Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What was left off the EXILE reissue????
Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 20, 2011 01:46

Mick said regarding the outtakes included on the EXILE reissue, he tried to avoid including tracks well known from bootlegs.

Well, I'm not well-versed in EXILE bootlegs, so I thought, "I might be missing out on some great outtakes!" (I figure some of those outtakes known well on bootlegs might be good, or they wouldn't be so well known.)

The one outtake I do have and like a lot is an acoustic version of All Down the Line , but that's the only EXILE bootleg outtake with which I'm familiar.

PLEASE RECOMMEND ANY GOOD EXILE BOOTLEG TRACKS! Thanks!

Re: What was left off the EXILE reissue????
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: February 20, 2011 01:51

well, they left MOST of the 67 Satanic Sessions...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 20, 2011 02:23

Title5Take1
Mick said regarding the outtakes included on the EXILE reissue, he tried to avoid including tracks well known from bootlegs.

Well, I'm not well-versed in EXILE bootlegs, so I thought, "I might be missing out on some great outtakes!" (I figure some of those outtakes known well on bootlegs might be good, or they wouldn't be so well known.)

The one outtake I do have and like a lot is an acoustic version of All Down the Line , but that's the only EXILE bootleg outtake with which I'm familiar.

There's barely enough for one cd - and the vast majority of those songs dont even come from Nellcote but date from 1969-70.

Alternate takes :

Shine A Light
Stop Breaking Down
Loving Cup
Sweet Virginia
Sweet Black Angel (instrumental - aka 'Bent Green Needles')
All Down The Line (acoustic demo)

Outtakes
I Ain't Signifying (earlier version of the song released on the bonus disc)
Travellin' Man
Hillside Blues (aka 'I Dont Know The Reason Why')
Exile On Main Street Blues (although to call this a 'song' would be stretching it. It consists of Mick on piano namechecking a few of the album's song titles in verse, and was released (with appropriate inserts from the album) on an NME flexi disc in May 1972)
I Don't Care (Mick solo...recorded at Sunset at the mixing stage, as was 'Exile Blues' (this circulates in lesser sound quality than the other songs)

Numerous bootlegs round up all that are out there. 'Main Street Revisited' is one of the better ones.

I've said it before, but there are probably hardly any 'finished' songs that were recorded for Exile, but left off. As they didnt finish the vocals and add many of the overdubs until they went to Sunset Sound in late '71/early '72, and considering the fact that it was a double album and they had to get the record ready in time for a tour, they had no need or incentive to finish more songs than were required.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-20 02:25 by Gazza.

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: February 20, 2011 05:17

This one is on here, from Urban Steel. He has it in MP3 too, if you don't do FLAC:

[www.iorr.org]

The sound quality is a bit erratic, but overall it's good. And I love Exile On Main Street Blues!

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: February 20, 2011 08:45

a few yrs ago i made a compilation with outtakes, unreleased songs and live versions. they're in flac format but you can pick and choose what you want. [www.mediafire.com]

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 20, 2011 11:49

Posted by: bolexman ()
Date: February 20, 2011 12:04

Title5Take1

In my opinion a collectable song from this period is "Don't Lie To Me" played on the Exile tour... yes history buffs that is after the album was recorded, but recordings like this would have rounded out the Exile document nicely. You might like this Title5Take1. Here is a youtube link to hear the audio-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1712
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home