Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Great VIDS of Rarely Played Songs - NEW ONES JUST ADDED - From THE STONES 1999 Arena Tour
Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: February 12, 2011 01:58

WHY WAS THE 1999 "NO SECURITY" TOUR SO GOOD? BECAUSE IT WAS ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC/PERFORMANCE AND NOT THE CIRCUS STUNTS. IN A STRANGE WAY IT REMINDED ME OF THE 1969 TOUR - STRIPPED DOWN, SIMPLE, AND STRAIGHT - ALL ABOUT JUST THE MUSIC AND NOT MUCH ELSE (THE WAY IT SHOULD ALWAYS BE)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-13 01:15 by CrissCrossMind.

Re: Great VIDS of Mostly Rarely Played Songs From THE STONES 1999 Arena Tour
Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: February 12, 2011 05:30

No Moonlight Mile?

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: February 12, 2011 07:14

Great tour BUT Is that the year the ticket prices skyrocketed?

Date: February 13, 2011 00:38

tumblingdice
No Moonlight Mile?

Yeah, well.... kinda. This is as good as what's up here (YouTube) right now (I DO remember a complete live version up here once upon a time but the sound quality was as bad as this one). This is all there is I'm afraid - my favorite song of the show - enjoy it !!!

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: February 13, 2011 00:56

Man, that version of "I Got The Blues" is nice.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 13, 2011 02:18

georgeV

Yep. Which kinda derails the myth that it was 'all about the music' somewhat.

Re: Great VIDS of Rarely Played Songs - NEW ONES JUST ADDED - From THE STONES 1999 Arena Tour
Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: February 13, 2011 02:44

Thanks for the Moonlight Mile. I used to have a dvd of that tour but I think it had I Got The Blues instead of that song. At least I got to see it live at mine!

Re: Great VIDS of Rarely Played Songs - NEW ONES JUST ADDED - From THE STONES 1999 Arena Tour
Date: February 13, 2011 03:20

Well, I remember paying $60.00 US for each ticket ($120.00 for 2) for the first show at Anaheim Pond in OC, Southern California. The second show was either $60 a piece (or maybe $90) but yeah, I would say this was the beginning of the higher prices. I'd rate the seats about a "7' on the side but CLOSE. There was higher priced tickets but I just wasn't going to pay them (since my seat for the 1969 show at the LA Forum was $5.99 (November 8th, can't remember how much 1972 cost - not much, and 1975 at the Forum was $15.99 a seat I believe) Yep, things have changed (as Dylan said)....

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 13, 2011 03:48

The behind stage seats were $40. The top prices were $250-300 for the most part ($400 in Las Vegas).

Not sure about $60 seats (you may be right) but most seats were $90 and $125, as I recall. The first ten rows were $90, I think. I paid $90 for my tickets for both shows in Hartford. Up to the side on the first night, close to the side of the stage on the first tier on the second night.

[www.iorr.org] (see the far right column)

It wasnt the first time they'd done something like this - Vegas '94, MSG '98, The Joint in Vegas in '98 to name three that spring to mind - but it was the first time they'd done it throughout a tour.

I think US ticket prices on the BTB tour in '97-'98 were around $65. For the last US date on the tour (Chicago UC 23/4/98) they did a pricing 'experiment' where the top price was $300 and the other prices were (I think) $200 and $100.

The show still sold out.

The average price in '99 went up from $65 to $109.

So, we can all blame the Chicagoans for encouraging them. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-13 03:50 by Gazza.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 13, 2011 07:19

Gazza
georgeV

Yep. Which kinda derails the myth that it was 'all about the music' somewhat.
Yeah but they did make prices for the first 10 rows $75. As opposed to the hundreds they charged for the seats behind and off to the side. I always remember that since I was in the front row opening night.smiling bouncing smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: FoolToCry ()
Date: February 13, 2011 17:00

if they played & worked out "might as well get juiced" moore often - it could´ve been a killer-live-track. electronic blues of the 90´s stones.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2004
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home