Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: What band should be the Half Time Band for next year's 2012 Super Bowl ?
Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: February 11, 2011 03:04

CHANGE OF TOPIC

WHAT BAND DO YOU WANNA SEE PLAY THE HALF TIME SUPER BOWL SHOW NEXT YEAR - Considering how bad the Black Eyed Peas where

MY CHOICES -

BOB DYLAN
PEARL JAM
JOHN MELLENCAMP
LENNY KRAVITZ
SHERYL CROW
ROBBIE ROBERTSON
EAGLES
DON HENLEY
ROBERT PLANT
ERIC CLAPTON

WHO DO YOU WANNA SEE ???????

***Here was the earilier topic*** -
A friend of mine who works with the NFL Football Broadcasts says they're trying very hard to get this band (see video's below) to play the Half Time show next year - 2012. Since the Black Eyed Peas were such a GIANT hit they wanna "try for 2". If they can't get these guys they're thinking about PEARL JAM or BOB DYLAN instead. What do you think? (WARNING- VIDS CONTAIN SOME STRONG/SEXUAL LANGUAGE - You've been warned !!!)

WHOA, MUSIC JUST GETS BETTER AND BETTER - THIS STUFF ROCKS !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-11 17:19 by CrissCrossMind.

Re: OT: Rumored Surprising (but HOT) Half Time Band for next years 2012 Super Bowl
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 11, 2011 03:14

Yep. Dylan with a cast of dancers and fireworks and 75,000 people trying in vain to singalong to songs he's reworked to the extent that most of the crowd wont recognise them. THAT sounds like a cert.

Re: OT: Rumored Surprising (but HOT) Half Time Band for next years 2012 Super Bowl
Date: February 11, 2011 07:33

Aww Gazza, stranger things have happened. Submit this for your approval-

Posted by: CrazyDadda ()
Date: February 11, 2011 10:23

It's in Indy next year right? If so how about John Mellencamp....

Date: February 11, 2011 17:04

MELLENCAMP would be EXCELLENT - there's about 5 bands that still deserve the honor. He'and his band are one of them, Good pick.....

Re: OT: What band should be the Half Time Band for next year's 2012 Super Bowl ?
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 11, 2011 17:39

Lady Gaga thumbs up

Re: OT: What band should be the Half Time Band for next year's 2012 Super Bowl ?
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: February 11, 2011 17:41

AC/DC would be a good choice. Lots of energy, loud, everyone knows their songs.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: February 11, 2011 17:56

As much as I love rock and roll, why does it need to be a rock band? Harry Connick Jr., Al Green, Aretha, Brian Setzer, ?? Of course, it's all about numbers and viewers, so it will probably be Lady Gaga and Justin Beber.

I went to the Super Bowl in 1980, and the halftime show was "Up With People".

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 11, 2011 17:59

Indiana University Marching Band ..... or Mellencamp

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 11, 2011 18:03

r. crumb and his cheap-suit serenaders - i think it's their turn in the rotation.

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: February 11, 2011 18:18

Taylor Swift, Kenny Chesney, just something besides a rock band.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-11 18:25 by gmanp.

Date: February 11, 2011 18:19

Up With People or something similarly cheesy.

Rock bands and the Super Bowel don't mix.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 11, 2011 18:24

Gazza

not a typo, right?

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: February 11, 2011 18:34

SLAYER!

Date: February 11, 2011 18:44

Metallica. A big name and some wham-bam is good. But like Black Peas just demonstrated, there is such a thing as too much bang. I think the occasion by it's very nature is one of the heights of US/TV/$ over-the-top-ness, so a certain amount of integrity to counter balance this is in order. And, be real - it's football; some macho rock.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 11, 2011 18:52

I think The Lonely Island would make a great SB 46 HT show! That shit is hilarious. You do get that they're making fun of the genre, right CrissCrossMind?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 11, 2011 19:09

CrazyDadda
Yeah I was thinking about Mellancamp. His career could use a shot in the arm. Although they don't neccessarily get local acts. The Eagles are probably the biggest American band that hasn't performed. Or gazza's boys.Bon Jovi.smiling bouncing smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-11 19:11 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 11, 2011 19:09

Grateful Dead

2 1 2 0

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 11, 2011 19:14

How about a test pattern?

Date: February 11, 2011 19:16

StonesTod
Gazza

not a typo, right?

Nope. The whole thing gives me leakage.

