Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Now I´m more relaxed about Viagogo & other scalper platforms!
Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: March 29, 2014 12:30

Always had the feeling that those scalper-sites like Viagogo & Co own half of the tickets for each show of this tour.
But I isn´t true.
When we look at Stade de France for example 80.000 tickets were sold yesterday at 10.30.
I counted this morning the amount tickets available at viagogo for Stade of France: 2334.

80.000 to 2334 I can live with that.
Because it means that 97% of the tickets in Paris went direct to real fans.

In any other city it is nearly the same. Stockholm for instance: 45.000 tickets sold. 1524 available at Viagogo = 97% tickets in fans hands.

Re: Now I´m more relaxed about Viagogo & other scalper platforms!
Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: March 29, 2014 12:35

Well - people can list their tickets for sale also one week from now, or a month from now. Many would actually do that.

Date: March 29, 2014 12:43

caschimann

When we look at Stade de France for example 80.000 tickets were sold yesterday at 10.30.
I counted this morning the amount tickets available at viagogo for Stade of France: 2334.

The problem is that most of those 3% are pelouse VIP or pelouse or.

Date: March 29, 2014 12:53

Jumpinjackflash59
caschimann

The problem is that most of those 3% are pelouse VIP or pelouse or.

No: only 68 tickets are prelouse Vip tickets out of 2334.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 29, 2014 13:29

I watched some of the viagogo expose video that was posted around here.

Question I have is, is it illegal when the production company allocates tickets to these secondary ticket selling sites?

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: March 29, 2014 13:38

Nice relaxing infos.
An other one from France Info : the number of tickets sold for the pitch (VIP, Or and 3rd category) remains TOP SECRET!!

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: March 29, 2014 14:11

Well if you think the promoters and the sellers are not in connected ,next time you buy a ticket from one of these so called re sale sites ,ask the people all around you and wonder why that section is all from re sale site.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 29, 2014 23:23

caschimann

I know what you're saying, but don't forget that the other 3% of tickets will go to real fans too--maybe even bigger fans, because they're so desperate to go to the show they've paid the huge mark-up that these sites ask. winking smiley (That's been me occasionally--although I hate to do it, I hate to miss out on the show even more.)

Date: March 30, 2014 13:12

Aquamarine
caschimann

I know what you're saying, but don't forget that the other 3% of tickets will go to real fans too--maybe even bigger fans, because they're so desperate to go to the show they've paid the huge mark-up that these sites ask. winking smiley (That's been me occasionally--although I hate to do it, I hate to miss out on the show even more.)

Right.
In 2003 also I paid a shitload of money to get A1 at Twickenham.
And so in MSG Jan. 18th 2003.
And at the BB-World Tour Opening August 23rd 2005 at Fenway Park.
(And it was always worth it a 100 times)
But all I wanted to show is that tours - incl. this one today - are not in hands of scalpers.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 30, 2014 14:33

caschimann
Always had the feeling that those scalper-sites like Viagogo & Co own half of the tickets for each show of this tour.
But I isn´t true.

In any other city it is nearly the same. Stockholm for instance: 45.000 tickets sold. 1524 available at Viagogo = 97% tickets in fans hands.

Viagogo are far from the only company re-selling tickets at inflated prices

OT: UK anti-scalping petition
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 30, 2014 17:34

UK website Scarlet Mist can be a good place to buy tickets at face value and, for anyone interested, it now has a link to a petition for something to be done about ticket-touting. They are right that NOTHING is being done about this situation, which has been allowed to grow and grow and, as we all know, is now really out of hand.

[www.scarletmist.com]

TOUT OUT! End The Plague Of Secondary Ticketing

Responsible department: Department for Culture, Media and Sport

This petition calls on the government to make illegal the re-sale of tickets to cultural events for profit. The findings of the 2007 Select Committee on the benefits of the secondary ticketing market in the UK are not, for the most part, in question. However, the suggestion that competition (in the secondary market) leads to lower prices for consumers is absurd and quite incendiary. Regrettably, it is now inevitable that ‘big’ cultural events sell out in a matter of minutes on the primary market only to appear for re-sale on the secondary market at obscene mark-up. This parasitical practice is wholly exploitative: in an era when pressure mounts on governments worldwide to pass anti-piracy laws, NOTHING is being done to prevent big business and private individuals from ‘ripping off’ performers and YOU, the fan, for THEIR OWN material gain. Enough is enough.

[epetitions.direct.gov.uk]

What are e-petitions?

e-petitions are an easy, personal way for you to influence government and Parliament in the UK. You can create an e-petition about anything that the government is responsible for and if it gets at least 100,000 signatures, it will be considered for debate in the House of Commons.

[epetitions.direct.gov.uk]

Re: OT: UK anti-scalping petition
Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: March 30, 2014 20:46

when are people going to realise that this is controlled by the promoters with the tacit colusion of the artists,its not a few guys trying to make a quick profit its part of the system

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1773
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home