Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Singapore on TV?
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 15, 2014 14:42

There was a message on Facebook saying "If you're watching the Singapore broadcast, you never know who you'll meet", or something to that effect. Is it being broadcast on tv somewhere?

JumpingKentFlash

Re: Singapore on TV?
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 15, 2014 14:45

I got the jonesesees.... bad

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 15, 2014 14:51

There is a screen outside of the arena, I believe.

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: March 15, 2014 14:52

JumpingKentFlash
There was a message on Facebook saying "If you're watching the Singapore broadcast, you never know who you'll meet", or something to that effect. Is it being broadcast on tv somewhere?

I think that refers to the broadcast outside the hotel and that the Stones came there to welcome the fans.

I guess they couldn't use all the video screens inside because of the low ceiling and decided to put one up outside, which is a very nice move

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-15 14:54 by firebird.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 15, 2014 15:00

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: March 15, 2014 15:11

and who are people outside supposed to meet?

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: March 15, 2014 15:14

eachother ....

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 15, 2014 15:16

Darn, would have been great for someone to stream the video on uStream or even the audio on Spreaker or something like that :-(

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: March 15, 2014 15:18

Adams
and who are people outside supposed to meet?

Maybe those 4 guys from Great Britain talking to them just before the show?

[instagram.com]

Date: March 15, 2014 15:25

Singapore is an interesting place, I guess it is a country/state/city all in one. I'd love to hear more about it. I always wonder how places like this came to be.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 15, 2014 15:30

Max, it was part of Malaysia, and in 1964 was granted independence (it was also a former English colony and a major British defeat at the hands of the Japanese in WWII). Through a single party political system and a very tightly controlled social program, the country has emerged to be one of the highest functioning governments in Southeast Asia. Corruption is very low, standard of living is quite high, and the city works. However, it did come at a cost. Personal liberties and expression are controlled, a massive influx of ex-pats has driven up the cost of living and many locals do not enjoy the same level of quality of life as expats. It is an interesting country that often feels a bit sterile, but adventure can be found if you look hard enough.

Date: March 15, 2014 15:36

whitem8
Max, it was part of Malaysia, and in 1964 was granted independence (it was also a former English colony and a major British defeat at the hands of the Japanese in WWII). Through a single party political system and a very tightly controlled social program, the country has emerged to be one of the highest functioning governments in Southeast Asia. Corruption is very low, standard of living is quite high, and the city works. However, it did come at a cost. Personal liberties and expression are controlled, a massive influx of ex-pats has driven up the cost of living and many locals do not enjoy the same level of quality of life as expats. It is an interesting country that often feels a bit sterile, but adventure can be found if you look hard enough.
Thank you very much for that information

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1832
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home