Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 8 of 12
Re: OT: favorite Whiskey/Scotch/bourbon
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 25, 2013 08:12

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max, it's New Jersey. That's all you need to know.

Ah... I wondered, not to get cross wised with good IORRers from NJ or anything.

Man I tell ya, there have been acouple of instances in my life when I/we suspected the bar of not using what we were paying for (typically a low quality booze in place of top shelf) and we called them out on it.

We turned the drinks in and got bottled beer in place of it. Not being an expert it is kind of tough to accuse a bartender and getting too uppity about it, so we were nice and they happily (almost too happpily) took the drinks back..... later (weeks) the problem was not there. The booze was fine.

And that was just mixed cocktails... not straight Scotch. I dont want to sound too mean/ or cocky, but if someone orders straight Scotch, or on the rocks, and it is actually rubbing alcohol, with food coloring, and the people cant tell??... well, do you really feel sorry for them?

This is a WHOLE THREAD, hundred of posts about people being picky about Scotch... and I bet most of the people who posted here could tell shit from shineola... But the customers in the article were drinking rubbing alcohol, and couldnt tell? How sorry can one feel for them?

You can tell with good scotch.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: June 8, 2013 14:38

Taken a few hours ago..smoking smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 8, 2013 16:18

colonial

Throw some salted peanuts in the glass colonial, and in Georgia, that's dinner. Cheers! smileys with beer

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 8, 2013 16:30

latebloomer

Throw some salted peanuts in the glass colonial, and in Georgia, that's dinner. Cheers! smileys with beer

>grinning smiley<

Date: June 8, 2013 17:14

latebloomer
colonial

latebloomer..Bourbon with ice,Coke and Salted peanuts I might just try that out..coke and salt together that must be an American thing yea

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 8, 2013 17:18

swilled down some bulleit bourbon with a paddy's chaser last night. don't try this at home. at least in my home.

Date: June 8, 2013 17:22

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: June 8, 2013 17:23

latebloomer..Bourbon with ice,Coke and Salted peanuts I might just try that out..coke and salt together that must be an American thing yea[/quote]

I think it's more a southern thing, colonial. First found out about it when I was working at the Georgia State Capitol building in Atlanta. They used to have bags of salted peanuts out next to bottles of coke for the legislators. Tried it myself, but never with bourbon...probably goes down much better that way.

Date: June 14, 2013 14:04

You drink a lot because you're supersmart, study says

Go ahead, order that second beer: You deserve it because you're so smart. According to the greatest study in the history of science (we're only slightly exaggerating), smarter people tend to drink "more frequently and in greater quantities" than their duller, drier peers. In two studies conducted in the United States and United Kingdom, children's intelligence was measured and categorized in five groups ranging from "very dull" to "very bright." When the study participants were assessed later in life (the Brits checked in from their 20s to their 40s) the "brighter" kids were the ones who emptied more glasses more often. Why? No one is exactly sure yet. Anybody want to drink on it?

[now.msn.com]

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: June 14, 2013 14:07

latebloomer

... Why? No one is exactly sure yet. Anybody want to drink on it?

[now.msn.com]

Because the smarter ones realise what a crock of s*** everything is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-14 14:07 by GravityBoy.

Date: June 14, 2013 14:13

GravityBoy
latebloomer

... Why? No one is exactly sure yet. Anybody want to drink on it?

[now.msn.com]

Because the smarter ones realise what a crock of s*** everything is.

The morning after is always tough GravityBoy...

Date: June 19, 2013 00:37

latebloomer
colonial

latebloomer..Salted peanuts with Bourbon and Coke..Mmmm..not bad,not bad at all..

hey cheers mate smileys with beer

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: June 19, 2013 00:45

Jim Beam

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: August 14, 2013 23:03

Last night I had the pleasure to have a glass of Pappy Van Winkle. Lucky me as that bourbon is hard to find. It is really good I have to say, nice nose, strong in the mouth and really smooth to gobble.
Rock and roll,
Mops
[blogs.wsj.com]

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 15, 2013 02:53

smileys with beer

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: August 15, 2013 04:02

Neither, but I love this:

'I drink Scotch/Whiskey..all night long..'

