Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Best Soundboard from '75 Tour?
Posted by: tornandfrayed72 ()
Date: February 15, 2011 21:53

Hey All. Thought I'd go the experts. Looking to get my hands on a great sounding soundboard recording of a show from the 1975 Tour of The Americas. In your opinion, what's the best in terms of sound and performance? Thank in advance!

Re: Best Soundboard from '75 Tour?
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 15, 2011 21:56

there are really no ripping boards - detroit and buffalo might be the best sounding boards sources, but their both incomplete. if you're just wanting the best overall sounding complete performance, you should seek out one of the great audience recordings from the LA run....opinions vary there, too, but i'd go with the sunday show...

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: February 15, 2011 22:02

StonesTod
there are really no ripping boards - detroit and buffalo might be the best sounding boards sources, but their both incomplete. if you're just wanting the best overall sounding complete performance, you should seek out one of the great audience recordings from the LA run....opinions vary there, too, but i'd go with the sunday show...

Of course, there's the L.A. Forum bootleg video / DVD soundtrack (a complete soundboard recording)...

Date: February 15, 2011 22:04

Sleepy City
StonesTod

Of course, there's the L.A. Forum bootleg video / DVD soundtrack (a complete soundboard recording)...

all kinds of sound issues with that, though. the la audience sources are much better listening experiences, imo....

Date: February 15, 2011 22:08

Thanks for info! So LA Soundboard or Audience, Detroit and/or Buffalo. What dates? I heard the Garden shows were good. Your take?

Date: February 15, 2011 22:11

Garden shows have some very nice recordings...and i rate the two cow palace/sf shows up there as well. but, if you gotta have a board - i'd seek out the buffalo and detroit gigs - widely available at all legal and illegal download sites near you....

Date: February 15, 2011 22:31

What about the these titles? Whores, Cocaine and a Bottle of Jack - The Complete 1975 L.A. Forum Tapes. 25th Anniversary Edition which I assume is just what the title says, or The Rolling Stones - The Missing Jewels which seems to be Buffalo and Detroit and some assorted other stuff.

Date: February 15, 2011 22:32

those are as good a place to start as any for '75 newbies

Posted by: django ()
Date: February 15, 2011 23:18

tornandfrayed72
What about the these titles? Whores, Cocaine and a Bottle of Jack - The Complete 1975 L.A. Forum Tapes. 25th Anniversary Edition which I assume is just what the title says, or The Rolling Stones - The Missing Jewels which seems to be Buffalo and Detroit and some assorted other stuff.

Whores, Cocaine And a Bottle Of Jack is a very limited 8 CD Box-Set from the Empress Valley Supreme Disc label. The box contains the complete 1975 L.A. Forum tapes of course in audience quality. The packaging of this box is outstanding and I am happy to own this beautiful item.

Date: February 15, 2011 23:21

that looks awesome!

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: February 16, 2011 00:54

Just my two cents -- LA July 9 and July 13th. For audience, I also like NY June 27, Fort Collins and Toronto June 17 (I think). For a soundboard -- avoid LA July 11th and Detroit -- get the incomplete Buffalo.

Wait for Erik Snow for additional recommendations. Maybe he'll show up...

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: February 16, 2011 05:00

StonesTod
Garden shows have some very nice recordings...and i rate the two cow palace/sf shows up there as well. but, if you gotta have a board - i'd seek out the buffalo and detroit gigs - widely available at all legal and illegal download sites near you....

SF shows definitely hot. Of course I may be a little prejudice as they were my first live Stones shows!

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: February 16, 2011 07:37

Myself I like the LA shows, good sound, Toronto is great in my opinion the cd version.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: February 16, 2011 08:49

to me, LA shows (9th, 11th and 13th of July) have the best quality sound compared to others

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 16, 2011 13:10

django
tornandfrayed72

Whores, Cocaine And a Bottle Of Jack is a very limited 8 CD Box-Set from the Empress Valley Supreme Disc label. The box contains the complete 1975 L.A. Forum tapes of course in audience quality. The packaging of this box is outstanding and I am happy to own this beautiful item.

It's more of a botched job made by pathetic Jap bootleggers (the US guy who assembled the tapes and sent them overseas couldn't believe what they did with the material) and on torrent sites like Dime it's VERY likely better versions of these Millard tapes will pop up (or already did).

Posted by: klaudio ()
Date: February 16, 2011 13:18

Where can I get the Empress Valley LA 75 SUNDAY show?

I have the LP version and would love to get a nice cd
set of the Sunday show. My favorite version of Tumbling Dice
and a few others and the famous Jagger line "Who went to church this Sunday".

