Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: UK-tour 1966, Didn't Yardbirds play the shit out of the Stones?
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 28, 2011 20:17

'Limey prick'? Jesus, take a chil pill, get laid, ... eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-28 20:19 by Big Al.

Date: February 28, 2011 20:22

Oh, and take a listen to this track: IMO, one of Page's very finest session appearances

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: March 1, 2011 08:45

Keefan
Page has said in an interview that since he didn't read music, most of his session work was playing rhythm, except for the occassional song on which he got to improvise a lead - but those were few when compared to the rhythym parts.

Page said that sometimes when he would work with another session guitarist who could read music (I can't remember who exactly, but maybe Vic Flick), that they'd go over the song with him before recording. (I read this info in a guitar mag interview with Page probably about 10 - 15 years ago).

I love the Yardbirds! From what I've read, Page played guitar along wiht Beck on a lot of the '66 tour, and they were the loudest and heaviest band around at the time.

They had great chops but the Stones had far better songs (don't get me wrong, I love a lot of the Yardbirds' tunes). 'Roger the Engineer' was the biggest guitar freak-out album in rock until Hendrix came along, and it still sounds great, and several songs on 'Little Games' sound like they could have been on Led Zeppelin's first album.

The Yardbirds LIVE AT THE BBC is one of my favorite cds, Jeff Beck's playing in particular is incredible throughout - great stuff. He was on fire.

P.S. The Yardbirds reunion cd 'Birddland' from 2003 is suprisingly good, I highly recommend it.

That's the kind of thing I was referring to, I think I may have read the same interview. Either way, I know I read, or saw, him say something similar at some point.

There's a CD called Hip Young Guitar Slinger, that collects all the tracks Page is documented as playing on for the Pye and Immediate labels. It shows he was obviously capable of handling more than 2nd guitar on Can't Explain, but he was no Chet Atkins when it came to his session playing.

Which doesn't even matter, of course. Page evolved and grew as a player who is just as great in his own way, and several of Zeppelin's albums are my all-time favorites.

I don't even have a Chet Atkins album, much less a favorite.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-01 08:52 by bustedtrousers.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 1, 2011 11:54

bustedtrousers

As far as his session work goes, I thought the line was that he was good at what he did, but what he was called on to do was usually pretty basic, and nowhere near the level of what guys like the Wrecking Crew in L.A did. Page was a good rhythm player, and could handle blues-based leads, which were prevalent in mid-60's London pop/rock, but he couldn't read music, and the London session guys in general didn't handle the variety of stuff like guys in L.A. and Nashville had to.

The guys in L.A. would do some simple 3-chord, throwaway pop song, then a jazz session, then a session with someone like Sinatra, and then a T.V. or film score, all in the same day. And the Nashville guys were in a league all their own, too.

I've always been under the impression that the London guys just didn't do that kind of variety, and therefore didn't need to be as skilled, and this is partly why Page was so successful. Most of what he was called on to do wasn't that complex.

In other words, being the top guy in London wasn't the same as being the top guy in L.A. or Nashville. This is in no way a knock on London. I just think they were two different worlds at that time, and I don't think Page would have cut it in places like L.A. or Nashville. He wasn't a Tommy Tedesco, or a Chet Atkins, by any means.

Anyone have any more solid insight on this?

I don't have any solid insight but I think you are right here. This is not dissing the London scene but let's say... to see it more professional, technical point of view. I think those sessions guys at L.A., Nashville or many other places in US had such experience and skills that goes beyond comprehension to the standards of the British - and European - guys had at the time. That some of these London/British guys were able to make records that would transform the whole pop/rock scene had not much to do with their "hands" but with their minds - they had fresh, unique, fitting ideas. Just from a technical, professional point of view, read what Keith Richards says in ACCORDING TO THE ROLLING STONES of their first American tour - that they saw all these local little bands that actually were superior to them. But he also realized that The Stones had something extra all these bands didn't have... This is what he says:

"Suddenly you'd find yourself in Oklahoma listening to some incredible little counry band in a bar and you'd think, "This is light years ahead of us, playing-wise, but they'll never get out of this bar". We were kind of learning; there was a lot of scratching our heads and thinking, "There are so many good bands here, what the hell are we doing?", and at the same time, "How come we're top of the bill?"