Posted by: waaghals ()
Date: August 15, 2013 04:29

Every drop of G.Spirits has been poured over the breasts of a Top Model and is then directly bottled into a specific and personalized glass bottle. Each model has been on many covers of international men’s magazines. A few examples include: the beautiful Alexa Varga (Playmate of the year 2012 (HU), Playboy Jan 2013 (DE)), Shooting Star Amina Malakona (Covergirl: Playboy (HU), July Cybergirl 2013 on playboy.com) and the charming Evelin Aubert (Covergirl Playboy Dec 2010 (HU)). These are just a few that are representing G.Spirits Collectrion No.1.

The result of this combination is an exclusive purchase which has never been done before.

Cheers!>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 15, 2013 07:57

My favorite after testing them all (almost all of them):

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: August 15, 2013 08:53

I'm really more of a bourbon drinker and my favorite right now are Old-Grandad's Old Fashioned's. It gives the drink a nice rich full flavor.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 15, 2013 09:18

Use to work with this guy who would marinate his pork chops in beer and bourbon. He came in to work one day enthusing about what a great meal he had the day before. "Man, I'm am a gooood mutherf^@&in' cook!"

Has anyone here ever done that, marinate a cut of meat in bourbon?

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: August 15, 2013 09:29

stonehearted
Use to work with this guy who would marinate his pork chops in beer and bourbon. He came in to work one day enthusing about what a great meal he had the day before. "Man, I'm am a gooood mutherf^@&in' cook!"

you betcha & throwing in some beer, wine, dark rum, vermouth vodka or anything in your liquor cabinet helps, too! Be creative, you can't ruin anything! great holiday fare. drinking smiley

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 15, 2013 09:48

Glenlivet then something stupid.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 15, 2013 10:42

stonehearted

Nah, it's more my liver that is marinated...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 15, 2013 13:48

crown royal on the rocks with a twist (lemon)

Date: August 15, 2013 14:04

stonehearted

Don't know about that, but a favorite way to steam Maryland Blue Crabs is to pour a can or two of beer in the water, along with some Bay seasoning. My father used to say, if it didn't do anything else, at least the crabs would die happy.

Date: September 20, 2013 20:07

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-22 09:14 by colonial.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: September 20, 2013 21:44

latebloomer
latebloomer..Bourbon with ice,Coke and Salted peanuts I might just try that out..coke and salt together that must be an American thing yea

I think it's more a southern thing, colonial. First found out about it when I was working at the Georgia State Capitol building in Atlanta. They used to have bags of salted peanuts out next to bottles of coke for the legislators. Tried it myself, but never with bourbon...probably goes down much better that way.[/quote]

Coke and peanuts!
Yeah, must be a southern thing because most people cringe when I say I grew up in Texas with coke and peanuts.
Take the coke, throw a few peanuts in the bottle or can...and drink.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 20, 2013 21:46

stupidguy2
latebloomer

I think it's more a southern thing, colonial. First found out about it when I was working at the Georgia State Capitol building in Atlanta. They used to have bags of salted peanuts out next to bottles of coke for the legislators. Tried it myself, but never with bourbon...probably goes down much better that way.

Coke and peanuts!
Yeah, must be a southern thing because most people cringe when I say I grew up in Texas with coke and peanuts.
Take the coke, throw a few peanuts in the bottle or can...and drink.[/quote]

How is that any different really, then shoving a handful of peanuts in your mouth, chewing them to the consistency of chunky peanut butter, and then swigging it all back with a frosty Coca-Cola?

Wow, is the weekend here yet?!

Date: September 21, 2013 00:29

treaclefingers
stupidguy2
latebloomer

Coke and peanuts!

How is that any different really, then shoving a handful of peanuts in your mouth, chewing them to the consistency of chunky peanut butter, and then swigging it all back with a frosty Coca-Cola?

Wow, is the weekend here yet?![/quote]

Almost treacle, almost. smileys with beer

I'm not much of a soda drinker anymore, hardly ever have anything but water and wine, but I wouldn't turn down a rum and coke with some peanuts thrown in.

Ahh, nostalgia...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 21, 2013 01:10

latebloomer
treaclefingers
stupidguy2
latebloomer

Coke and peanuts!

Wow, is the weekend here yet?!

Almost treacle, almost. smileys with beer

I'm not much of a soda drinker anymore, hardly ever have anything but water and wine, but I wouldn't turn down a rum and coke with some peanuts thrown in.

Ahh, nostalgia...[/quote]

sort of a 'southern' variation on "I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers".

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 8 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1390
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home