Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: New Justin Hayward album
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 9, 2014 03:26

In Your Blue Eyes
by Justin Hayward

Across the sky so clear so frozen
And the sea so green so grey
I turn to face a new tomorrow
But darkest fears still haunt today

But stars exploding in the sky
And the I see my face appearing
In your blue eyes

I only live when you’re beside me
Only cry when your away
And if you leave I will be broken
Like a fool my heart gives way

Stars exploding in the sky
In your blue eyes, in your blue eyes

And now I ride into the sunrise
Now I kneel before your door
I only pray that you’ll receive me
And open wide your glorious halls

In your blue eyes

I touch your skin so soft and tender
Touch your mouth as you let go
And then I watch as you surrender
Take you down to heaven below

Re: OT: New Justin Hayward album
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 9, 2014 05:15

The album has been out for over a year. There is a live DVD of his solo perfomance coming out soon.

The CD has some of his best work. But there are some alternative mixes and rereleases that could of been omitted.

if you want to see one of the greatest songwriters of all time see Hayward solo. He is touring on his own and also with The Moody Blues. Hayward to this day is still a hidden treasure.

If you looking for another good solo effort View From The Hill would be it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-09 05:16 by More Hot Rocks.

Date: April 9, 2014 05:18

Nostradamus by Justin Hayward

Date: April 9, 2014 07:37

(Verse)
Isn’t it a strange world?
With you and me
Gazing at each other
Through a misty scene of what might have been

(Verse)
Dreaming of the green hills
Where we could fly
Listening to the night bird
That made us cry with its lullaby

(Chorus 1)
But we’ll overcome
And stand on the heights
And we’ll be together
In our dreams

(Verse)
As we look around us
The world goes on
We’re strangers in a strange land
Tryna find where we don’t belong

(Verse)
Shadows in the darkness
Just passing through
(Just passing through)
Now that I have found you
I realize what I got to do
(I realize what I got to do)

(Chorus 2 x2)
But we’ll overcome
And stand on the heights
And we’ll be together
In the end

(Verse)
Out on the horizon
The west wind sighs
(The west wind sighs)
A beautiful adventure
Waiting there in the western sky
(Waiting there in the western sky)

(Verse)
Bring me some redemption
Take me home
(Take me home)
Take me where my heart lies
Now I know that I’m not alone

(Chorus 1)
But we’ll overcome
And stand on the heights
And we’ll be together
In our dreams

In the end
In our dreams
(In our dreams, in the end)
(In our dreams)
In the end
(In the end, in our dreams, in the end)

Date: April 9, 2014 09:21

i was actually shocked and thought he released another album that quickly. this was a great album and justin shows he still has it

Date: April 9, 2014 09:27

Well, it's new to me, and likely new to a lot of folks here. I mean, what's one year when you consider a career spanning nearly 50 years? It's newish, his newest, and last year isn't so old just yet. smiling smiley

Date: April 9, 2014 11:45

More Hot Rocks
The album has been out for over a year. There is a live DVD of his solo perfomance coming out soon.

The CD has some of his best work. But there are some alternative mixes and rereleases that could of been omitted.

if you want to see one of the greatest songwriters of all time see Hayward solo. He is touring on his own and also with The Moody Blues. Hayward to this day is still a hidden treasure.

any news of this dvd?

I recommend his 70s solo albums over anything he did after that

Date: April 9, 2014 13:00

Here's a live acoustic take on the song The Western Sky during the Moody Blues Cruise from March 2013.

Date: April 9, 2014 15:40

keefriffhard4life
More Hot Rocks

any news of this dvd?

So here's an update from Justin himself taken from a recent interview:

Mettler: Great news. And you’re working on a live Blu-ray and DVD from your 2013 solo tour, right?

Hayward: Yes. I’ve mixed all of the sound, most of the pictures are mixed, and we’re doing a sleeve for it. I’m going to use the same photographer who did my Spirits of the Western Sky album [Marcus Way]. It was a real joy, and a labor of love. I’ve been working with Mike Dawes, who’s just a sensational guitar player. I have to let him do his own half hour before I come on, because you have to see him and hear him. I’m just waiting to see the bonus footage now, because the director had about 8 hours of it, and he’s got to get that down to an hour. It should be out in the next couple of months

Posted by: deeppurple ()
Date: April 9, 2014 19:14

Long time MB fan. This is a great album. I saw him solo and with the MBs last year. Having seen them through the years, I still feel that are one of the best bands from the Golden Era. One thing that amazed me was how hard they rocked during there shows. A side we really never heard on their albums. Maybe I should say their albums never capture that side of them. They are fantastic musicians.

Date: April 9, 2014 23:32

More Hot Rocks
keefriffhard4life
More Hot Rocks

any news of this dvd?

So here's an update from Justin himself taken from a recent interview:

Mettler: Great news. And you’re working on a live Blu-ray and DVD from your 2013 solo tour, right?

Hayward: Yes. I’ve mixed all of the sound, most of the pictures are mixed, and we’re doing a sleeve for it. I’m going to use the same photographer who did my Spirits of the Western Sky album [Marcus Way]. It was a real joy, and a labor of love. I’ve been working with Mike Dawes, who’s just a sensational guitar player. I have to let him do his own half hour before I come on, because you have to see him and hear him. I’m just waiting to see the bonus footage now, because the director had about 8 hours of it, and he’s got to get that down to an hour. It should be out in the next couple of months

thank you

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: April 10, 2014 01:10

I hadn't heard the Nostradamus tune before... I really like that one! Maybe the best thing I have heard from him in many years. Who is on flute? I was hesitant to hear much of this album when it came out last year because so much of the Moodies' stuff has been really cheesily produced since about 1986 and while I am a HUGE fan of the golden era Moodies, and even some of the late 70's and early 80's stuff, it just kills me to hear the pop production of their later material. But this song is a real accomplishment, really nice. I may have to check out the whole album now... The other two tunes were alright, I suppose, but this one is great! Thanks for sharing. Oh, and I have always thought those Moodies cruises looked like a blast!! Thanks for posting that bit!

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: April 10, 2014 03:25

Seen the Moody Blues last year. GREAT!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-10 03:26 by RockinJive.

Date: April 10, 2014 03:27

Nostradamus was released on Hayward's first solo album SONGWRITER in 1977. The Moody Blues had somewhat parted ways from late 74 to early 78. Before that in 1975 Hayward and Moody Blues bassist John Lodge had recorded BLUE JAYS together. There are some outstanding Hayward tracks on the album too.

Hayward used members of the band Trapeze and Providence for recording Songwriter. No one is credited for flute. Might be a keyboard?

Here's another one from Songwriter.

Date: April 10, 2014 03:37

Question solo

One of my favorite Moody Blues songs

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 10, 2014 03:44

Never heard of him, did he work with the Stones?

Date: April 10, 2014 04:02

I used to own the solo album Night Flight on vinyl, which happened through his involvement with the War of the Worlds soundtrack, a Jeff Wayne project. Wayne produced and arranged the Night Flight album and also has two songwriting co-credits, including the title track, on which he plays piano. Hayward himself wrote only 4 of the 10 tracks. The album was released in 1980.

A Face in the Crowd, one of the songs he wrote for the album.

Crazy Lovers, another song he wrote for the album.

Nearer To You, written by Justin Hayward.

The hit song Forever Autumn that Hayward sang from the War of the Worlds soundtrack was also a Jeff Wayne co-write, and a live version appears on the 2004 CD reissue of Night Flight. The clip below is from Top of the Pops, July 20, 1978.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1682
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home