If this is how it looks like from a 'ground' level, think what is like when one gets to the best studios and see the top session players there...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-01 11:56 by Doxa.

Date: March 1, 2011 12:14

The Yardbirds could never outshine the Stones with a frontman like Keith Relf. He's ok, but couldn't hold a candle to Mick Jagger.

There's also something about the swing and the groove that the Stones have, that's hard to top, imo.

Date: March 1, 2011 12:33

To continue a bit... It is funny how the "guitar god" movement started from England. It has something to do with mixing a kind "puritism" and "nerdism" with "egoism" that could only took in that context where the blues was learned by mail... It looks like in America, from blues circles to any circles, being a top guitarist wasn't any big deal, but a part of the package of a pro musicianship. For example, the top blues guatirists weren't any "gods" but more like having a personal touch and way to play the blues. But in Britain, these little guitar nerds started to study the licks and solos of the black blues guitarist with such a care and attention that those turned out be the focus of the whole thing - and soon these little nerds were praised as gods and their egos just exploded.... Then comes one skilled back up musician from The States, knowing all those Freddie/Buddy King things by heart (as many of his colleagues), looks around the funny scene, makes his own little coctail, and explodes the whole bloody 'guitar god' scene... Jimi Hendrix is born!

Could it be that The Stones never really took part to the "fastest gun under the sun" competition because they were quite early contacted with real american musicians and their scenes, so they didn't have any illusions of their "superior" technical abilities (see the Keith quote above)? And when it finally looked like that any decent band should have a competent "guitar god" onboard in order to sound fine onstage, they decided to hire one...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-01 12:37 by Doxa.

Date: March 1, 2011 12:55

You might have a point there, Doxa. Or the answer could be even more simple: If you don't have the ability to write really good songs, you'll have to find another thing to compensate with.

The Stones had one of the best frontmen around, if not the best already. Then the songwriting really took off. There was no need for flashy guitar playing or other virtuosity.

Date: March 1, 2011 13:13

DandelionPowderman
You might have a point there, Doxa. Or the answer could be even more simple: If you don't have the ability to write really good songs, you'll have to find another thing to compensate with.

The Stones had one of the best frontmen around, if not the best already. Then the songwriting really took off. There was no need for flashy guitar playing or other virtuosity.

Yaeh, that's the other side of the coin. By the late 1963 in Britain, and by summer 1965 anywhere, The Stones were in different league, and that league only have two teams: The Beatles and The Stones, and the game was that of making bigger hits and looking cooler... I have had the impression that for the rhythm&blues scenes of Britain - out of which these guitar gods came - The Stones were like their representative in the pop charts and pop circles, and never any other act achieved such a distinctive role. I don't recall the Stones were ever claimed being "traitors" or anything like that to their blues roots, etc. The success of The Stones occurred such rapidly from the very early on, and no one ever catched them.

- Doxa

Posted by: lsbz ()
Date: March 1, 2011 13:16

Doxa
Could it be that The Stones never really took part to the "fastest gun under the sun" competition because they were quite early contacted with real american musicians and their scenes, so they didn't have any illusions of their "superior" technical abilities (see the Keith quote above)?

I have to strongly object to this; the Stones guitarists were technically as good as any guitarist of their time; they just were rhythm guitarists and did not get noticed much that way. It's a predjudice that you hear way too often, probably by people who have not been in decent bands themselves; playing rhythm guitair well can take all kinds of techniques. An obvious example is Pete Townshend, who is a very noticable rhythm guitarist, but Keith Richards is very good as well.
In a band, a good rhythm gutarist is mandatory, but you can well do without a solo guitarist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-01 13:20 by lsbz.

Date: March 1, 2011 13:25

lsbz
Doxa
Could it be that The Stones never really took part to the "fastest gun under the sun" competition because they were quite early contacted with real american musicians and their scenes, so they didn't have any illusions of their "superior" technical abilities (see the Keith quote above)?

