Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Nice video from 66..(hope it works)
Posted by: Blue ()
Date: April 2, 2011 23:18

Re: Nice video from 66..(hope it works)
Posted by: flairville ()
Date: April 2, 2011 23:47

Brilliant thanks!

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: April 2, 2011 23:53

That entire Ed Sullivan appearance is pretty good.

Date: April 3, 2011 00:04

LOL..I was afraid to say "Ed Sullivan" because maybe they would remove it. It seemed to take forever to see excerpts from his show of the Stones to come out on Youtube. This kind of looks a little bootleggish...but I don't know; but it's always nice to see the original Stones any way we can, especially Brian in his famous striped suit and sideburns. smiling bouncing smiley

Date: April 3, 2011 01:32

I love the "Ruby tuesday/spend the night"' appearance too-especially since theres the rehearsal footage avail too. And I always wondered about Keith getting the b/u vocals right on the rehearsal and blowing a line big time on the b'cast. Maybe a little passive protest? ha ha

Date: April 3, 2011 02:58

Love the Ruby Tuesday and Lady Jane performances too. Did not know about the rehearsal video..is it on good old Youtube?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 3, 2011 03:20

Wish the person who first posted this great video would have taken the sound directly from the source. There is ambient room sound over the video sound.

But why is Keith on the wrong side? He looks like he's having a bit too much fun. And Charlie should bring back that mustache...Love Bill's bass.

Date: April 3, 2011 04:04

by the way, this was the first stones appearance on Ed Sullivan where they used live vocals over pre-recorded tracks although I think they may have completely lip-synched this one? The other two songs (Paint It Black and Lady Jane) had live vocals. Oh,and Blue-I didnt see the rehearsals on youtube myself..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-03 04:47 by scottkeef.

Date: April 3, 2011 05:31

Damn, Brian looks so f'n cool. He's got the whole package right there. Simply amazing. So ahead of his time...

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: April 6, 2011 22:35

scottkeef

by the way, this was the first stones appearance on Ed Sullivan where they used live vocals over pre-recorded tracks although I think they may have completely lip-synched this one? The other two songs (Paint It Black and Lady Jane) had live vocals. Oh,and Blue-I didnt see the rehearsals on youtube myself..

No, Jagger's most definitely singing live on 'Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby.....?. Not so sure about the backing vocals though.

Date: April 7, 2011 06:30

Does anyone know if Brian played the electric guitar on this song in the original studio version, or if it was Keith? I wonder if I hear an acoustic guitar in this song somewhere too, or am I hearing things that are not there??? confused smiley

Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: April 7, 2011 17:07

Ron Asheton would have approved Keith's choice of jacket for that appearance...

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: April 7, 2011 17:59

Great find, thanks very much Blue!

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: April 7, 2011 18:18

On the 'fuzz' guitar ending Brian's hands are at variance with the actual chord in at least two places. I don't know if that implies he's not the original studio guitarist or not ... maybe on Ed Sullivan he was just 'Stoned.' Great footage; agreed that Charlie looks just too cool.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1792
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home