Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Does any video footage from inside Nellcote 1971 exist?
Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: March 17, 2011 10:14

Recently someone told me that Bill Wyman has film footage of Nellcote from 1971. Anyone know if there is any truth to that?

Re: Does any video footage from inside Nellcote 1971 exist?
Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: March 17, 2011 10:24

I seem to recall reading that on here a couple of times last year, when people were wondering if some of the footage in Stones In Exile came from Bill's films.

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: March 17, 2011 10:36

Have never seen any sad smiley The stuff in "Stones in Exile" is reenactment.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 17, 2011 10:37

bustedtrousers
I seem to recall reading that on here a couple of times last year, when people were wondering if some of the footage in Stones In Exile came from Bill's films.

But there is no footage of the Stones in France other than Jagger's wedding. In the Exile film it all was a collage of stills. All footage pretending to be 1971 was newly shot, like the switching-on of a mid-'70's Ampeg SVT head.

Mathijs

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: March 17, 2011 10:40

with all the alleged drug use i doubt keith would of allowed much filming

Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: March 17, 2011 10:42

ghostryder13
with all the alleged drug use i doubt keith would of allowed much filming

Robert Frank would say otherwise.

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: March 17, 2011 13:45

Mathijs
bustedtrousers

But there is no footage of the Stones in France other than Jagger's wedding. In the Exile film it all was a collage of stills. All footage pretending to be 1971 was newly shot, like the switching-on of a mid-'70's Ampeg SVT head.

Mathijs

I didn't say the footage in Exile was real. I said I seemed to recall at least a couple of people wondering early on if the footage was real, and if it came from Bill. If I'm wrong, and that was never talked about like I remember, I apologize. I never meant to imply that the footage in the film was real, or that any film shot by Bill, or anyone else, actually exists.

Does anyone else remember that being discussed?

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 17, 2011 13:52

Some one who was there probably took some Super 8 and unless it was stored properly it'll be lost now.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 17, 2011 17:09

I asked D. Tarlé about the possibility of setting an in-house video system in the basement of Nellcote and he looked at me as if I was nuts... so the answer is no.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1603
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home