Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Our Lads The Glimmers
Posted by: CMH516 ()
Date: June 11, 2014 02:18

Sure seem to be getting on much better than on the North American tour. Anyone have any insight about a behind the scenes reconciliation?

Just good to see the boys smiling at each other.

Re: Our Lads The Glimmers
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 11, 2014 02:25

Recent events in Micks life probably helped bring them a bit closer.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 11, 2014 03:27

No insight, but I'm glad to see it too.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 11, 2014 04:49

Since I don't know them personally, I am not concerned with how they are or are not getting along. All that concerns me is whether or not the band continues on.

And as we have seen from the past 2 years especially, whether or not Keith and Mick are the best of friends there will still be Rolling Stones, because they each need in their own lives what the Stones represent to themselves and the world, rather than needing each other in their lives outside the band. Besides, they each have their own families and friends and hobbies and travels, and when you are in your sixties and seventies life can never be as fraternal as it was in your twenties.

Why is it so important whether they interact onstage or avoid each other because of mutual hatred? They are professional enough not to let personal issues interfere with performance. They still give their fans what they want, and that's all that could ever matter.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 11, 2014 06:56

Thicker than thieves ... they'd take a hit for each other any ole day

ROCKMAN

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 11, 2014 07:46

Keith has changed on these last 2 tours. He started out fearful. Everyone wondered if perhaps his brain injury or hand problems would sideline him, Mick was careful with him as well, defiantly keeping his distance giving no quarter for Keith to return to reckless party behavior on stage. Now that Keith is showing a love for music in what may be a completely fresh manner for him, he seems to have regained Mick's trust. When Keith messes up now Mick looks over and smiles his way knowing his mate is putting out an heroic effort. He is a true believer in Keith's future as a guitarist as I am... " Just as long as the guitar plays
Let it steal your heart away,"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-11 07:47 by DoomandGloom.

Date: June 11, 2014 07:55

stonehearted
Since I don't know them personally, I am not concerned with how they are or are not getting along. All that concerns me is whether or not the band continues on.

And as we have seen from the past 2 years especially, whether or not Keith and Mick are the best of friends there will still be Rolling Stones, because they each need in their own lives what the Stones represent to themselves and the world, rather than needing each other in their lives outside the band. Besides, they each have their own families and friends and hobbies and travels, and when you are in your sixties and seventies life can never be as fraternal as it was in your twenties.

Why is it so important whether they interact onstage or avoid each other because of mutual hatred? They are professional enough not to let personal issues interfere with performance. They still give their fans what they want, and that's all that could ever matter.

True, but it's always better for the kids when mom and dad are getting along. smiling smiley

Date: June 11, 2014 07:58

Rockman
Thicker than thieves ... they'd take a hit for each other any ole day

thumbs up

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 11, 2014 15:55

DoomandGloom
Keith has changed on these last 2 tours. He started out fearful. Everyone wondered if perhaps his brain injury or hand problems would sideline him, Mick was careful with him as well, defiantly keeping his distance giving no quarter for Keith to return to reckless party behavior on stage. Now that Keith is showing a love for music in what may be a completely fresh manner for him, he seems to have regained Mick's trust. When Keith messes up now Mick looks over and smiles his way knowing his mate is putting out an heroic effort. He is a true believer in Keith's future as a guitarist as I am... " Just as long as the guitar plays

excellent post

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: June 15, 2014 07:42

Great answer stone and beside's does any average fan really know what the two think of eachother? How could we? They might have hated eachother's gut's back in the 70's when they made their best stuff and we would never have knowen. And what would you feel for your pal/workmate knowing he screwed your old lady/man? Tend's to create abit of hatred that.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 15, 2014 09:03

DoomandGloom

Everyone wondered if perhaps his brain injury or hand problems would sideline him,

If this is true then the main reason Mick Taylor was brought along was just in case Keith had health problems. Mick Taylor could step in and the concert(s) still be delivered. With all the money and economic activity dependent on it.
In tour negotiations Mick Jagger could say "we have those bases covered". It also helped with the tour insurers

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 15, 2014 10:13

FWIW, and obviously I have no inside knowledge at all, I think the hand problems are far more of an issue than the brain injury. I had a brain aneurysm and am on meds similar to Keith's, and as long as he remembers to take them he shouldn't have any major effects this long after the injury. (But again, I obviously don't know the specifics of his case.)

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 15, 2014 10:56

duke richardson
DoomandGloom

excellent post

Indeed, I completely agree. Perfectly put.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 15, 2014 11:03

They have nothing in common but are stuck in the same corporation and band. They were childhood friends who happened to become very famous. Mick left Keith more than 30 years ago. Read Doxa.

