Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Jagger recording in LA
Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: March 1, 2011 23:13

According to his brother Chris Jagger, who perfomed in Portugal last night, Mick Jagger is recording with Dave Stewart in LA

Re: Jagger recording in LA
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 1, 2011 23:17

Thanks, Riffbuk. Perhaps Super Heavy isn't dead yet.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: March 1, 2011 23:29

old habits DO die hard

Posted by: Dali ()
Date: March 1, 2011 23:56

Another Jagger's collaboration with Dave Stewart? This is bad news.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: March 2, 2011 00:03

Maybe Mick will go on tour with some new musicians

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 2, 2011 00:23

"Maybe Mick will go on tour with some new musicians"

Not these ones I hope but imho Mick considers he still has 5 or 10 years as a recording and touring artist to offer. That is with and/or without the Stones...

(I know that hurts) grinning smiley

Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: March 2, 2011 00:47

Good news for me. Alfie, Goddess, etc..are just masterpiece.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: March 2, 2011 00:52

Dali

I'll second that. There was picture of Mick in LA with Georgia, who is the "girlfriend" of Stewart's kid....which means its likely that old man Stewart is buzzing around Mick.
Damn! You're right, StonesTodd, old habits do die hard.
Just when I was starting to feel good about Mick again...
and just think.. with their kids hanging out, this will never end.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-02 00:55 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 2, 2011 01:04

Amen to that, Shezeboss! And you'd think that the Stones fans would want to see ACTIVITY from at least one member! Mick has energy to burn as we could see from his latest solo performance at the Grammies. I'd love to see some new material from Mick because quite honestly, it may be all we'll be getting. Does anyone feel that Keith and Mick can collaborate on writing ever again? Just a question, I'm not sure.

Posted by: Dali ()
Date: March 2, 2011 01:22

mickschix
Does anyone feel that Keith and Mick can collaborate on writing ever again?

Yes and they wouldn't even have to write new songs. They could make a great 10 track album reworking outtakes (Zip Mouth Angel, Yellow Cab, You Got it Made, Gangster’s Moll, The Way She Held Me Tight...).

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 2, 2011 01:28

Mick and Dave Stewart's collaboration will never end because their kids are dating?

Well for starters, Mick's pushing 70 so there is a finite end in sight so take heart.

Next it's old news that Mick and Dave have been working on and off on a project together for the past few years called Super Heavy.

Finally, they've been friends who have an on-again/off-again songwriting partnership for the past 25 years. They write dozens of songs that never see the light of day or one or the other reworks on their own. Try being happy that Mick is still writing and recording new material. Take solace in the fact that Jeff Beck has also taken part in sessions for the project. This is not a Mick Jagger solo album. Mick is one of the lead vocalists for the project and is writing some songs for it. The "super group" are expected to make a few appearances to promote the project when Nokia releases it.

Enjoy it for what it is. We will still have previously unreleased or newly finished Stones tracks later this year.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 2, 2011 02:11

Dali
mickschix
Does anyone feel that Keith and Mick can collaborate on writing ever again?

Yes and they wouldn't even have to write new songs. They could make a great 10 track album reworking outtakes (Zip Mouth Angel, Yellow Cab, You Got it Made, Gangster’s Moll, The Way She Held Me Tight...).

Yep. Thats the way forward - rewrite 35 year old outtakes and pass them off as a 'new' album.

Seriously - how desperate are some fans going to get?

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: March 2, 2011 02:25

Rocky Dijon

Finally, they've been friends who have an on-again/off-again songwriting partnership for the past 25 years. They write dozens of songs that never see the light of day or one or the other reworks on their own."

That's hopeful.

"Try being happy that Mick is still writing and recording new material. .

Ehh, I'd rather listen to Exile, than listen to another Jagger/Stewart opus.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: March 2, 2011 02:34

I personally enjoyed Alfie.
Good to hear Mick is active and collaborating with Dave
Stewart again.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 2, 2011 02:35

ChefGuevara
Stewart again.

While I think most people would probably prefer a Stones album, I'm with you...I'd rather have something than nothing, maybe both.

If it sucks so be it...I'm willing to roll the dice.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: March 2, 2011 02:41

Nice to hear Jagger is active. He obviously wants to work and more importantly - he still has his chops. Keith may be done. When is the last time anyone saw Keith near a guitar? Bring the Jagger solo tour on - not as good as a Stones' tour - but that may no longer be an option.

