Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Songs to cover by Stones on Tour 2014
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 16, 2013 17:44

A great song to cover instead of the stupid "Wanna be your man"

Something else by Eddie Cochran.

Re: Songs to cover by Stones on Tour 2014
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 16, 2013 18:07

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 16, 2013 18:33

Why do covers? Instead they need to dig more into the past and play such gems as Torn & Frayed, Out of Time, Ride on Baby, MLH, etc.. I think the Stones really underestimate the appeal of their earlier material.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: November 16, 2013 18:41

stones tend to and have done since 1969 almost completely ignored the 1963-67 era.

which is sad, this is the era that defined them, shaped them and made them popular.

aside to "paint it black" which they didnt do live at all between 1967 and 1989, "satisfaction" and maybe "get off of my cloud" there is very little else from this era played live since 1969.

would love it if instead of a 10 or 11 minute version of "midnight rambler" or "you cant always get what you want" they could play a medley of various shorter versions of songs from this era.

one more try
im alright
she said yeah
its all over now
i just wanna make love to you

all would be an excellent replacement for some tired and played out warhorses.

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: November 16, 2013 18:50

Tour? Would be nice but Mick has to come down alot in the asking price both for promoters and tickets.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 16, 2013 20:25

daytime
Tour? Would be nice but Mick has to come down alot in the asking price both for promoters and tickets.
And if that does happen, people think they are working up a new show?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 16, 2013 20:43

buttons67
stones tend to and have done since 1969 almost completely ignored the 1963-67 era.

which is sad, this is the era that defined them, shaped them and made them popular.

aside to "paint it black" which they didnt do live at all between 1967 and 1989, "satisfaction" and maybe "get off of my cloud" there is very little else from this era played live since 1969.

would love it if instead of a 10 or 11 minute version of "midnight rambler" or "you cant always get what you want" they could play a medley of various shorter versions of songs from this era.

one more try
im alright
she said yeah
its all over now
i just wanna make love to you

all would be an excellent replacement for some tired and played out warhorses.

She said yeah would be fantastic as well

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: November 17, 2013 02:05

Rokyfan
daytime
And if that does happen, people think they are working up a new show?

Yes, they will require a new stage design and tour concept, which might be difficult without a new album.

They toured behind a greatest hits package once before, with Forty Licks, but then followed that up another touring concept behind a new album.

I'm sure they wouldn't tour twice in a row without a new concept behind it--it just wouldn't be like them.

Therefore, I predict that they will finally get it together and put out a new album.

Regarding covers, none of the ones named in the above posts. It will be an old blues number here and there. But whatever they do and whatever they cover, it will be worth seeing and hearing.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: November 17, 2013 02:10

Please, no medleys!!!
I hate medleys. So annoying.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 17, 2013 11:40

A nice selection from Goats Head Soup. Hide |Your Love, Coming Down Again, Winter and 100 Years Ago will do for starters. With Mick Taylor playing, of course.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1368
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home