I have to strongly object to this; the Stones guitarists were technically as good as any guitarist of their time; they just were rhythm guitarists and did not get noticed much that way. It's a predjudice that you hear way too often, probably by people who have not been in decent bands themselves; playing rhythm guitair well can take all kinds of techniques. An obvious example is Pete Townshend, who is a very noticable rhythm guitarist, but Keith Richards is very good as well.
In a band, a good rhythm gutarist is mandatory, but you can well do without a solo guitarist.

That is wrong, as Richards either won, or got recognition as one of the best (top 5 and/or 10) lead guitar players in Britain in awards on several occations during the early/mid 60s.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-01 13:26 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: March 1, 2011 13:33

DandelionPowderman
lsbz
Doxa

That is wrong as Richards either won, or got recognition as one of the best (top 5 and/or 10) lead guitar players in Britain in awards on several occations during the early/mid 60s.

Obviously, Keith Richards is more of a rhythm guitarist compared to, for instance, Mick Taylor; "lead" is a vague term that could mean anything.

Date: March 1, 2011 13:49

He may be now, but he certainly was a solo guitarist.

He played all the solos (except slide solos) until he discovered open G-tuning, hence he functioned as the band's solo guitarist for seven years. If you don't think he was good enough doesn't rock that fact.

And he got noticed indeed, already on the Stones' debut album. From the first solo on Route 66, through the great licks on Little By Little as well as on the swinging Walkin' The Dog.

When I listen to one of the Stones' best albums, Let It Bleed, I'm not thinking
"this guy is obviously more of a rhythm guitarist"...

Date: March 1, 2011 13:56

DandelionPowderman
He may be now, but he certainly was a solo guitarist.

He played all the solos (except slide solos) until he discovered open G-tuning, hence he functioned as the band's solo guitarist for seven years. If you don't think he was good enough doesn't rock that fact.

And he got noticed indeed, already on the Stones' debut album. From the first solo on Route 66, through the great licks on Little By Little as well as on the swinging Walkin' The Dog.

When I listen to one of the Stones' best albums, Let It Bleed, I'm not thinking
"this guy is obviously more of a rhythm guitarist"...

Probably a matter of perception. Rhythm guitarist do play soloish parts, or riffs, or whatever you call them, but I would not call them proper solo's in the case of Keith Richards. And I regard "lead" parts as part of the arrangement that you would for instance vote about, and "lead" not a function in the band.

Date: March 1, 2011 14:10

Rhythm guitarist is not a suitable label on Keith, nor is the term solo guitarist, imo.

Date: March 1, 2011 14:16

DandelionPowderman
Rhythm guitarist is not a suitable label on Keith, nor is the term solo guitarist, imo.

In my perception Keith Richards in Little Queenie is clearly still a rhythm guitarist doing a solo. It's a "rhythm solo", and very good; that's not the issue. The Stones may have organized their band with a clear lead function, but I would not. We only had one guitarist, who did both, anyway.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-01 14:27 by lsbz.

Date: March 1, 2011 14:27

Yeah, but in Start Me Up, he's playing the main melody, like he does so often - hence his role is much more advanced than that of a rhythm guitarist.

Date: March 1, 2011 14:42

DandelionPowderman
Yeah, but in Start Me Up, he's playing the main melody, like he does so often - hence his role is much more advanced than that of a rhythm guitarist.

I would call them chord changes instead of melody. That's just riffs. These riffs are more part of the rhythm.

Date: March 1, 2011 17:36

lsbz
Doxa

I think you should have no reason to object very strongly. You seem to take my point wrongly. I think the value of "flashing" solo guitarist were actually over-estimated at the time Clapton and co started to make headlines that happend around 1965 or something. For some reason or other the idea of "lead" guitar in the sense of making screaming solos etc. was the measure by which the guitarists were ranked. I think that is ridiculous - as far as intrumentalism goes, nothing is easier than to play a goddamn guitar solo. The time to appreciate the rhythm work and low-profile things like that took some time (a decade or so) but however, the idea of "guitar gods" was modelled on the base of the ability to play solos. As a result it would taka until the late 70's/early 80's - after the punk scene that really made the rhythm guitarist the star of the band - when Keith Richards was started to be ranked among the biggest guitarists in the world.

