Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
April Fools: Bill Wyman to join the Rolling Stones in Europe
Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 1, 2014 12:40

Bill Wyman will join the Stones on their tour in Europe. It was supposed to be a big surprise, but Bill Wyman broke the news in a blog on his web site [www.billwymandetector.com] . Born 24-October 1936, Bill Wyman is the oldest member of the Rolling Stones, now at age 77. Originally bass player of the Stones from the beginning in 1962, Bill Wyman quit the Rolling Stones in 1993, but he returned as guest player on bass for the shows at the O2 Arena in London 25th and 29th of November 2012.

Bill Wyman will spend the time between shows doing his favorite activity metal detecting. As he does not fly, he will use ground transportation between shows. Distances are relatively short in Europe, and he will benefit from discounted rates on most train systems including France and Germany.

There have been talks about a guest spot with a performance of "In Another Land", a song Bill Wyman performed with the Stones on their 1967 album "Their Satanic Majesties Request", but they would need to decide that during the Oslo rehearsals in May.

If you know great places for metal detecting and you live in a city the Stones will visit this summer, feel free to post details here, so that Bill Wyman will have first hand information.

PS. Before you book your flights around Europe to follow Bill, please check the calendar for today's date...

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-01 16:38 by bv.

Re: Bill Wyman to join the Rolling Stones in Europe
Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: April 1, 2014 12:42

bv
Bill Wyman will join the Stones on their tour in Europe. It was supposed to be a big surprise, but Bill Wyman broke the news in a blog on his web site [www.billwymandetector.com] . Born 24-October 1936, Bill Wyman is the oldest member of the Rolling Stones, now at age 77. Originally bass player of the Stones from the beginning in 1962, Bill Wyman quit the Rolling Stones in 1993, but he returned as guest player on bass for the shows at the O2 Arena in London 25th and 29th of November 2012.

Bill Wyman will spend the time between shows doing his favorite activity metal detecting. As he does not fly, he will use ground transportation between shows. Distances are relatively short in Europe, and he will benefit from discounted rates on most train systems including France and Germany.

There have been talks about a guest spot with a performance of "In Another Land", a song Bill Wyman performed with the Stones on their 1967 album "Their Satanic Majesties Request", but they would need to decide that during the Oslo rehearsals in May.

If you know great places for metal detecting and you live in a city the Stones will visit this summer, feel free to post details here, so that Bill Wyman will have first hand information.

Will he be joining the gig in London on April 1st?

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: April 1, 2014 12:45

Not funny moody smiley

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: April 1, 2014 12:45

And there will be a lot of club shows....

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 1, 2014 12:48

MAF
And there will be a lot of club shows....

...at least one in Richmond...

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: April 1, 2014 12:51

I heard that they're gonna play Exile On Main Street in it's entirety with Wyman and Taylor,too!

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: April 1, 2014 12:52

And what about a session in Redlands?

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: April 1, 2014 12:54

I almost believed it!
Great one!
thumbs up

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: April 1, 2014 12:56

Funny!

April - April - April

and in May Bill will swim to Oslo-Rehearsals....

Posted by: NEWMAN ()
Date: April 1, 2014 12:56

Would actually be REALLY funny if he did join and proved you wrong....

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 1, 2014 12:57

And for these shows, Darryl Jones will be brought on as a special guest--for 2 songs only!

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: April 1, 2014 12:57

Last time he was interviewed my understanding was that he didn't want to play with them as it was only one of two songs and it wouldn't be worth all the effort? maybe I got it wrong but he sounded a little bitter to me.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: April 1, 2014 12:59

Bastion
Not funny moody smiley

Definitely, for a second I even beleived it!

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: April 1, 2014 13:00

Well that's "perked" us all up !!

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: April 1, 2014 13:01

I also almost believed. Not nice from BV.

Posted by: rockstones ()
Date: April 1, 2014 13:02

play list for BILL:live with me,in another land,fingerprint file,midnight rambler,monkey grip,miss you,emotional rescue, apache woman

Posted by: OnlyKeef ()
Date: April 1, 2014 13:03

smiling smiley

Posted by: OnlyKeef ()
Date: April 1, 2014 13:04

smiling smiley ahahahahah !!!

Date: April 1, 2014 13:06

billwymandetector? LOL! grinning smiley

Posted by: rollingrichard ()
Date: April 1, 2014 13:11

"Discount rates on trains"- then my eyes were opened....!

A good one !

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: April 1, 2014 13:18

AHHHHHH YA GOT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smileys with beer

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 1, 2014 13:22

No fair BV, I haven't even had my coffee yet...yeah, he got me too, for a minute. The metal detecting gave it away, should have said he'd be opening a chain of Sticky Fingers throughout Europe. grinning smiley

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: April 1, 2014 13:26

bv

If you know great places for metal detecting and you live in a city the Stones will visit this summer, feel free to p
Post details here, so that Bill Wyman will have first hand information.

cool smiley

When he is watching the pinkpop festival, I would recommend him to visit a small place called Amby, one of the the oldest villages in Holland (1000 BC), near Maastricht. Lots of Roman an medieval coins, bullets etc to be found in that region, till date.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 1, 2014 13:28

For a minute....................just a minute, while I looked at the website and nothing there,I was taken in.

Nice one BV. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 1, 2014 13:28

thumbs up Bravo Bjornulf!

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: April 1, 2014 13:31

April April tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: beno ()
Date: April 1, 2014 13:58

Yes, the cheap train part was too much to believe...

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 1, 2014 14:04

stonehearted
And for these shows, Darryl Jones will be brought on as a special guest--for 2 songs only!

No no - he'll be playing under the stage. Together with Blondie...

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: April 1, 2014 14:10

Nice one! Had me going for a bit there.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 1, 2014 14:15

bv

Not Funny BV, im gonna report this to the moderator. If you do this again, you will be banned !!!
Jeroen

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1374
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home