Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: What guitar did Keith use to record Honky Tonk Woman?
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 9, 2019 18:54

Mathijs
Richards used the Gibson ES-330 in the studio a lot, and the sound of this guitar through a HiWatt Dr-103 on Hyde Park sounds very much like the sound of the studio Honky Tonk Women and the 1969 version of Loving Cup. My best guess would be the Gibson ES-330.

Mathijs
I most assuredly agree because of the tone of Keith's guitar has that single coil sound . My guess was always a Gibson guitar but of course I thought it was with humbucker pickups . Mathijs is on the money with the Gibson 330 loaded with single coil P 90 pickups.

Re: Track Talk: Honky Tonk Women
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 30, 2022 00:55

Just occurred to me that the presentation of the song has always been aimed at getting women to flash their boobs out

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 3, 2022 23:31

I love the intro of this song live, especially when it goes on for a long time, like here:

Have they ever opened a show with Honky Tonk Women? Wouldn't that be cool? "Ladies and gentlemen... the Rolling Stones!!!..... duummm---dum-dum-dum-duummmmm

Date: June 3, 2022 23:44

The most ridiculously persistent HTW Intro must be from Fort Worth 78. One Tone Music!

Date: June 3, 2022 23:47

Love You Live opens exactly like you describe. Maybe most or all of the 1975/76 shows

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 4, 2022 03:30

Memories...the '81 tour was so much fun....thumbs up

NilsHolgersson
I love the intro of this song live, especially when it goes on for a long time, like here:

Have they ever opened a show with Honky Tonk Women? Wouldn't that be cool? "Ladies and gentlemen... the Rolling Stones!!!..... duummm---dum-dum-dum-duummmmm

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: June 4, 2022 04:22

1975-1976

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 4, 2022 07:46

Hairball
Memories...the '81 tour was so much fun....thumbs up

NilsHolgersson

NilsHolgersson, how do you not know this? It's (not this) on LOVE YOU LIVE even!

Date: June 4, 2022 08:13

And Brixton 1995.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 4, 2022 10:35

Ahh yess.. the 70s ofcourse..

Date: June 4, 2022 23:25

If I had a car I would blast overlong HTW intros at red lights and in stop and go traffic

Date: June 5, 2022 00:18

The smile between Jagger and Taylor at 3:26 sharp speaks volumes: "Honky Tonk Women".

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1535
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home