Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 9 of 12
Re: OT: favorite Whiskey/Scotch/bourbon
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 21, 2013 01:22

treaclefingers
latebloomer
treaclefingers
stupidguy2
latebloomer
latebloomer..Bourbon with ice,Coke and Salted peanuts I might just try that out..coke and salt together that must be an American thing yea

I think it's more a southern thing, colonial. First found out about it when I was working at the Georgia State Capitol building in Atlanta. They used to have bags of salted peanuts out next to bottles of coke for the legislators. Tried it myself, but never with bourbon...probably goes down much better that way.

Coke and peanuts!
Yeah, must be a southern thing because most people cringe when I say I grew up in Texas with coke and peanuts.
Take the coke, throw a few peanuts in the bottle or can...and drink.

How is that any different really, then shoving a handful of peanuts in your mouth, chewing them to the consistency of chunky peanut butter, and then swigging it all back with a frosty Coca-Cola?

Wow, is the weekend here yet?!

Almost treacle, almost. smileys with beer

I'm not much of a soda drinker anymore, hardly ever have anything but water and wine, but I wouldn't turn down a rum and coke with some peanuts thrown in.

Ahh, nostalgia...

sort of a 'southern' variation on "I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers".[/quote]

Actually, I would. But to each his own, treacle.

Date: October 20, 2013 23:53

Stop the presses! 65 cases of Pappy Van Winkle bourbon have gone missing,..

[www.nytimes.com]

It's supposed to be one of the best in the world. Anyone ever try it?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 21, 2013 01:02

Moonshine seems to be making a comeback... still

Posted by: KillRill ()
Date: October 21, 2013 12:29

Lagavulin 16

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: October 21, 2013 17:02

KillRill
Lagavulin 16

Oh Yes! A lovely whisky. Price has risen in recent years and now retails for about 50% more than comparable malts, e.g., Laphroaig. Fifteen years ago they all cost roughly the same unless you were going for a particularly special - i.e., rare / expensive / old - bottle. Some tourist pubs used to charge by the age, so Lagavulin sometimes cost more than, say, a 12 year old malt, but this was to rip off the tourists (and gullible Scots) as the bottles themselves were all roughly the same price.

Posted by: belld ()
Date: October 22, 2013 21:33

teleblaster
KillRill
Lagavulin 16

Oh Yes! A lovely whisky. Price has risen in recent years and now retails for about 50% more than comparable malts, e.g., Laphroaig. Fifteen years ago they all cost roughly the same unless you were going for a particularly special - i.e., rare / expensive / old - bottle. Some tourist pubs used to charge by the age, so Lagavulin sometimes cost more than, say, a 12 year old malt, but this was to rip off the tourists (and gullible Scots) as the bottles themselves were all roughly the same price.
Och aye a braw wee dram. The same mood altering liquid you consumed Mr T at the rate of 1 every 30 minutes along with an industrial strength lager and a wee Partick woodbine for 6 hours. Total Ne`erday units - plenty.
May I recommend another Islay malt - Caol Ila.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 23, 2013 04:26

still Jameson Irish Whiskey...

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 23, 2013 10:00

Max'sKansasCity
Look out for Nucky Thompson drinking smiley

Date: October 23, 2013 11:46

belld
teleblaster
KillRill
Lagavulin 16

Och aye a braw wee dram. The same mood altering liquid you consumed Mr T at the rate of 1 every 30 minutes along with an industrial strength lager and a wee Partick woodbine for 6 hours. Total Ne`erday units - plenty.
May I recommend another Islay malt - Caol Ila.

I know, belld, we were taking it easy that year. Age catches up with us all. Very fond of Caol Ila too! Was first introduced to it in a Post Office in Finlaggan, but that's another story.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: October 23, 2013 13:40

I finished a Aged 7 years Baker's last night watching "Boardwalk Empire". Great drink, strong compare to other bourbons I have tried before. (53.5%). When I started the bottle few weeks ago, I thought it had too much alchool but with 2 ice cubes it eventually opens up and that thing goes down pretty smoothly. It $40 and I recommand it.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: October 26, 2013 02:28

Glad to know your a bourbon man! Now, which one is best Makers 46 or Old Gran Dad? And what is the difference between Makers and Makers46? It'd be great if you replyed but I don't expect much anymore. rnickel214@gmail.com The net may be magical but a lot of the time it's just downright cold!