Posted by: stoner63 ()
Date: March 2, 2011 02:58

Dali

I very much agree

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 2, 2011 02:58

Shawn20
Nice to hear Jagger is active. He obviously wants to work and more importantly - he still has his chops. Keith may be done. When is the last time anyone saw Keith near a guitar? Bring the Jagger solo tour on - not as good as a Stones' tour - but that may no longer be an option.
Yeah,now that the hoopla over Keith's book has died down. He has gone very silent. No indication of any musical activity at all.Despite all his talk durin gthe publicity tour for Life that he was going to get the band back on the road.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: March 2, 2011 02:59

It may not be the Stones, but at least he is creating.

(and hopefully the rhythm guitarist plays rhythm on it and the lead guitarist is sober and can play!)

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: March 2, 2011 03:03

Here is the video link

[tv1.rtp.pt];

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: March 2, 2011 03:08

Shawn20

I agree that Keith's playing ain't anywhere near what it used to be, but he still plays guitar on a lot of non-Stones stuff. Just in the past year or two, he's recorded with the Wingless Angels, Sheryl Crow, Merle Haggard, Jack White, Lee Scratch Perry, Jerry Lee Lewis...so its not like he's quit playing guitar.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 2, 2011 03:19

...I think it's a good sign. Practicing your craft means you are still engaged/interested. Better than him doing films like The Women.

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: March 2, 2011 03:27

Rip This
...I think it's a good sign. Practicing your craft means you are still engaged/interested. Better than him doing films like The Women.

Amen (roll eyes) lol

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: March 2, 2011 04:45

Great smiling smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 2, 2011 04:53

Keefan
Shawn20

I agree that Keith's playing ain't anywhere near what it used to be, but he still plays guitar on a lot of non-Stones stuff. Just in the past year or two, he's recorded with the Wingless Angels, Sheryl Crow, Merle Haggard, Jack White, Lee Scratch Perry, Jerry Lee Lewis...so its not like he's quit playing guitar.

he plays on one track on Sheryl's album - and its barely audible. If he wasnt credited on the record, no one would be any the wiser.

Nothing from any session with Jack White has been released, so its pointless commenting on it. I recall he flew down to Nashville about 2-3 years ago and spent a day with Jack.

There's not really much in the way of guitar work on a Wingless Angels record. God knows when those sessions were recorded, though.

He did one track with Lee Perry, recorded no later than 2008. Certainly not in the 'past year or two'.

The one song with Jerry Lee Lewis was recorded sometime between early '09 and early 2010.

What's the Merle Haggard 'recording' that he's done recently? Dont see any record of that. I know Merle put out a new record last year called 'I Am what I am' and Keith was interviewed for a documentary that came out around then, but playing on it? He's not credited as having done so, from what I can see.

the only live performance I can think of since the last Stones tour was a 3-song guest appearance with The Crickets in Nashville in October 2008.

Add in a couple of overdubs on the Exile bonus songs about 15 months ago, and thats about it.

Patti has gone on record as saying that when she took ill, Keith shut down the studio he has in the basement of his home. On the Fallon show last year he mentioned that he'd broken a finger a few months previously and declined to play with the house band as he was completely out of practice.

That resumé suggests he's all but quit playing guitar in the last couple of years. Put all those sessions together and I doubt its taken up more than a week of his time.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 2, 2011 06:10

riverrat
Rip This

Amen (roll eyes) lol
grinning smiley

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: March 2, 2011 06:58

It could be worse: Mick could decide to cover some classics with Bowie again.

Or is that better?

do more movies Mick.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 2, 2011 10:47

Good news. although im not a great Jagger fan (gimme Ron anyday), would be nice to hear some new music from him.
jeroen

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: March 2, 2011 10:59

I thought the Alfie album was quite nice, but of course it lacks everything that makes
a Stones album so exiting. Only Ronnies solo output generally gets my blood pumping.

Still I'm curious what comes out of Micks hands.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: March 2, 2011 14:11

ChefGuevara
Stewart again.

Ditto....I'd love to hear something new from Mick. I'm excited smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-02 14:12 by TrulyMicks.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1695
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home