Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: 80+ John Mayall - Touring like a youngster
Posted by: MGetzner ()
Date: February 19, 2014 17:40

Don't know if this has been posted before.

John Mayall is again on tour, but this schedule seems to be like one for triathlon athlets:
[www.johnmayall.com]

If you are not in Abu Dhabi (or elsewhere with the Stones), go see the legend!

Cheers
Michael

Re: OT: 80+ John Mayall - Touring like a youngster
Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: February 19, 2014 20:06

Mayall does not get the love he deserves. You can buy a signed photo of him on his website for $3 U.S. and $5 International. What other artist basically gives away an autographed photo that cheap?

Posted by: KalleBlom ()
Date: February 19, 2014 20:24

I totally agree with you, oldschollsmileys with beer
Like to see Mayall in Münster, Germany, quite nice for a beer or two.

Love hurts - when you know what I mean

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: February 19, 2014 20:56

The turning point was a great lp

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: February 19, 2014 21:12

Seen him yesterday and it was un-effing-believable!!! Brilliant show, great setlist, fantastic shape and performance. thumbs up

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: February 19, 2014 21:51

If he tours the States again, I hope to go. Seen him twice but worth seeing again.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 19, 2014 23:50

If he tours the States again, I hope to go.

Me too, lettingitbleed. I saw him a few summers ago, he opened for Buddy Guy. He sounded and looked great.

Posted by: BlondeOnBonds ()
Date: February 20, 2014 01:17

IMO,he's awful! A notch or two above Dave Matthews which ain't saying much.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: February 20, 2014 01:26

Always loved Mayall, still have an old cassette tape (remember those?), hey, another day just hit me....smileys with beer

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 20, 2014 06:43

Mick Taylor should hook back up with Mayall once the Stones tour wraps up. Rather than returning to those small dingy clubs with drunk fans talking loudly over the music and shouting out for Stones numbers, MT could have regular work for better pay playing the music he loves in more dignified venues.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 20, 2014 09:26

I saw him four days ago in Prague and he was great.

I came to the theatre 1,5 hour before the show and as soon as I got into the foyer, I realized that JM was standing there behind a small table, selling and signing CDs. He was selling them alone, no assistant. He was obviously confused about our currency, so it went really slow and I think he would sell three times more CDs (or it would take one third of the time) if he got an assistant who would take care of the selling and if he would only do the signing. But well, he was really nice and patient. I got my John Mayall with Eric Clapton CD signed and went to the thetre to get a good spot by the stage.

The concert took 1hour 45 minutes. John was in a great shape, obviously enjoying himself. His band is really tight. Great musicians. Great guitar solos, very good bass solo towards the end. When I got back to the foyer after the show, John was already there with the whole band, selling and signing stuff again...I got my ticket signed and rushed for a train home.

The man is 80. I counted: in 62 days he plays 56 gigs in 56 different towns. 6 days off in total. I suppose he does regulary what he did in Prague - he spends quite a lot of time before and after each almost 2 hour gig by signing stuff. Unbelievable work engagement. But most of all the shows are really good. Go and see him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-20 09:29 by Happy24.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 20, 2014 09:46

Funny how that guitarist in the sixth frame down bears more than a passing resemblance to the latter day Mick Taylor of late, even playing the same type of guitar.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 20, 2014 09:54

oldschool
Mayall does not get the love he deserves. You can buy a signed photo of him on his website for $3 U.S. and $5 International. What other artist basically gives away an autographed photo that cheap?

I don't know, but I just bought one.

I didn't know he was touring, and was disappointed to see he's only playing California dates in the uS. Does he still live there?

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 20, 2014 10:01

stonehearted
Funny how that guitarist in the sixth frame down bears more than a passing resemblance to the latter day Mick Taylor of late, even playing the same type of guitar.

Yeap, he played the whole concert on that Les Paul. He had a Strat there on the stand, but didn't play it. Probably just for the case he broke a string or something. I just found it strange that he had a Strat as a backup guitar for a Les Paul.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1593
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home