Anyway, I don't think any of the 'core' Stones members were technically excellent players - their greatness is in their idiosyncratic way to play their instruments, which in a right context with right people (them) means marvellous results.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-01 17:39 by Doxa.

Date: March 1, 2011 18:14

Doxa
lsbz
Doxa

I think you should have no reason to object very strongly. You seem to take my point wrongly.

What I did object to was "they didn't have any illusions of their "superior" technical abilities".

Doxa
Anyway, I don't think any of the 'core' Stones members were technically excellent players...

I think that Jones and Richards were technically excellent rhythm guitar players, and the rest of the band was on par too. Again: rhythm guitar playing can take all sorts of specific techniques, and does so in the case of the Stones.

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: March 2, 2011 05:56

Amsterdamned
Tumblin_Dice_07
Amsterdamned

If someone doesn't hear the delta blues here, well I'am sorry.

1967!

I listened to that first track for two minutes and I didn't hear any hint of Delta blues.....it was a 10 minute track however so maybe I didn't listen long enough? Or maybe our definitions of "delta blues" aren't the same?

You listened long enough, but to the wrong item imo:
Delta blues is not only about scales, but feeling and timing are even more important.It's bigger than that so to speak..

Yeah I'm aware of that. I just couldn't hear it in the snippet I listened to. Perhaps what reminds you of delta blues doesn't do the same thing for me.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: March 2, 2011 06:48

The only reason I can't get away from this sight is the rare poster like doxa. Who can explain better than me. I Love Led Zep, but when too many obnoxious fans tell me how they were the better than the Stones it shoots steam out my ears. Technical proficiency is for our male teenage fantasies, which I have and can understand. But it is nice to have women and begrudging fans of the band like the Stones have, and deserve. Because their feel for their sources is unparalleled. If I had two minutes to play Rock and Roll clips to Aliens, Led Zep would be the rep. If I had two hours, the green men would dance away whistling Elvis the Beatles, and looking for the Stones.

Date: March 2, 2011 10:43

rocker1
bustedtrousers
Big Al
bustedtrousers
As far as his session work goes, I thought the line was that he was good at what he did, but what he was called on to do was usually pretty basic, and nowhere near the level of what guys like the Wrecking Crew in L.A did. Page was a good rhythm player, and could handle blues-based leads, which were prevalent in mid-60's London pop/rock, but he couldn't read music, and the London session guys in general didn't handle the variety of stuff like guys in L.A. and Nashville had to.

The guys in L.A. would do some simple 3-chord, throwaway pop song, then a jazz session, then a session with someone like Sinatra, and then a T.V. or film score, all in the same day. And the Nashville guys were in a league all their own, too.

I've always been under the impression that the London guys just didn't do that kind of variety, and therefore didn't need to be as skilled, and this is partly why Page was so successful. Most of what he was called on to do wasn't that complex.

In other words, being the top guy in London wasn't the same as being the top guy in L.A. or Nashville. This is in no way a knock on London. I just think they were two different worlds at that time, and I don't think Page would have cut it in places like L.A. or Nashville. He wasn't a Tommy Tedesco, or a Chet Atkins, by any means.

What utter rubbish. So, you’re basically dismissing the entire London music scene as second-rate in compared to the scene in LA? You are very much alone on this one, I think.

NO ASS-HOLE, I AM NOT DISMISSING THE ENTIRE LONDON MUSIC SCENE AS SECOND RATE. DID YOU READ MY POST, DIDN'T YOU SEE MY COMMENT ON HOW I WAS NOT KNOCKING LONDON? JIMINY F_UCKING CHRISTMAS, DOES ANYONE ON HERE PAY ATTENTION AND HAVE READING COMPREHENSION SKILLS?

I knew some prick would take what I said the wrong way. I purposely put in the part about not knocking London and saying that they were two different worlds at that time. My impression is that the L.A. guys did everything, while London guys like Jimmy primarily did pop and rock and roll sessions, which were for the most part, fairly basic, when it comes to session work. To be a top session player, you have to be able to play ANYTHING at ANYTIME. From simple pop, like Herman's Hermits, to complex jazz, to film and music scores.

