Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT ~ Record Store Day
Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: March 14, 2011 23:34

Hi this year Record Store Day is on April 16th . Was wondering if anybody has any information regarding what is to be released this year . If you've got a list or a link please post . Thanks smiling smiley

Re: OT ~ Record Store Day
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 14, 2011 23:41

Stones item will be Brown Sugar...Bitch...Let It Rock 7" vinyl replica

ROCKMAN

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 14, 2011 23:46

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: March 15, 2011 07:07

I went to a vinyl shop on last year's record store day to get the 7" vinyl single of PLUNDERED MY SOUL, and the clerk said, "We probably sold that first thing this morning."

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 15, 2011 08:54

Record Store Day! There's only second hand stores left in Stockholm. In which cities do you celebrate this day?

2 1 2 0

Date: March 15, 2011 13:37

Thanks for the links guys .

To Come On

The link that Sweetcharmedlife provided gives information to cities within the USA .I don't know how to access info to European cities .

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: March 15, 2011 13:57

recordstoreday is an us thing, though last year it also happened in london

Date: March 15, 2011 14:12

OK thanks, seems like I have to travel a little...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: martinw ()
Date: March 15, 2011 17:26

Thankfully Record Store Day is not just a US thing (and never has been!)...go to the link provided by sweetcharmedlife and click on 'International Search' to find participating stores in the rest of the world...

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 15, 2011 18:02

Never heard of it, and that link doesn't explain what it is all about confused smiley

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 15, 2011 18:09

The original idea for Record Store Day was conceived by Chris Brown, and was founded in 2007 by Eric Levin, Michael Kurtz, Carrie Colliton, Amy Dorfman, Don Van Cleave and Brian Poehner as a celebration of the unique culture surrounding over 700 independently owned record stores in the USA, and hundreds of similar stores internationally.

This is the one day that all of the independently owned record stores come together with artists to celebrate the art of music. Special vinyl and CD releases and various promotional products are made exclusively for the day and hundreds of artists in the United States and in various countries across the globe make special appearances and performances. Festivities include performances, cook-outs, body painting, meet & greets with artists, parades, djs spinning records and on and on. Metallica officially kicked off Record Store Day at Rasputin Music in San Francisco on April 19, 2008 and Record Store Day is now celebrated the third Saturday every April.

Record Store Day is currently managed by Eric Levin, Michael Kurtz, Melanie Nipper, and Carrie Colliton. Folks wanting to contact Record Store Day are encouraged to email us at information@recordstoreday.com

Posted by: R ()
Date: March 15, 2011 20:23

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-15 20:30 by R.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 15, 2011 21:15

I'm from Vancouver and we had several independent stores that 'observed' record store day last year.

It was great, depending on the store, they had live music, lots of 'like-minded' vinyl lovers, and all those cool new releases or rereleases.

I picked meself up a John Lennon 'bag' of 3 or 4 singles, and 'several' copies of PMS.

I think I thought I was cornering the market when I had heard they were releasing only 1000 numbered copies worldwide.

Of course, 1000 became 5000, or even more, and that doesn't take into account the 'unnumbered' copies they simultaneously released!

Date: March 15, 2011 21:44

I think I thought I was cornering the market when I had heard they were releasing only 1000 numbered copies worldwide.
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ha Ha Ha , I did the same thing . I've got 25 copies of PMS . You can get more than you paid for them on ebay if you're willing to sell . Me , I'm keepin' 'em .

[shop.ebay.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-15 21:46 by boston2006.

Date: March 15, 2011 22:04

boston2006
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ha Ha Ha , I did the same thing . I've got 25 copies of PMS . You can get more than you paid for them on ebay if you're willing to sell . Me , I'm keepin' 'em .

[shop.ebay.com]

wow, you're obsessed! I only bought 10 copies! >grinning smiley<

Date: March 15, 2011 22:22

treaclefingers
boston2006
++++++++++++++++++++++++

[shop.ebay.com]

My middle initials are O.C.D. winking smiley

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: March 16, 2011 01:17

I LOVE record store day. I just wish people would use their lcoal record store more than one day a year

Date: March 16, 2011 03:11

boston2006
treaclefingers
boston2006
++++++++++++++++++++++++

[shop.ebay.com]

My middle initials are O.C.D. winking smiley

Me too! I thought that at least if I damaged the first 9 copies, I'd at least have a 10th 'clean' copy.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: March 16, 2011 04:44

I tried to buy 5 copies of Plundered My Soul and was told by the clerk only one per person. Those of you that got multiple copies were lucky.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 16, 2011 05:27

RSbestbandever .... take 4 friends with ya next time

ROCKMAN

Posted by: yorkey ()
Date: March 16, 2011 11:47

Forgive my noobish-ness, but Why would you want 4 copies of PMS? Surely one would suffice?

You got the Sun, You got the Moon,
and you've got
The Rolling Stones

Date: March 16, 2011 12:00

One for the wall, one for the record-player, one for the safety-box and another one to be sure...smoking smiley

Don't everybody buys at least 4 ex of Stones-records here? confused smiley

2 1 2 0

Date: March 17, 2011 00:16

Come On
One for the wall, one for the record-player, one for the safety-box and another one to be sure...smoking smiley

Don't everybody buys at least 4 ex of Stones-records here? confused smiley

NO...I don't have any copies of any of their albums or singles, where I only have 4 copies. smileys with beer

Date: March 21, 2011 17:15

They've posted what is to be released this year .

[www.recordstoreday.com]

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: March 21, 2011 17:27

boston2006
They've posted what is to be released this year .

[www.recordstoreday.com]

This link took me to the list of releases from last year's "Black Friday" Record Store Day, which was the day after Thanksgiving.

On the Record Store Day home page it says the list for this year is "Coming Soon".

Date: March 21, 2011 19:29

Oops , you're absolutely correct , my mistake .sad smiley
I'll keep checking on it though .>grinning smiley<

Posted by: OhNoNotMeAgain ()
Date: March 21, 2011 19:36

Date: March 21, 2011 19:44

Thanks !!

Date: March 21, 2011 21:11

OhNoNotMeAgain
[www.vvinyl.com]

Man...I hate this. Another HAVE TO HAVE, which will have me lining up in the morning rain in about 3 weeks, waiting for the store to open.

Date: March 21, 2011 21:32

Won't it be fun ??

Maybe it'll be snowing like it is here today .

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2029
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home