says how much that menat to him, and he will take that home with him...wow! I went on a bit about how they realy brought the old scholl home but did it their way which I had observed had hit the baby boomer male croud members right were we live.

Disclaimer....before you think my statement is a slight on my RS fanship, we are talking apples and oranges. What I hope to define was that the Allamn Brothers had a rythem section that just could not stop and powerfull. Full frontal duelling guitars from many tallented a player (family band) and solid big organ keyboards with instrumant based tunes that just went on and on delivering without a question of why did the do that bit.

For lovers of southern rock do not miss this band!

Re: OT: Nice moment with Devon Allman
Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: July 29, 2014 22:02

Gonna see this band in a small club in Berlin in september. Very promising band with top notch musicians.

Berlin Quasimodo

Don`t miss the video preview link !

Tom

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: July 29, 2014 22:42

I met Devon a couple times about ten years ago. He'd given it his all to what was essentially a house concert audience but he could not have been nicer. I was shocked at how much he looked like Uncle Duane. I WILL say that he bristled a bit when people would mention Gregg or say, "Your daddy must be really proud of you."

I'll leave it at that.

Posted by: Des ()
Date: July 29, 2014 23:23

rbk
I met Devon a couple times about ten years ago. He'd given it his all to what was essentially a house concert audience but he could not have been nicer. I was shocked at how much he looked like Uncle Duane. I WILL say that he bristled a bit when people would mention Gregg or say, "Your daddy must be really proud of you."

I'll leave it at that.

That was the jist of me choosing my words carefully, did not want to reference "The Allamn Brothers" as much as saying I recognize this has been a 'family experience' for you, and it seemed to hit a possitive chord with him (pun intended). It was also my intention of clarifying how I recognized they had their oun interpritation of southern rock to put some heathy separation for Devon's work.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1924
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home