To my knowledge, Jimmy didn't do that. I seem to recall reading somewhere, maybe from Page himself, that what he did was pretty basic, mostly rhythm backing tracks. My impression of London compared to L.A. is that things were more specialized in London, than they were in L.A. As a result, in London, simple pop stuff was handled by one set of guys, jazz by another, BBC and film by another, and so on, with little crossover. Whereas in L.A., the "top" guys did it all. They were very schooled, all around players that could do anything and everything.

I don't think Jimmy, and Big Jim Sullivan, were on that level. I did not say that EVERYONE in London was like that. If you're too retarded to get that, I'm sorry.

I also asked for more SOLID INSIGHT on this, as I am not positive if my IMPRESSION is correct. I was hoping to get some genuine, knowledgeable feedback from some of the members here, especially the British ones, who would know.

I WASN'T looking for some limey prick like you to jump my shit because they are too ignorant to read something without taking it as an insult to their country.

I understand what you're saying. There's a technical proficiency abundant in the Nashville session players that is staggering, and it's been that way for ages. Your point about being able to adapt and play many different styles, flawlessy, with brilliant precise execution, and learn it more/less instantly, is something that is an entirely different skillset from blowing away rock audiences with passionate power chords, or somewhat shaky acoustic fingerpicking that a Chet Atkins was probably playing when he was, oh, 8 years old.

Jimmy Page is a rock guitar god, and rightly recognized as such. But I think he would've had a hard time getting hired as a session player in Nashville. Perhaps I'm very wrong and there's more to his 1965-era resume than I Can't Explain and other similar rock/blues sessions.

And this is certainly not a knock on London. I'm sure that city was/is filled with players possessing technical proficiency and talent by the bucketloads. Perhaps Vic Flick should jump in here and give us a thought on this? (He's a Londoner who probably would've fit in very well as a Nashville session player.)

I think Jimmy Page could have played very much everything that has come out of Nashville during the years. I suspect he'd do fine back in 1965 as well.

Date: March 2, 2011 12:45

DandelionPowderman
I think Jimmy Page could have played very much everything that has come out of Nashville during the years. I suspect he'd do fine back in 1965 as well.

Exactly - he wasn't just strumming along to Herman's Hermits recordings or adding 12-string acoustic to Bald Headed Woman by the Kinks. Page performed on a wide variety of recordings, handling many different rhythmic and lead styles. He was also did some producing with the Immediate label, working alongside John Mayall, Chris Farlowe, etc.

BTW: check out a recording on You Tube titled 'Lord Byron's Blues' - it's a wonderful early showcase for Page's slide-guitar skills.

Posted by: lenchik ()
Date: March 3, 2011 15:33

His Majesty
There is live footage of them with page on bass and of course there is the incomplete 2 tracks from Glasgow 1966 featuring page and beck on guitar.

There's photos from other gigs, just hard to track down.

I doubt they blew the stones off stage because the stones generated so much energy and excitement and there interesting musical highlights too like lady Jane etc.

It's the first time i hear about the Glasgow recording! Do you have it?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 3, 2011 17:06

Big Al
Oh, and take a listen to this track: IMO, one of Page's very finest session appearances

Yah need to be careful who you credit the guitar parts to as there were usually other players involved like .big .jim Sullivan etc, also Page didn't playon all of the tracks contained on these session cd's.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 3, 2011 19:25

I just got a live 1966 Yardbird broadcast off Dime :

"The Yardbirds, feat. Jeff Beck - Live at the 16th Sanremo Festival, Casinoí Municipale, Salone Delle Feste, Sanremo, Italy, January 27 & 28.1966, from reel to reel master, radio broadcast.
January 27 1966, 1st night performance.
1. Paff Bum
2. Questa Volta (some disturbed radio signal at the beginning)

January 28 1966, 2nd night performance.
3. Questa Volta (with extended lyrics)
4. Paff Bum"

and this is beyond pathetic despite the presence of Beck onstage. It's "boo-bah-bee" lyrics over a neanderthal drumming and clumsy twangy guitars. Sounds like a bunch of guys taking the piss out of this new musical genre...

