Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O/T Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings at The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester, Tuesday 29th October 2013
Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: October 30, 2013 12:06

Hello,

Not *that* O/T is it, hah-hah-hah! Fourth time seeing this outfit and I cannot add anymore to the nonsense that I wrote a couple of years back about the same show in the same venue...this is just two hours of classy playing by relaxed and massively talented musicians for the reasonable sum of £40.

You cannot imagine more of a 'no-brainer' than that, right?

As a suffering Crystal Palace fan, I was chuffed to hear Bill lament the team's performance after a good-natured heckle from the audience: he is a funnier and droller guy than you might imagine and keeps the patter going.

The evening really is a team effort and everyone takes their turn in the spotlight, frequently responding to exhortations from their bandmates to raise things even higher...all terrific to hear.

It helps of course when you have people like Geraint Watkins, Georgie Fame and the one-and-only Albert Lee...in short I urge you to see this lot if you have the chance!

The only downside of having a great seat is that you don't feel comfortable taking photos...hence this is the only one...win/win all round!

Cheers,

Simon.

Re: O/T Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings at The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester, Tuesday 29th October 2013
Posted by: Adams ()
Date: October 30, 2013 12:34

>>>>The only downside of having a great seat is that you don't feel comfortable taking photos...hence this is the only one...win/win all round!

He keeps watching people in front rows? He did that in Warsaw a couple of years ago, felt cool smiling smiley

Re: O/T Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings at The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester, Tuesday 29th October 2013
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 30, 2013 13:09

Right on. Sounds like you had a great time.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: October 30, 2013 14:43

Sounds like a great evening. Exactly the kind of mood that I love. I have never seen Bill, but I imagine that the vibe in the room is similar to an ABC&D gig in a small theatre, which is absolutely priceless.

And that one picture you took is really nice. Thanks for sharing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-30 14:45 by Happy24.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 30, 2013 17:42

Hope to see Bill next year in Holland
jeroen

Date: November 1, 2013 07:39

Setlist and line up?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 1, 2013 08:41

I only saw Bill and the RK when they were the house band for the opening acts for the Zeppelin reunion show (I felt I got my money's worth several times over for that show), and did some spots of their own--they did an excellent job, and were a really solid, entertaining band. I wouldn't hesitate to see them again if I got the chance.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: November 1, 2013 08:47

Nice one, simon.

Glad you enjoyed it.thumbs up

Best of luck for palace.

Date: November 1, 2013 09:07

Any other photos?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 12, 2013 13:22

Looking forward to seeing Bill in three weeks time in Paris ! Yes a setlist would be nice, they don't have it on setlist.fm :-(

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: November 12, 2013 14:21

Hi Pauline & Gotda,

Sorry that I cannot help you with the setlist or any more photos...all I can say is that the band play a real variety of music so, so well. I have a feeling that I'm preaching to the converted here, hah-hah!

In a purely egotistical and slightly sad fashion however, I can offer you a couple of photos from my first Rhythm Kings show back in September 2004 in Blackpool. They were a revelation.

Chris 'Quadrophenia' Stainton was in the band back then and he was pretty chuffed to have me drag him off their tour bus for a couple of photos, hah-hah! Bill was a good sport, despite his expression...I had rung my Stones-loving mate Rog pre-show and half-jokingly said that I'd get Bill to speak to him later. Of course my pal Rog called BS and we left it there.

Post-show while a couple of other fans were getting LPs signed I dialled Rog and told him to stay on the line for a second or two as someone wanted a word...Bill surprised the f**king life out of him, hah-hah-hah! Mission accomplished I wandered off in a daze and sank a few in a happy hour or two...

Cheers,

Simon.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1788
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home