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 16, 2011 13:41

Who Went To Church This Sunday - LA Forum 75 was always one of my faves back in the day before the box sets came out.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: February 17, 2011 00:43

The Buffalo show, to me, sounds like AUD...don't waste your time.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 17, 2011 01:47

tornandfrayed72
Thanks for info! So LA Soundboard or Audience, Detroit and/or Buffalo. What dates? I heard the Garden shows were good. Your take?

the final night at MSG (27.6.75) is a great sounding audience recording, a superb performance and probably my favourite 1975 show.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: February 17, 2011 01:57

Reminds me of the endless quest for a soundboard of a 75-77 Floyd boot...simply does not exist.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: February 17, 2011 02:05

l taped the 6/22 show from the audience,and it sounds pretty good,l have been trying to transfer it to my PC,but is from a cassette and the tape keeps breaking,so far l have been able to do about 45 minutes of that fantastic show,hopefully will be able to do more and eventually put it up for those that want it,if anyone has any suggestion as to the transferring part,please let me know.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: marko ()
Date: February 17, 2011 10:35

would you email it to me? i´ll remaster it.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 17, 2011 13:28

ROPENI
l taped the 6/22 show from the audience,and it sounds pretty good,l have been trying to transfer it to my PC,but is from a cassette and the tape keeps breaking,so far l have been able to do about 45 minutes of that fantastic show,hopefully will be able to do more and eventually put it up for those that want it,if anyone has any suggestion as to the transferring part,please let me know.

OH YEAH! What an exciting news! Iirc you told us you had contacts inthe NYC police so you were front-row at all the 75 shows... Does it mean your recording was made from that spot...?

Date: February 17, 2011 13:52

Gazza
tornandfrayed72

the final night at MSG (27.6.75) is a great sounding audience recording, a superb performance and probably my favourite 1975 show.

+1

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 17, 2011 14:00

texas fan
Just my two cents -- LA July 9 and July 13th. For audience, I also like NY June 27, Fort Collins and Toronto June 17 (I think). For a soundboard -- avoid LA July 11th and Detroit -- get the incomplete Buffalo.

Wait for Erik Snow for additional recommendations. Maybe he'll show up...

You just made me crawl out of my hiding-cave, texas fan; I can't resist making a post here. Thought I'd be quiet for a year or two.....

Completely agree about your comments; Detroit and LA July 11th sucks - while Buffalo smokes. July 9th and July 13th are probably the very best recordings/performances of the tour.
In addition to those 2; my favourites are Fort Collins and Seattle - insane energy on those shows; grabs the listener no-matter how much he tries to resist.

The early part of the tour is really interesting, as Jagger almost sang like he did in 72/73 - and seems quite anxious about the band behind him. Kansas City, Baton Rouge and Boston are all really great listens - as they're cooking in the "well known Stones way". But I find the later concerts of this tour to be a lot more interesting, as the band (especially Jagger) let it all go to a real different musical/vocal dimension.....compared to the tours they've did previously.

BTW, I can't understand how anybody can say that "1975/1976 is [....] "
Those 2 tours are extremely different. 1976 was a boring drug-haze (with a few exceptions), while 1975 was a milestone in terms of letting it all hang out, on stage, for the band

So my favourite recordings from TOTA 1975 (quality combined with performance)
- LA July 9th
- LA July 13th
- Toronto June 17th
- Buffalo SBD June 15th
- Fort Collins
- Seattle

after that.....San Francisco, 1st Boston show, Jacksonville, 1st Baton Rouge, 1st and last MSG comes to mind as must-haves
Unfortunately, some of their best performances in 1975 is only available in so-so quality.....like Memphis, Milwaukee and Atlanta. We are lucky to have Mike Millard preserving the LA gigs for future.

some selfmade artwork from my favourite tour:

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 17, 2011 14:02

Gazza
tornandfrayed72

Great recording - great energy - BUT.....the downside is that Jagger's voice is really shot...! Too much partying in New York is probably the reason.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-17 14:03 by Erik_Snow.

Date: February 17, 2011 15:14

marko
I would have no problem with send it to you,but like l said l have the show in a cassette and the tape being so old keeps breaking,when l plaY it back to transfer to my PC. What can you use to splice back the tape when it breaks,without affecting the sound????
l am not an expert on this field>

Date: February 17, 2011 15:17

dcba
ROPENI

OH YEAH! What an exciting news! Iirc you told us you had contacts inthe NYC police so you were front-row at all the 75 shows... Does it mean your recording was made from that spot...?
DCBA, for that particular show l was sitting stage left,very close to the action..

Posted by: marko ()
Date: February 17, 2011 15:34

ROPENI
marko
I would have no problem with send it to you,but like l said l have the show in a cassette and the tape being so old keeps breaking,when l plaY it back to transfer to my PC. What can you use to splice back the tape when it breaks,without affecting the sound????

Well i´m not either,i do have Nakamichi tapedeck,but i mainly use it balancing channels when i remaster shows.So i can´t quarantee than it works well just
using it to listen tape thru.......

Date: February 17, 2011 15:46

marko
ROPENI
marko

Well i´m not either,i do have Nakamichi tapedeck,but i mainly use it balancing channels when i remaster shows.So i can´t quarantee than it works well just
using it to listen tape thru.......
Thanks marko,will continue trying..

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1117
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home