Compare it with the 1966-02-24 Stones tape from St.Kilda and you'll know who prevailed in 66...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-03 19:29 by dcba.

Date: March 3, 2011 20:00

His Majesty
Yah need to be careful who you credit the guitar parts to as there were usually other players involved like .big .jim Sullivan etc, also Page didn't playon all of the tracks contained on these session cd's.

Too true, though this recording is nearly always cited as featuring one of Page's finest solo's and Big Jim doesn't list it on his website as being a track that he, himself, performed on. It's very true that often Page would be strumming and someone else soloing, but I believe that The First Gear's Leave My Kitten Alone is definitely Page.

Date: March 3, 2011 20:47

dcba, both those broadcasts pre-date Jimmy Page's time with the Yardbirds, remember. Also, both those tracks are Keith Relf solo numbers, which funnily enough, supposedly feature Jimmy Page on guitar.

Date: March 3, 2011 21:47

A few images of the Beck/Page line-up on stage before Jimmy swapped the bass for the 6-string.
[imghttp://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/74300749.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D0024D488F10236C32910AD206769466913F674F2387E31BBE[/img]

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: March 5, 2011 07:25

DandelionPowderman
rocker1
bustedtrousers
Big Al
bustedtrousers

What utter rubbish. So, you’re basically dismissing the entire London music scene as second-rate in compared to the scene in LA? You are very much alone on this one, I think.

NO ASS-HOLE, I AM NOT DISMISSING THE ENTIRE LONDON MUSIC SCENE AS SECOND RATE. DID YOU READ MY POST, DIDN'T YOU SEE MY COMMENT ON HOW I WAS NOT KNOCKING LONDON? JIMINY F_UCKING CHRISTMAS, DOES ANYONE ON HERE PAY ATTENTION AND HAVE READING COMPREHENSION SKILLS?

I knew some prick would take what I said the wrong way. I purposely put in the part about not knocking London and saying that they were two different worlds at that time. My impression is that the L.A. guys did everything, while London guys like Jimmy primarily did pop and rock and roll sessions, which were for the most part, fairly basic, when it comes to session work. To be a top session player, you have to be able to play ANYTHING at ANYTIME. From simple pop, like Herman's Hermits, to complex jazz, to film and music scores.

To my knowledge, Jimmy didn't do that. I seem to recall reading somewhere, maybe from Page himself, that what he did was pretty basic, mostly rhythm backing tracks. My impression of London compared to L.A. is that things were more specialized in London, than they were in L.A. As a result, in London, simple pop stuff was handled by one set of guys, jazz by another, BBC and film by another, and so on, with little crossover. Whereas in L.A., the "top" guys did it all. They were very schooled, all around players that could do anything and everything.

I don't think Jimmy, and Big Jim Sullivan, were on that level. I did not say that EVERYONE in London was like that. If you're too retarded to get that, I'm sorry.

I also asked for more SOLID INSIGHT on this, as I am not positive if my IMPRESSION is correct. I was hoping to get some genuine, knowledgeable feedback from some of the members here, especially the British ones, who would know.

I WASN'T looking for some limey prick like you to jump my shit because they are too ignorant to read something without taking it as an insult to their country.

I understand what you're saying. There's a technical proficiency abundant in the Nashville session players that is staggering, and it's been that way for ages. Your point about being able to adapt and play many different styles, flawlessy, with brilliant precise execution, and learn it more/less instantly, is something that is an entirely different skillset from blowing away rock audiences with passionate power chords, or somewhat shaky acoustic fingerpicking that a Chet Atkins was probably playing when he was, oh, 8 years old.

Jimmy Page is a rock guitar god, and rightly recognized as such. But I think he would've had a hard time getting hired as a session player in Nashville. Perhaps I'm very wrong and there's more to his 1965-era resume than I Can't Explain and other similar rock/blues sessions.

And this is certainly not a knock on London. I'm sure that city was/is filled with players possessing technical proficiency and talent by the bucketloads. Perhaps Vic Flick should jump in here and give us a thought on this? (He's a Londoner who probably would've fit in very well as a Nashville session player.)

I don't.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1869
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home