Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Can we expect more official live material?
Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: November 9, 2013 13:19

I hope sweet summer sun isn't the last thing we get to see from the last tour. I think (and hope) it's a matter of time before they release some new stuff.

Re: Can we expect more official live material?
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 9, 2013 13:26

Sure would like to see LA 2! Although some of the guest spots were good (Jeff Beck, Dave Grohl, etc.) that LA show seems like it was the best "pure" Stones show.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 9, 2013 14:56

i would welcome more new offical live recordings in cd/dvd .love them cant get enough of them !

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 9, 2013 15:00

Well, the pay per view show would be easy. The question is whether there would be enough interest in a big roll out, or whether it would be download only. It bothers me that the greatest live album in rock history (certainly one of them) - Brussels - never received a commercial release on affordable CD/vinyl. They really should have released it earlier. Imagine if Brussels had been released instead of, say Love You Live or Still Life. It would be regarded as a classic album today.

Anyhow, with digital distribution so easy, they could release all of the shows. I don't expect that because the Stones have never released unedited footage.

Posted by: greenriver ()
Date: November 9, 2013 15:24

Ok we have now the official hyde park, everybody is happy, fun was there, it's time to go back to the serious things, the seventies tours.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: November 9, 2013 15:36

If there is to be another DVD release to document the big 50, then it could take a similar form of the last two tours (Flicks 'n Biggest Bang)

Perhaps:

Disc 1: Glastonbury
Disc 2: Arena Date e.g. 02/Prudential centre
Disc 3: Miscellany: Duets etc.
Disc 4: Tour retrospective

Dunno bout everyone else, But I'd buy it

\m/

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-09 15:38 by Monkeytonkman.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 9, 2013 17:45

bart-man
I hope sweet summer sun isn't the last thing we get to see from the last tour. I think (and hope) it's a matter of time before they release some new stuff.

Sweet summer sun is enough from this tour.

Just let them release Paris 1976,

or Ronnie and Taylor shows in London and NYC.

Jeroen

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 9, 2013 18:58

bart-man

I agree, I'd love to have high quality audio/video of the best versions of the best songs from the shows played on that mini tour, and I am still betting that they will release a "special guests" version of the songs, if only to cross market to fans of the guests. Jaggers praise this week of whats-her-name this week seems like a clue that may be coming, her fans alone would gobble up this release.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 9, 2013 19:45

No more 50 and Counting. Jagger was right. I'm finally sick of the band. They screwed up Bill's return. They hinted at more Taylor and gave him crumbs. This is a band that really needs more quality musicians around them and they didn't take advantage of it. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that 2nd L.A. show. I saw it for sale on boot at a local flea market, along with the Anaheim show.

BBC, Paris '67, Leeds, these are a few of my expected things....

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: November 9, 2013 23:27

They could probably have done better and released more/better than Sweet Summer Sun from the last tour, but then again, I haven't bothered to listen to a minute of it.

What I want is more archive releases -- El Mocambo, Knebworth, unreleased stuff from '72, 1967, Australia '73, etc. etc.

I'm sure there will be more of that, but it might take some time.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: November 10, 2013 00:15

24FPS
No more 50 and Counting. Jagger was right. I'm finally sick of the band. They screwed up Bill's return. They hinted at more Taylor and gave him crumbs. This is a band that really needs more quality musicians around them and they didn't take advantage of it. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that 2nd L.A. show. I saw it for sale on boot at a local flea market, along with the Anaheim show.

BBC, Paris '67, Leeds, these are a few of my expected things....

Agree, it would be better to get another fine archive releases from the genuine Rolling Stones, i.e. until Leeds 82. I'm not interested in more releases from the Vegas era or the last tour, but to hear the Taylor performances would be great, though.

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: November 10, 2013 00:18

No "Duets" CD/DVD. NO, NO, NO!!!!! angry smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 10, 2013 00:18

corriecas
bart-man

Sweet summer sun is enough from this tour.

Just let them release Paris 1976,

or Ronnie and Taylor shows in London and NYC.

Jeroen

Dear sweet lord we actually agree on something.

I'd prefer a reasonably priced Brussels release, on vinyl.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: November 10, 2013 00:24

spsimmons
No "Duets" CD/DVD. NO, NO, NO!!!!! angry smiley

Wait until we get Superheavy II. Then you will be pleased to hear some Rolling Lady Gaga shit ...

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: November 10, 2013 00:35

They should release that Kansas City show from '81 where Mick Taylor plays through most of the show.

Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: November 10, 2013 06:21

From a commercial point of view, SSS was the best step they could take. Hyde Park had largest amount of people so this a great "souvenir" for everyone who was in Hyde Park.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: November 10, 2013 18:16

Wake me up when we get official life stuff from the Jones and/or Taylor era.

Posted by: rocknroller ()
Date: November 10, 2013 18:58

would like an official voodoo lounge live release. paradisio?

Posted by: ab ()
Date: November 11, 2013 19:52

50 and Counting has already been flogged to death.

If they need to go there, no more duets. They generally suck during the shows. A compilation of them would be unbearable.

Get back to the archives, starting with a DVD/CD/vinyl set of MSG '69 without any overdubs. A DVD/CD/vinyl set of Hampton '81 would also be welcome.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 11, 2013 21:51

The one latter-day show worth releasing would probably be the unedited Saitama. The footage on the Biggest Bang DVD was heavily (and poorly) edited. Of course, it's widely available on bootleg anyway. A rerelease of the Tokyo Voodoo Lounge would be cool also. I love professionally shot video that is not messed with.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: November 11, 2013 23:09

ab

If they need to go there, no more duets. They generally suck during the shows. A compilation of them would be unbearable.

Get back to the archives, starting with a DVD/CD/vinyl set of MSG '69 without any overdubs. A DVD/CD/vinyl set of Hampton '81 would also be welcome.

Would love the 1969 complete MSG boxset of all three shows but ABCKO would have to o.k. that I think.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 11, 2013 23:18

Yes. The sky is the limit.

Bjornulf

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: November 11, 2013 23:18

bart-man
From a commercial point of view, SSS was the best step they could take. Hyde Park had largest amount of people so this a great "souvenir" for everyone who was in Hyde Park.

Agree with you from a marketing point of view.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 11, 2013 23:40

...many are just expecting rain ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: November 11, 2013 23:53

ab

grinning smiley

ab
Those have also been flogged to death. Give us something we haven't heard in reasonable quality before, like some of the best shows from '72 and Australia '73, or '67, or El Mocambo, or etcetera...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1229
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home