Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
US Tour Fall 2014?
Posted by: mickandkeith1981 ()
Date: March 14, 2014 15:08

What does everyone think the chances are of a US Fall tour?

Re: US Tour Fall 2014?
Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: March 14, 2014 15:17

They better. Yhe US is their home, esp Mad Sq Garden!

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: March 14, 2014 15:23

BV hinted sometimes at that and if they do South America in October/November, they will sure add some 5 - 8 shows in US as well.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 14, 2014 15:27

michaelsavage
Yhe US is their home, esp Mad Sq Garden!

Ha ha - dream on.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 14, 2014 15:36

mickandkeith1981
What does everyone think the chances are of a US Fall tour?

Not happening, unless a South American tour planned for then falls by the wayside (unlikely)

Not unfeasible they could play a couple of lucrative gigs there to maximise the revenue for that leg though.

Date: March 14, 2014 15:38

michaelsavage
They better. Yhe US is their home, esp Mad Sq Garden!

Theyve played Tokyo Dome now more than theyve ever played the Garden.

I say they should go back to Japan! Ten nights at the Big Egg - their 'home'.

Date: March 14, 2014 15:38

You dreaming...NYC is their home.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 14, 2014 15:40

Very LATE Fall - November/early December = quite likely.

Cannot give any info yet.

smoking smiley

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 14, 2014 15:40

Saw many a great concert at MSG back in the 70's, Jethro Tull, ELP, Yes, Sly and the Family Stone, and would love to see the Stones play there again.

Date: March 14, 2014 15:46

Cocaine Eyes
Very LATE Fall - November/early December = quite likely.

Cannot give any info yet.

smoking smiley

I do not doubt this. I just cannot see them NOT playing Mad Sq Garden a few more times before they hang it up for good.

Date: March 14, 2014 15:53

michaelsavage

Ooh I got a bite. Yes, it sure is as they all live there. smoking smiley

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 14, 2014 15:58

And don't forget about Toronto in Canada!

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: March 14, 2014 16:02

From what I heard at the Macau show the Stones crew are working with U2 next. Can't see them doing another round of the US after last year.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 14, 2014 16:07

Back to the USA? Haven't they already been there on the "50th and Counting" tour? I wonder how long they can go on milking it without a new "concept" before it becomes embarrassing...the fact that more and more promoters need to have their ear bent to put up the show/cash and that they resort to playing festivals for a lower fee but with the guarantee of a huge audience is a bit of a warning sign, no?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: MJRocksoff ()
Date: March 14, 2014 16:10

The way another US Tour Works is to release A BRAND NEW ALBUM. It's time as ABB was 9 years ago. They can do this!!!

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: March 14, 2014 16:17

It would be nice but I don't see it.

Germany....here I come!

Posted by: stones40 ()
Date: March 14, 2014 16:19

No further gigs in America or U.K. as they are already over exposed from staging concerts there in 2012 & 2013.
With the |Stones demands at $5.0m per gig not being met they have already had to compromise
and reduce their concert fee considerably.
After the 15 gig European tour the only market that they can realistically target is South America.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 14, 2014 16:34

stones40
No further gigs in America or U.K. as they are already over exposed from staging concerts there in 2012 & 2013.
With the |Stones demands at $5.0m per gig not being met they have already had to compromise
After the 15 gig European tour the only market that they can realistically target is South America.

A perfectly reasonable assumption I'd have thought.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: marko ()
Date: March 14, 2014 16:41

2015 at the earliest IF they ever tour again.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 14, 2014 16:43

gotdablouse
Back to the USA? Haven't they already been there on the "50th and Counting" tour? I wonder how long they can go on milking it without a new "concept" before it becomes embarrassing...the fact that more and more promoters need to have their ear bent to put up the show/cash and that they resort to playing festivals for a lower fee but with the guarantee of a huge audience is a bit of a warning sign, no?

I don't know about the first part of your post..(you know more than me)...promoters etc but regarding the festivals, I got the feeling after hearing Mick & Keith talking about Glastonbury & Hyde Park that they genuinely enjoyed themselves ..esp. Mick...so, personally I'm not surprised they are up for more even though the pay is less.......

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 14, 2014 17:16

Well I mostly know what I read here, so not much really, but there is a bit of a pattern since the end of 2012 with promoters just "taking a pass"...anyway, yes, they clearly still enjoy performing if not they wouldn't bother, so it makes sense that with a guaranteed massive audience they'll accept a lower fee...that they don't need at the end of the day.

I think the whole "money thing" has a lot to do with "pride" and, as someone put it last year here, in show business, the one who charges the most is "right". Signing up for (at least) two festivals means they can keep the show on the road and continue negotiating for "their" shows where they have to worry about pricing not to play to half-empty stadiums. I'm sure that if there was a festival at the "Stade de France" in June, it would already be a done deal.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: March 14, 2014 17:17

They left the southeast US completely put last time. This is the origins of their music! They should come back to the US and hit the southeast!

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 14, 2014 17:20

michaelsavage

I thought Toronto was their home.

Date: March 14, 2014 17:34

Nope. New York. But you are close!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 14, 2014 17:51

I don't want to be a party killer, but before they did the Brooklyn/Newark and half a year later summer US/Canada tour, how many years was it since they toured North America? I think it was Nov 2006, Vancouver, right? It took them six years to return.

They have a "missing link" with Miami, Atlanta, Houston, Seattle, Vancouver, so I would not be surprised they do another round at some point, including a few big apple shows too, but first I think they want to rediscover South America.

Bjornulf

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 14, 2014 17:52

stones40

I think the pattern of shorter tours of 12 to 18 shows several times per year within a specific region will continue until they decide to stop altogether. This is what Paul McCartney has been doing successfully for the last decade - although unlike the Stones he has also released several new recordings which he was promoting. It's not unrealistic to think they could return to the US later this year and play some of the cities they skipped in 2012/13. South America is another possibility although that could also be in early 2015.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-14 18:35 by TornAndFried.

Date: March 14, 2014 17:57

bv
I don't want to be a party killer, but before they did the Brooklyn/Newark and half a year later summer US/Canada tour, how many years was it since they toured North America? I think it was Nov 2006, Vancouver, right? It took them six years to return.

They have a "missing link" with Miami, Atlanta, Houston, Seattle, Vancouver, so I would not be surprised they do another round at some point, including a few big apple shows too, but first I think they want to rediscover South America.

Miami would be fun

Date: March 14, 2014 18:02

paulywaul
stones40

A perfectly reasonable assumption I'd have thought.

They'll do very well to get $5 million a gig in South America!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 14, 2014 18:04

michaelsavage
Nope. New York. But you are close!

Sorry michaelsavage but it is Toronto. Its a European like city.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 14, 2014 18:16

In SA the fact that they cannot charge as much per head/fan will be balanced with the factor they can fill huge places (80000+).
So all in all the 5M per show demand might be satisfied there...

And they might cater to the SA "nouveau riche" upper-crust that'll be willing to pay US/EU prices that 500$ a pop. That's 2000 people per show you can put in an oversized tongue pit. thumbs up

I'm sure Jagger's watching closely how tix for the Futbol World Cup go and at what price... smoking smiley

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1826
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home