Posted by: KatieGirl ()
Date: June 15, 2014 14:35

Aquamarine
FWIW, and obviously I have no inside knowledge at all, I think the hand problems are far more of an issue than the brain injury. I had a brain aneurysm and am on meds similar to Keith's, and as long as he remembers to take them he shouldn't have any major effects this long after the injury. (But again, I obviously don't know the specifics of his case.)
Stay well Aquamarine! I enjoy your posts. I hope Keith remains in good health too. Love what that man brings to the Stones. (Along with Mick"s irreplaceable voice)

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: June 15, 2014 16:39

Aquamarine
Aquamarine my mum had a small stroke, a few years ago, but thanks to medication she is well again. I think she is on meds similar to Keith plus like him.she smokes and she has a bit of a rebellious attitude. Love her to bits. Take care, stay well and enjoy your favorite band! Always enjoy reading your posts.cool smiley

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 15, 2014 17:51

I am not so sure they were not getting along during the US tour. They seemed fine. I saw them in DC and they were getting along great. I think a lot of the time the "fighting" is hype for the media and for selling more books, tickets, and albums.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 15, 2014 17:53

As is their friendship. They get along to maintain the business they're in.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 15, 2014 19:10

call me a cynic...I sense some covers coming up...who will get the first interviews...how are ticket sales?...they bidding out a big TV or movie deal?..perhaps another mini tour?....it's all grist for the mill.

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: June 15, 2014 19:18

whitem8
I am not so sure they were not getting along during the US tour. They seemed fine. I saw them in DC and they were getting along great. I think a lot of the time the "fighting" is hype for the media and for selling more books, tickets, and albums.

How do you know they were 'getting along great' ?
Did you spend time in their company ?

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: June 16, 2014 10:18

duke richardson
DoomandGloom

excellent post

Great post. Until it descends into a ridiculous fantasy about some imagined "future"..

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: June 16, 2014 21:41

Redhotcarpet
They have nothing in common but are stuck in the same corporation and band. They were childhood friends who happened to become very famous. Mick left Keith more than 30 years ago. Read Doxa.

Mick left Keith huh? Mick kinda saved Keith while Keith was strung out. Wasn;t for Mic, Keith would not be a millionaire a 100 or 200 times over. (and I'm a Keith guy!)

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: June 17, 2014 02:28

Chacal
whitem8

How do you know they were 'getting along great' ?
Did you spend time in their company ?

How do we know if they weren't?
What is the point in talking about this stuff. You only see them for two hours on stage doing their job which has nothing to do with their personal life. It's nothing but wild speculation about a topic which we have no insight on.
Why bother working and traveling around the world together if you don't like each other and there is no financial need to do so. I wouldn't do it if I can do anything I want.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 17, 2014 02:32

His Majesty
Recent events in Micks life probably helped bring them a bit closer.

I think this is what happened. Family pulls together in time of need.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 17, 2014 16:15

michaelsavage
Redhotcarpet

Mick left Keith huh? Mick kinda saved Keith while Keith was strung out. Wasn;t for Mic, Keith would not be a millionaire a 100 or 200 times over. (and I'm a Keith guy!)

good lord I totally agree with you on something.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 17, 2014 16:59

paulywaul
duke richardson
DoomandGloom

excellent post

Indeed, I completely agree. Perfectly put.
second and third that. oh, i'm the fourth. nevermind

Date: June 17, 2014 17:12

DoomandGloom
Keith has changed on these last 2 tours. He started out fearful.
maybe that's the primal observation for understanding Keefs condition. he wasn't sure if he could pull it off like he used to and it took him some time to regain confidence. i mean, i didn't see 2012 (except PPV Newark) but at Hyde Park 1 i wasn't even sure if he had any fun. at times he looked like he was in pain. you won't see that in the movie, though. the SMU intro certainly didn't help the overall impression. Now he oozes confidence, striking some signature poses and f*cking up SMU regularly, seemingly on purpose. i didn't even hope to see him like that anymore. it's actually just as unreal as Micks physical condition.

Posted by: TurkuStonesFan ()
Date: June 17, 2014 17:22

I don't know them but I've read all the books and bios and it seems to me that no matter the physical abilities it was probably Mick's recent personal life that has brought their brotherhood out in the open again.

I won't go into who saved who over the years but my guess as a longtime fan is that as time, and tears, go by they have always been there for each other and the band. Recent events have probably reminded them of how special their bond is with one another.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: June 17, 2014 17:23

Yep. On some occasions in 2007 (Njmegen, Werchter, Helsinki) it really seemed he lost it for good. But you can never write him off, can't you?

Date: June 17, 2014 17:42

Wild Slivovitz
Yep. On some occasions in 2007 (Njmegen, Werchter, Helsinki) it really seemed he lost it for good. But you can never write him off, can't you?
he definitely made me eat my words from last year on this year's tour.
in 07 i saw Düsseldorf and Hamburg. he wasn't lost or anything,
but he was in no way like this:

i know i already posted that elsewhere, it's just...
i find it so beautiful

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-17 17:44 by Nikkei.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2310
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home