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: October 26, 2013 14:50

Possible answer to ;What is the difference between Maker's and Maker's 46?
Not coming from me but from a Maker's website :

"Now, Maker's is getting into the act. In a few months, the Loretto, Ky. distiller will launch Maker's Mark "#46," a slightly higher proof Bourbon expression that has been finished in barrels containing toasted oak staves for several extra months of aging. The staves, in fact, are seared on the outside. The result: a Maker's Mark Bourbon with slightly less sweetness and vanilla, and a bit more earthy cinnamon. And while I have read other reviewers comment that they thought #46 was hotter on the tongue than standard Maker's Mark, I had the opposite reaction. #46, to me, is a bit quieter on the tongue and has a smoother finish than regular Maker's despite the higher alcohol content.

This is not a radical departure for Maker's. Indeed, I had to drink both Maker's Mark and Maker's #46 against each other for 15 minutes to formulate my review, and pull out the differences. That's not a huge surprise since #46 has regular maker's at its core. The Bourbon is crafted to the regular Maker's taste profile before it is barreled for the extra finish.

As much as I have always enjoyed Maker'sMark original (except for the dripping red-wax seal on the bottle neck, which always seems like more trouble than it's worth when trying to get at the Bourbon) I think #46 is a more sophisticated and more pleasant expression; a parallel might be the difference between drinking hot cider with and without a pinch of cinnamon. I prefer mine with cinnamon."

Keep on drinkin' Bourbon and listenin'2 rock and roll music.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Date: October 26, 2013 16:31

Mortlach.

Date: October 26, 2013 17:34

BluzDude
Max'sKansasCity
Look out for Nucky Thompson drinking smiley

Nucky?
winking smiley..... is that a person or a brand of white lightning?

And man, moonshine is making a comeback, I am seeing more and more about it.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 26, 2013 17:39

I just sit and SIP a favorite ...Jim Beam ...King among Kings
thumbs up

2 1 2 0

Date: October 26, 2013 17:44

Tamdhu

Date: October 26, 2013 18:19

I wonder what George Thorogood would say here...

Date: October 27, 2013 12:23

Old Poulteney.

Date: October 27, 2013 14:46

Come On
thumbs up

Sittin' thinkin' sinkin' drinkin'
Wondering what I'd do when I'm through tonight...

Date: October 27, 2013 14:52

Hi

Date: October 27, 2013 15:54

belld
Old Poulteney.

Interesting list. Or was it simply a description of breakfast?

Date: October 28, 2013 11:17

teleblaster
belld
Old Poulteney.

Interesting list. Or was it simply a description of breakfast?
Just having Sunday DRUNCH.
Clynelish.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: October 28, 2013 23:24

For Scotch Glenmorangie.

For Irish Whiskey (uisce beatha) Red Brest (Cheaper) or Middleton (Expensive). For Hot whiskey's, Jamieson or Bushmills. ANother good one is Paddy.

Date: October 30, 2013 11:08

Aultmore.

Date: October 30, 2013 11:29

belld
Aultmore.

I'll see your Aultmore and raise you a large Laphroaig.

Date: October 30, 2013 13:39

teleblaster
belld
Aultmore.

Well Drambo see in the Pot Still circa 5.00pm tonight. At the last count the gantry offered 419 malts. East to West and home 11.00pm.
Do you remember when they distributed dram menu cards to tick off as you made your unsteady journey through their impressive selection?
Cragganmore.

Date: October 30, 2013 15:59

belld
teleblaster
belld
Aultmore.

Well Drambo see in the Pot Still circa 5.00pm tonight. At the last count the gantry offered 419 malts. East to West and home 11.00pm.
Do you remember when they distributed dram menu cards to tick off as you made your unsteady journey through their impressive selection?
Cragganmore.

Cragganmore is currently malt of the month in the Lismore (for one more day). Spooky or whit?

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 30, 2013 18:08

latebloomer
Come On
thumbs up

Sittin' thinkin' sinkin' drinkin'
Wondering what I'd do when I'm through tonight...

thumbs up Two favs in one hand...both Spider and Jim....

Date: October 31, 2013 20:17

Glenkinchie.

Date: October 31, 2013 20:23

teleblaster
belld
teleblaster
belld
Aultmore.

Cragganmore.

Cragganmore is currently malt of the month in the Lismore (for one more day). Spooky or whit?
Osmosis my close friend. There is nae MALT OF THE MONTH in the Broon Coo, The Laird of Lochwinnoch has exercised his feudal rights and drank the f..... lot!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 9 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1505
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home