Date: February 11, 2011 19:18

sweetcharmedlife
CrazyDadda
Yeah I was thinking about Mellancamp.

The sad thing is equal to SB 45: it would have made sense for ZZ Top or Willie Nelson or some of the other big country acts from Texas to have played in Arlington, TX since those people are from Texas...makes total sense...and yet the NFL did something big in Texas - they fffffucked up HUGE! Everything's bigger in Texas - stupidity, Jerry Jones screwing people over, the NFL displaying an incredible knack for selecting non-talent for a halftime show again...etc

But that didn't happen, the obvious home state musicians. Just as...whatever his name is...Mr Jack & Diane...won't get SB 46. I'll be stunned if he does but I'm sure they'll go for someone like...let's see...who would NOT make sense:

Neil Young.

I'd think at least the NFL has sense to correct their mistake and actually have people watch it in 2012 so that means no Eagles - they don't want people to fall asleep.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: February 11, 2011 19:19

CindyC
AC/DC would be a good choice. Lots of energy, loud, everyone knows their songs.

I'm sure they would turn it down, but they would be such an obvious choice. Would be seriously loud and punchy - and they have the best sound guys around. No medleys tho - they only ever do their songs in full.

The only other names I can think of:

zz top
Tom Petty
Metallica
Paul McCartney

I suspect it is just going to "go pop" - will probably be Lady Gaga!

Date: February 11, 2011 19:23

Petty and McCartney have already played it.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 11, 2011 19:26

skipstone
sweetcharmedlife
CrazyDadda
Yeah I was thinking about Mellancamp.

The sad thing is equal to SB 45: it would have made sense for ZZ Top or Willie Nelson or some of the other big country acts from Texas to have played in Arlington, TX since those people are from Texas...makes total sense...and yet the NFL did something big in Texas - they fffffucked up HUGE! Everything's bigger in Texas - stupidity, Jerry Jones screwing people over, the NFL displaying an incredible knack for selecting non-talent for a halftime show again...etc

But that didn't happen, the obvious home state musicians. Just as...whatever his name is...Mr Jack & Diane...won't get SB 46. I'll be stunned if he does but I'm sure they'll go for someone like...let's see...who would NOT make sense:

Neil Young.

I'd think at least the NFL has sense to correct their mistake and actually have people watch it in 2012 so that means no Eagles - they don't want people to fall asleep.
Well I wouldn't dismiss The Eagles just yet Skippy. Yes,they likely won't pick Mellancamp. Because they're not trying to appeal to local fans. They're putting on a tv show and want the biggest ratings. Love them or hate them. Everybody knows Eagles songs. After the abyssmal BEP performance and Will I Am going on a political rant,I'm guessingt the NFL wants some safe old rock band again.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 11, 2011 19:27

Come On
Grateful Dead

A Brady Bunch reunion would be more exciting.

Date: February 11, 2011 19:30

sweetcharmedlife
Well I wouldn't dismiss The Eagles just yet Skippy. Yes,they likely won't pick Mellancamp. Because they're not trying to appeal to local fans. They're putting on a tv show and want the biggest ratings. Love them or hate them. Everybody knows Eagles songs. After the abyssmal BEP performance and Will I Am going on a political rant,I'm guessingt the NFL wants some safe old rock band again.

I know....but....AAAAAUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! That is right, what you say, the safe bet. It just....SUCKS!

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: February 11, 2011 19:33

Bon Jovi or Backstreet Boys eye rolling smiley

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: February 11, 2011 19:34

More Hot Rocks
Come On
Grateful Dead

A Brady Bunch reunion would be more exciting.

Gotta keep on - keep on - keep on - keep on dancing all through the night...

whooo - i could get into that!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 11, 2011 19:36

When I see all that padding and helmets and hear of rules about how hard they can tackle I just think of this lot....so perfect for half-time at superbowl.........

Village people...Go west

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 11, 2011 19:39

It's not a matter of wanting big ratings, they already have the audience with the game. The game itself brings in the ratings world wide. The halftime show justs keeps people interested for 20 minutes during the game AND its a prime spot for commercials.

No other network schedules anything of significance during the Super Bowl for that reason. It's almost as though they could charge the bands for the right to be on the show. It is good exposure for them.

The Eagles would be a good choice, but I have a feeling that Aretha Franklin might be the sentimental choice with her stature and health issues. That being said they may try to book two acts and divide the time, or expand it somewhat.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1559
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home